What would your settlement be called in the Fallout universe

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
After looking back over the Fallout games, and paying attention to my own neighbourhood during a walk home, I wondered what would happen to it if there was a Fallout-style apocalypse. Forgetting for a moment that many modern houses would crumble away after so many decades, I wondered what the streets I live around would be called. This is where the idea of the thread comes in. Take a look about the area where you live, imagine communication is cut off from most of the outside world, throw in many years after a natural disaster, and imagine what the place you live now might take as inspiration for its name.

If a village rose up around my estate, I think it would be called Redrow, on account of the many flags the estate agents in question have around there, bearing the name. It also sounds kind of like a Fallout settlement, so that's cool.

How about you?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Snobington

I'm in a pretty wealthy neighborhood, where people after the war might go to get their fancy on.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Brick-tripper's Towne...

Because everyone trips on these ancient, uneven bricks here in Charleston. Everyone. You see someone trip, and you give them a knowing nod.

Fallout would be awesome here. They can make post-apocalyptic pirates! Plus we have all the Civil War forts and...dolphins!

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
'Level 16+ and easy mode only'

Or 'Halo'

And not named after the game either, named after the fact that it'd be a symbol of hope in the eternal darkness surrounding it.

/rips up one man card

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
'There is no loot here I promise' would be what I would name it but if you want a less subtle name I suppose it would probably stick with the name 'Old Ranch'.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Burnley.

It's the town I live in and it already looks like a half destroyed settlement from Fallout, why change the name it won't make it any better.

Rawb0906

Dec 12, 2010
New Chapel

It wouldn't too different from Holmes Chapel (weird name I know) considering it's pretty much a small hamlet with nothing important in it

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
I live in a town called Dumfries,and it is often called Dumpfries which I think would be rather appropriate

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
Well i guess one of the differences between U.K & America is that our houses are either brick or stone, you don't get many wood houses at all so a greater proportion of ours would still be standing, the only down side being our major cities are a damn site closer together so any nuclear strike would affect the majority of built up and/or residential areas.

But i digress, i think that most would be named after the area they are in or if you have a big enough ego, after yourself!

So either Kingsway, Kirkby Crossing or Staleyville :)

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
Burnley.

It's the town I live in and it already looks like a half destroyed settlement from Fallout, why change the name it won't make it any better.
Is that Lancashire? If so i've been through it and your right :/