Whatcha Playin?

Freakazoid

Jul 28, 2012
I've been playing Metro: Last Light. Really brilliant environments and some awesome weapons, though it lacks challenge on normal difficulty in fights against humans. The later fights against mutants are pretty difficult and scary as shit. Especially spiders. Those chittering, sneaky basterds will fuck you up.
Story is decent too, though it's a bit light on characters. I'd recommend that you pick it up just for the atmosphere.

Also replayed a bit of Sleeping Dogs recently. The combat and driving are an absolute joy. I really hated the fact that it kind of flew under the radar when it came out. If you haven't played it, you should. Especially since you can pick it up cheap now and it has some pretty good DLC.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
At the moment, I was running Diablo II before the server booted me off and walking through Black and White with three different creatures. I also have plans to rip up music from some really old games I used to play because I think there were some noteworthy tunes from the era of the 64 which should be preserved as an archive.

No, not the N-64, the C-64.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
ATM World of tanks, Red orcherstra 2: Rising storm beta, Psychonauts, System shock 2, Richard & Alice... and a bunch of other game that I only pick up once in a while.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I'm currently playing Skyrim for the billionth time. Hopefully this time I actually finish the main storyline instead of just faffing about.

.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH who am I kidding? For hilarity I'm playing a Khajiit who DOESN'T STEAL. Well, except a trinket or two from people she doesn't like =P

I also just - as in today - started playing Bioshock: Infinite. Haven't even gotten to the raffle yet, but am enjoying the atmosphere.

spark03

May 16, 2013
I finally finished Bastion last night. I'm planning on picking up AC: New Leaf when that's released, and will probably start on Dark Souls soon since I picked that up recently. Once I'm home for the summer, I'll mainly be playing games in my PS2 RPG backlog.

thomaskattus

Dec 15, 2011
I am replaying the Knights of the Old Republic (1 & 2). Mainly because they are both really good games even if graphically they have not aged so well.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
As of right now I've been playing FTL, Torchlight II and I recently installed Need for Speed Most Wanted while I wait to go see the new F&F movie, yes I enjoy those movies I don't really give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Sakura Samurai and Mighty Switch Force for the 3DS to bide time till Thursday's release of The Oracle games

Masamune: The Demon's Blade,a really pretty 2-D action game

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
thomaskattus said:
I am replaying the Knights of the Old Republic (1 & 2). Mainly because they are both really good games even if graphically they have not aged so well.
I find that all Bioware games age poorly, technically at least. I had to turn off SLI for DA:O because it kept stuttering. I'm also glad my trusty 4:3 screen is still chugging along, else KotOR would look like shit on my 16:9.

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS, I LOVE this game. Recently beat Chapter 13 and a fuckton of Side Stories opened up. Some of them look pretty damn tough, guess I'm supposed to do them all over the rest of the games course rather than all at once. Already got Owain from Side Story 5. I'll get the rest of the kid characters that I can get now and then continue with the main story.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I recently got Red Faction Guerrilla so I've been playing the hell out of that the last few days. Also re-bought Ratchet Deadlocked and was playing that morning and night for about a week. Though I've mostly been playing Modern Warfare 3 for the last month or so.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Currently playing Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2(man all those twos!) with my online friends who I am going to visit this Friday because its always fucking awesome to visit your gamer friends and having a bit of an alcoholic time with. (We are going to get drunk btw if that wasn't already obvious).

Why am I mentioning this? Because one of the guys just bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS for me so we could hunt together once I show up. It's goin' to be feckin' sweeeeet!

WILD ICELANDIC ZIGZAGOON OUT!

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I just got introduced to Disgaea (the original on PS2) and i'm loving the bloody thing! Always liked turn based strategy but the whole silly cuteness of it has sucked me in.

Any game in which i can spend 2 hours inside a stick of chewing gum clearing out monsters and recruiting talent is wacky enough to catch my interest!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Just started Batman: Arkham City. On the one hand, I have a significant backlog of games on my Steam account that I don't always have enough free time to savor; on the other, many of them are very good games, so... I think that's a win, all things considered.

Occasionally dropping time on Don't Starve and Sanctum as well.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I've been getting back into Team Fortress 2 a bit, since I played for about an hour and found a hat so feel I've been given a sign or something. Plus I forgot how downright satisfying the act of reflecting rockets is. I do love me some Pyro.

Apart from that, I've been trying to enjoy Persona 4 Arena but getting 10 losses in a row online is disheartening whatever way you slice it. I want to blame it on Yosuke being a kinda weak character, but I know the game is mostly balanced so it's probably just me being rubbish.
I've also been playing One Piece: Pirate Warriors. I got it after I discovered and quickly grew to really like One Piece, but now basically use it as stress relief because P4A is hard and GOD DAMN MITSURU FFFUUUand Pirate Warriors is a really, really easy game. I should be put off by a lack of any challenge, but just destroying hundreds of dudes is frickin' fun. I look forward to Pirate Warriors 2 where I can destroy thousands of dudes.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
Almost finished (I think) with SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS). A really good remake of a game that originally only came out on the Japanese PSone. Waiting patiently (HAH! Who am I kidding) for SMT IV.

Zeke17

Jan 1, 2013
I'm playing this indie game I saw on youtube called Paranautical Activity. It's sort of an old school style shooter like Quake, but in a roguelike randomly generated map with voxel graphics. It's got some problems, mainly because it's still in beta, but 5.99 was a reasonable enough price. Here's a video of the gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmFltCJNCzo

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
I picked up Arkham City for my WiiU a week or so ago, and I love it. I really enjoy being able to glance down at my map, and the hacking minigame works really well with the touchpad.

I also really like the hacking because it's a great example of keeping a consistent experience across multiple forms of play. A major part of the game is finding the thing you need to do while avoiding being detected by enemies, and that's the hacking in a nutshell. It's also quick and easy and there's relatively little punishment for failure, so even if you don't enjoy it then it doesn't tarnish the experience too much. Compare that to playing Pipe Dream to hack in Bioshock, which was out of place and broke the flow.

One thing I really don't like is the blatant misogyny, and I'm not just talking about how all the female characters show off their cleavage and all the grunts shout "*****" at every opportunity. Actually I am, because it's toxic and awful. I always switch to playing as the animated designs, and that's partially because that Catwoman costume has a thing we in the business* like to call "restraint." Ooh, I should play New Game Plus as cartoon Batman. That ought to be hilarious.

I'd also like Catwoman to have more gadgets. Actually, what I REALLY want is a DLC mission where you play as Batwoman, because she is the best superhero always forever.

So yeah, Arkham City: really fun on the WiiU, but has problems.

*The business of using names for things. It's a very large industry, though not lucrative.