What would you do if Jesus turned out to be real and came back?

Johnny-Natrium

May 23, 2010
White and nerdy said:
Johnny-Natrium said:
White and nerdy said:
Johnny-Natrium said:
White and nerdy said:
The same as any other Christian would do- fight VERY hard from telling every smug Atheist "Ha! Told you so!"
Atheists beat you to that, though.. When any person in the world died, the subsequent nothingness can be accepted as an "I told you so" from every atheist in the world.
It's a joke, idiot. Though, forgive me, because you are obviously a superhuman that can feel human life going out of the ether. You have no idea what happens after death, so don't act like you do.
Wow, that's probably the most ironic statement ever.. A Christian telling me I have no idea what happens after death! "So don't act like you do" Ahahahahah!
If you can say that to me, why don't the Christians figure out they are the ones who need to be told that.
It's a matter of faith. No one, not Atheists, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, or anyone else, can tell you what happens after we die. Sometimes, the only thing we can go on is faith. That is the test God gives us, according to the Bible.
This Faith is believing, and in fact acting like you know what happens after death. Even if this WASN'T so, you told my I had no idea of what happens after death. This remains an ironic thing for a Christian to say, since yes, they all have their idea of what happens after death. One quite silly idea as well.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Nouw said:
Cakes said:
Nouw said:
Jesus is real and is 'proven' to exist.
Nope, not really.
And I'm not even going to bother arguing. Instead of getting angry and worked up about it, I will ask why you think that. If you don't wish to do so, have a nice day.
[sub]Can we have one bloody thread about Christianity without assholes? Not pointing at you mate.[/sub]
I say that because there's nothing suggesting he existed. All we have is the Gospels (earliest one written about 40 years after he supposedly lived) and Romans who mention him in passing as they describe Christian beliefs (also decades later).

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
White and nerdy said:
This isn't a religious debate. Or, at least, I didn't think so. But a third of the world's population wouldn't put their faith behind -just- one book, even if that book is the bible. There have been archeological digs all across Israel, documenting proof of Jesus Christ's existence, as a historical figure. Can an archeologist prove his divinity? No, probably not. That's where faith comes in. But to say he didn't exist as a historical figure is being just as close-minded and ignorant as Atheists claim Christians to be.
Can I get a source on this?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Cakes said:
Nouw said:
Cakes said:
Nouw said:
Nope, not really.
And I'm not even going to bother arguing. Instead of getting angry and worked up about it, I will ask why you think that. If you don't wish to do so, have a nice day.
[sub]Can we have one bloody thread about Christianity without assholes? Not pointing at you mate.[/sub]
I say that because there's nothing suggesting he existed. All we have is the Gospels (earliest one written about 40 years after he supposedly lived) and Romans who mention him in passing as they describe Christian beliefs (also decades later).
You forgot to mention y'know, the Bible. And I thought there was more evidence on him, like hard evidence like scripts and such.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Nouw said:
Cakes said:
Nouw said:
Cakes said:
Nouw said:
Nope, not really.
You forgot to mention y'know, the Bible. And I thought there was more evidence on him, like hard evidence like scripts and such.
...yes, the Gospels, which were written between 70-100. I keep hearing about all this 'hard evidence', and yet no one ever responds to me when I ask about it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Cakes said:
...yes, the Gospels, which were written between 70-100. I keep hearing about all this 'hard evidence', and yet no one ever responds to me when I ask about it.
To be fair you'd expect a lot of evidence when it's about someone who millions of people respect and acknowledge the existence of. I guess I'll have to dig up some old documentaries if I care more.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Nouw said:
Cakes said:
To be fair you'd expect a lot of evidence when it's about someone who millions of people respect and acknowledge the existence of. I guess I'll have to dig up some old documentaries if I care more.
The thing is though, and this is my theory as to why I'm Agnostic (Atheist but covering my arse...):

If someone doesn't believe in God worship the Christian god then they go to hell right?

But if God is Omnibenevolent then he wants us to go to Heaven as Hell is generally seen as suffering, which an all loving figure shouldn't want us to experiance.

An easy way to make us all become Christians/make more people become 'saved' whilst retaining free-will would be to make the big J appear for a bit and prove his religiousness and therefore the existance of God. (say appear in a massive crash of thunder, walking through the air towards the Vatican from above the square during one of the Pope's addresses)

But hard evidencial proof doesn't appear today in this (or similar) form. It's either stories from the Biblical times OR special revelation to only like one person (or so they claim). I just find it harder to believe in something when the only evidence is from one book, written like 2,000 years ago.

OT: Probably immedietly convert to whichever branch of Christianity he was representing as the truest branch.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
I would hide all the crosses, or anything that even vaguely resembles two planks of wood nailed together, because I seriously doubt he wants to be reminded.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
MrJKapowey said:
If someone doesn't believe in God worship the Christian god then they go to hell right?
My Christian friends and family beg to differ. I don't know how but they certainly don't give me the idea that if you're not Christian, you'll go to hell.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Nouw said:
MrJKapowey said:
My Christian friends and family beg to differ. I don't know how but they certainly don't give me the idea that if you're not Christian, you'll go to hell.
Oh, okay. Disregard all of my post then as it was based on that assumption...

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
If Jesus was real and there was a second coming... well he'd probably start off as any kid would, to a mild family; then, being the reincarnation of Jesus, talks to God. He becomes a member of the church and starts preaching. He then starts preaching against things in the modern interpretation (and all preceding interpretations) of the Bible pissing off half of his church. He gains some followers, but the catholic church doesn't care for him.

He then proclaims he's the second coming; half his followers leave due to suspicions of wacko-ness and he now only has a few followers left. He starts preaching and performing "miracles" and slowly inspires and annoys people all over the world. Currently established religions ignore or despise him, especially the catholic church who looses members to him and still detests his preachings that contradict the Bible.

Him and his followers are ostracized for years to come until eventually Jesus dies again and comes back to life ether filled with preservatives for regular burials, crispy from a funeral pyre, or with half his organs or limbs removed from ether being a organ donor or blown up by some religious terrorist.

A lot of Catholics would apologize, some would be in disbelief, and us Atheists would be all giddy with curiosity for him to explain how exactly he did that.

Because if he really was able to come back to life, even as a Zombie, then how he did that would be pretty awesome to experiment with.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Jacco said:
I'm watching the episode of Family Guy where Peter discovers Jesus and it got me wondering- what would that actually be like?
I was thinking family guy and the midget jesus when i read your title. lol. I would have one question...

PROVE IT.

Answered by.....Penn & Teller can do that trick. :)I guess Jesus will be in Vegas.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Nouw said:
Millions of people know who Batman is too. But belief does not make something real.

For the OP? I'd ask why he never made clear which of the 42,000+ Christian denominations was real much less Christianity over any other world religion.

I'd also congratulate him on making victimhood into a religion to the point that if a Wal-mart greeter says "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", it's a "war" that oppresses Christians.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
RidetheLightning said:
What do you mean by "IF" Jesus turned out to be real Jesus "IS" real and "IS" coming back. It is accepted by the overwhelmingly majority of scholars that Jesus was an actual historical figure. After all Chuck Norris has volunteered to remain on earth after the Rapture so he can fight the Anti-Christ
That he probably existed gives credence to all that mystical bollocks?
Joseph Smith did exist, without any debate.
So mormonism is better, yeah?

This should really be in the religion and politics section.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Belaam said:
Nouw said:
To be fair you'd expect a lot of evidence when it's about someone who millions of people respect and acknowledge the existence of religiously. I guess I'll have to dig up some old documentaries if I care more.
Millions of people know who Batman is too. But belief does not make something real.
Edited for you Belaam. And Batman is a complete work of fiction from a comic-book. Yes you could argue the same for Jesus but these are two different things you're comparing here. I didn't say that he was real because 'millions of people know him.' In fact my post was made from surprise because I expected more evidence which proved the existence of Jesus when millions respect and acknowledge the existence of. My post wasn't about proving his existence, it was about how no one picked it up.