What would your settlement be called in the Fallout universe

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Deep Thought, we would try to collect and redistribute pre-war books and knowledge throughout the Wasteland.

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
dancinginfernal said:
Jamestown, after the first American colony founded by the British.
Don't you mean Roanoke? James was the first succesful colony but Roanoke was the first British colony in the Americas, founded by Sir Walter Raleigh himself!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Island

Ascendance

Jun 20, 2011
Abaddon, if you don't know what it means look it up. Because I live in a desert so its hot and dry, and if there were an apocalypse everything would be in ruins.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
rs2000 said:
dancinginfernal said:
Jamestown, after the first American colony founded by the British.
Don't you mean Roanoke? James was the first succesful colony but Roanoke was the first British colony in the Americas, founded by Sir Walter Raleigh himself!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Island
Yes, I meant first successful.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
rs2000 said:
Rawne1980 said:
Burnley.

It's the town I live in and it already looks like a half destroyed settlement from Fallout, why change the name it won't make it any better.
Is that Lancashire? If so i've been through it and your right :/
It is in Lancashire yes.

Just outside Blackburn not far from Manchester. Places that also resemble semi destroyed settlements from Fallout. Starting to wonder if British councils are leaving our towns to look like this so we won't be dissapointed when we do get bombed out.

"Hey folks whats the big deal, it looked worse before the bombs landed at least now you don't have to pay council tax for no apparent reason".

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
rs2000 said:
Well i guess one of the differences between U.K & America is that our houses are either brick or stone, you don't get many wood houses at all so a greater proportion of ours would still be standing, the only down side being our major cities are a damn site closer together so any nuclear strike would affect the majority of built up and/or residential areas.

But i digress, i think that most would be named after the area they are in or if you have a big enough ego, after yourself!

So either Kingsway, Kirkby Crossing or Staleyville :)
Actually, I live in a fairly modern estate, and I don't think these houses are meant to last the centuries, unfortunately.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Snootsville. Due to my borough looking very posh and filled with stingy, nosey neighbours.

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
Ash fields. As nice and peaceful as my town is, "Ashland" is a very fitting name for a fallout settlement.

Grospoliner

Feb 16, 2010
Citadel. It would consist of a massive concrete edifice reclaimed from the desert by recycling the destroyed remnants of a failed civilization utilizing pure engineering know how and hard work.

Darth Crater

Apr 4, 2010
My school (RIT) is nicknamed Brick City. That's actually a pretty good name for a Fallout settlement, so let's go with that.

navyjeff

Legacy
Dec 2, 2010
Country
United States
Rubble Canyon. I figure it would fit with the genre and the setting pretty well.