What would you do if Jesus turned out to be real and came back?

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
He'd have to answer for all the atrocities of his followers and would probably become dead again within the week. Overall, nothing would change.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I think there was a book about this; it happened more or less exactly as before, except the Catholic Church knew who he was and sold him out because he was too extreme (vows of poverty aren't good for organised religion). It sounds about what I'd expect.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I posted on the first page of this, and left it alone, happy with my statement. After 9 pages I have to laugh harder that people take this waaay too seriously.

If you take a step back, most people with a paragraph and more had a lot of time to think this through and put it in writing, but unfortunetly they missed the point of the '1 shot, chance encounter' part of this topic. I mean really, would you honestly have those paragraphs of speech and action memorized for if/when it would happen, that'd be sad.

kinapuffar

Nov 26, 2010
Jesus was real. It's proven fact.
Only an idiot would believe he never existed at all.

Wether he was magical or not is irrelevant.

A person named Jesus existed during that time period. He was considered a healer, had apprentices, and was crucified on order of Pontius Pilatus on the charges of sedition against the Roman Empire.
All of this is fact.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Delsana said:
Zenn3k said:
Meh...the answer is "repent".

Since no matter what, thats all you need to do to get square with god. Christianity is so easy to exploit.

Kill millions of people, torture babies, rape goats...just repent, and off to heaven you go!
Actually, he sees into your heart and your reasoning and so if you repented without actually desiring you'd never done those things and you also didn't show remorse or true worship towards him in your heart you would not be forgiven.
Actually, he doesn't, because he isn't the son of god, because god does not exist.

However, the Bible clearly says otherwise. Repent for your Sins and you shall be saved, it doesn't say anything about "meaning it".

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
Definitely, I'd likely flick him on the forehead, shake my head with a furrowed brow, and say "Jesus!"
He'd smile, shrug, and the audience would laugh, just like a sitcom. Or that's how it'd play in my head, at any rate.

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
Most likely, I'd flick him on the forehead, shake my head with a furrowed brow, and proclaim "Jesus!".
He'd smile, shrug, and the audience would laugh, like in a sitcom. That's how it'd play in my head, at any rate.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Honestly? I suppose the first thing I'd have to do is ask him what he thought of the right-wing Christian fundamentalist whack-jobs that hate homosexuals and preach nothing but intolerance for anybody outside their faith. I'd like to think that he'd laugh, then ask me if I was joking about people like that being real.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Probably go something along the following.

"Oh, he is real. I guess I have proof now"
After that, I'd start asking for some clarifications, because translation kind of did a lot of damage to the messages written down.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Well now, if possible (probably not) i would ask for tips on making houses. Afterall any REAL bible boy would know he was a carpender. He build houses and stuff for a good chunck of his life.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
RidetheLightning said:
What do you mean by "IF" Jesus turned out to be real Jesus "IS" real and "IS" coming back. It is accepted by the overwhelmingly majority of scholars that Jesus was an actual historical figure. After all Chuck Norris has volunteered to remain on earth after the Rapture so he can fight the Anti-Christ
That overwhelming majority of scholars who believe Jesus was a real person would completely disagree with the he "is" coming back part.

Personally I don't believe it will happen, but if it did I would carry on like I normally do

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Zenn3k said:
Delsana said:
Zenn3k said:

Since no matter what, thats all you need to do to get square with god. Christianity is so easy to exploit.

Kill millions of people, torture babies, rape goats...just repent, and off to heaven you go!
Actually, he sees into your heart and your reasoning and so if you repented without actually desiring you'd never done those things and you also didn't show remorse or true worship towards him in your heart you would not be forgiven.
Actually, he doesn't, because he isn't the son of god, because god does not exist.

However, the Bible clearly says otherwise. Repent for your Sins and you shall be saved, it doesn't say anything about "meaning it".
re·pent
verb (used without object)
1. to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of ): He repented after his thoughtless act.
2. to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.

You can't fake feeling sorry because then you wouldn't be repenting.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
This Thread is ridiculous, with people wanting to kill Jesus (...seriously? You wouldn't kill a regular person but to kill Jesus to justify your morals?) Plus with the 'Jesus isn't real spite that more then half of the historians agree he existed'... there's only one thing to do now-

P.S: Note that I don't care if you believe in him or not, but trying to bash on us saying he doesn't exist, trying to tell us we're fully wrong isn't a cool thing to do. There is a difference between 'opinions' and 'spatting out hate or disbelief'.
You do not seem to realize that "half of historians" you cite without a source tends to be more related to theological historians whom claim the Jesus of the Bible existed as he was, not Secular historians. One has a bias to prove certain claims coming from a book they already believe in, or also known as a Confirmation Bias, and one has a bias, although comes at the topic from a more or less objective standpoint - the truth, either way, is all that matters. Guess which one goes with which type of historian.

Also, telling you there is a good chance that the character of Jesus did not exist as a historical person is not "hate" or "cool". It's simply the non-Christian response to the Christian assumption that the character existed, and was exactly as he was and lived according to the Bible. You are showing your bias clearly by taking the matter (too) personally (and a perceived "hate" where it does not exist), when you should be focusing on taking a more objective view on just how historically accurate or inaccurate your belief's actually are. Anything else, and you get into the dangerous territory of letting your belief's rule your thoughts. Not the other way around.

Also, "Zeus probably did not, and probably has not ever existed as he has been described in stories from Greek literature." Now then, why I am allowed to make an apparently objective statement regarding the existence or non-existence of Zeus, King of the Gods, yet the character of Jesus gets a seemingly free pass to "assumed truth"? I think that is rather unfair for concepts that are equally without much supporting evidence beyond the texts that they appear in, no?

tl;dr - You find this thread ridiculous because people will not let an assumed existence of your Jesus character (more or less as he is described, though by non-witness accounts) go without question or criticism, and you feel threatened to come up with actual sources to support your belief's that people wont dismiss for being too theologically dependent.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
The first thing I would do is challenge him to everything ever. I WANT to be able to say

" Yea, I kicked Jesus's ass at xxx"

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
This Thread is ridiculous, with people wanting to kill Jesus (...seriously? You wouldn't kill a regular person but to kill Jesus to justify your morals?) Plus with the 'Jesus isn't real spite that more then half of the historians agree he existed'... there's only one thing to do now-

P.S: Note that I don't care if you believe in him or not, but trying to bash on us saying he doesn't exist, trying to tell us we're fully wrong isn't a cool thing to do. There is a difference between 'opinions' and 'spatting out hate or disbelief'.
I would kill anyone who has come back from the grave as long as they have been dead for longer then a few minutes. I don't like zombies and I will not let any zombie, even if people view it as the savior, to start the zombie apocalypse.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
White and nerdy said:
Kermi said:
White and nerdy said:
The same as any other Christian would do- fight VERY hard from telling every smug Atheist "Ha! Told you so!"
Since Jesus isn't here now, do you think every atheist in the world wakes up in the morning repressing the urge to say "Ha! Told you so!" to every Christian?
It's called a joke, moron. And, just because Jesus isn't RIGHT in fucking front of you doesn't mean he didn't exist. You might as well claim Pope Pius IX doesn't exist because you only have the church's word for his existence, too.
And just because a book told you he did exist doesn't mean he did. As for Pope Pius IX there are other documents that show of his existence.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Zenn3k said:
Delsana said:
Zenn3k said:

?For godly sorrow produces repentance to salvation ? (2 Corinthians 7:10)