What's More Survivable? Choose Your Champion!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg
Aren't these 2 pretty much the same thing? They're both a species that forcibly merges with other life forms to create more of themselves, acquiring the beneficial genetic traits of those life forms in the process, and have a hive mind mentality with one much more intelligent being directing their actions (the Zerg just have more intelligent leaders).

For another similar one, throw the Borg into the mix.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Tyranids! If they're too over-powered, how about those alien things from Pitch Black?

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Had "the thing" not been an isolated incident it wouldve taken over in a second.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
Zerg, clearly. Especially when you factor in time. They're literally an endless torrent of chitinous horrors, only able to be defeated by....well:

Da Orky Man said:
I pick this guy:

So, Warhammer 40k Space Marines. Yeah, I think I did good.
You done good, Orky Man. You done good.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Out of those, Reapers due to thier organic metal bodies being hard to consume or infect.

If I could choose, than Tyranids because they can overwhelm just about anything.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
Tyranids from 40k.

Too OP?
I have to agree since they are what the zerg are based on.

As for my own idea, hellish invasion as seen in the doom series, I mean come on they're literally the most evil things possible coming from the most evil place possible and they're all extremely deadly.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
The Thing, if I assume you're speaking about the John Carpenter (and others, I know) horror film monster, not the Fantastic Four superhero.

Remember, that bastard only needs a single cell and can absorb any biomass it touches. Even the 'Nids eating it wouldn't kill the bastard.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
The Daedra, specifically with them opening oblivion gates and stuff like during the events of The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Bad Horse from Dr. Horrible's sing along blog.
"You think Bad Horse didn't practise his whinny? His terrible, death whinny?"

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg
Aren't these 2 pretty much the same thing? They're both a species that forcibly merges with other life forms to create more of themselves, acquiring the beneficial genetic traits of those life forms in the process, and have a hive mind mentality with one much more intelligent being directing their actions (the Zerg just have more intelligent leaders).
Zerg are more intelligent and organised, have gun equivalent, have flyers and interstellar transport.

Nids are like that, but scarier. At least a few eds ago, nowdays everything is ppainfully silly and OtT, instead of amusingly silly but still somewhat believable.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
The Dalek (or a single Dalek). Something a little more Lawful, since most of these seem to be quite unintelligent.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Tyranids from 40k.

Too OP?
Not too OP while the guy below you has this posting

Da Orky Man said:
I pick this guy:

So, Warhammer 40k Space Marines. Yeah, I think I did good.
Now the Necrons on the other hand. "We took heavy losses, but we finally defeated them. Oh shit they're coming back to life!!!"

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
The Thing, easily. At least with the others, you know who is who. With The Thing, you're best friend that you've known for decades might end up being a disguised Thing. You'd never know. It would consume the planet before long, and it wouldn't require mass-battles or technology to do so.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Chaos Daemons from Warhammer: 40,000