Whats on your iPod?

Pibb Omega

Feb 28, 2011
A good chunk of it is metal and classic rock. I have a lot of Daft Punk on here, there's occasionally a rap song here but not very many and mostly from Eminem. I have a lot of alternative rock like Green Day and Three Day's Grace. I have maybe 2 R&B songs on here, there's a ton of Micheal Jackson on here too. Oh, and I've got quite a bit of Elton John.

That pretty much covers it.

DKen2021

Apr 16, 2011
Every Anamanaguchi album made, some songs from Newgrounds (mostly xkore's work), a few game soundtracks, Lady Gaga's "Pokerface", and a few Queen songs. The rest of my ipod is littered with apps I barely use.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
Mostly alt rock. Anberlin, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against and Three Days Grace make up the bulk of it.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Although there's a wide variety on there the majority is classic rock, alt rock and indie

For example, my favorite bands are the Pixies, REM, the Relacements, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and Arcade Fire

There's also a liberal smattering of classic hip hop, folk, some country and soul/classic r'n'b

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
IDM/Breakcore (Datach'i, Venetian Snares, Hrvatski, Eight Frozen Modules)

Noise rock (Ni-Hao!, Ruins)

J-pop (Mayumi Kojima, Plus-Tech Squeezebox, Natsumi Kiyoura, Ali Project, the OST from Project Diva 2nd)

The most vague genre in the universe: Electronic (Aphex Twin, Black Dice, Jean-Jacques Perrey & Luke Vibert, Joujouka, Syntheme, Soundmurderer, Genki Rockets, Piana, Gutevolk)

And some bands that are very hard to classify (Synapse, Takako Minekawa, JON, Hoahio)

[sub]Also every single song from K-ON! ALL OF THEM.[/sub]

Delta437

Jan 29, 2011
Nine Inch Nails, How to Destroy Angels, Tool, Puscifer, Aberdeen City, New Regime, and Gary Numan because he's cool like that. These are my top bands more or less. NIN being my all time fav

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I have a bit of everything, but in the last few months I've noticed a significant increase in progressive metal bands on my iPod. And uh, black metal. Two genres I previously avoided, since the former had songs which went on for too bloody long, and the latter was just unpleasant. I've since changed my mind. The rest is mainly thrash metal and well, other kinds of metal, a lot of classic/prog rock, and a few soundtracks from musicals, movies, videogames and anime.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
House. Trip-Hop. Alternative.

The three most dominant genres; Trip-Hop is Gorillaz by the way.

VaudevillianVeteran said:
Name a genre and I have at least one song like that on my Ipod. I'm very open-minded.
Symphonic Power Metal?

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Nothing.

I washed my iPod the other day.

:(

But! If I had a working one, I'd be putting some Rammstein on it :)

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
For game soundtracks I have Blazblue, Mass Effect 2 and Video Games Live.

I have quite a wide range of music on my iPod. Bands include Metric, Streetlight Manifesto, Fireworks, The Wonder Years, Modest Mouse, Muse, Arcade Fire, Saves the Day and Big D and the Kids Table.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
VaudevillianVeteran said:
Name a genre and I have at least one song like that on my Ipod. I'm very open-minded.
Hmmm...

Breakcore, Darkstep, Avant-Pop, Death Jazz?
:3?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
A lot of everything. I like to listening to different stuff at different times and what not. Right now, I'm mainly listening to this:

Macabre9037

Jul 2, 2009
A lot. Alternative/Punk, which I use as a blanket term to cover what a lot of people would call indie, alternative, punk, and emo, a lot of folk and folk-influenced music, various symphonies, a good bit of pop music from various era's, a good deal of jazz, little bits of country, rap, blues and trace amounts of heavy metals.
My favorite genre is what most would generically call "indie rock"

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Mostly metal, some progressive stuff, a lot of classic rock stuff, some pop and rap, a few podcasts I listen to, some alt rock and alt metal, some industrial, and some dance. It really helps having a iPod classic.

PoisonUnagi said:
TL;DR, lots of genres. The ones I'm listening to alot of at the moment are the prog metal, IDM and industrial bands. So, Animals As Leaders, Venetian Snares and Nine Inch Nails.
You, sir, sound like you need some Periphery in your life.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
MisterGobbles said:
Mostly metal, some progressive stuff, a lot of classic rock stuff, some pop and rap, a few podcasts I listen to, some alt rock and alt metal, some industrial, and some dance. It really helps having a iPod classic.

PoisonUnagi said:
TL;DR, lots of genres. The ones I'm listening to alot of at the moment are the prog metal, IDM and industrial bands. So, Animals As Leaders, Venetian Snares and Nine Inch Nails.
You, sir, sound like you need some Periphery in your life.

You already linked me to this a few weeks back :3

It's great but I think I'll take a while to get used to the vocals. Thanks for reminding me, though, I'll take a better look now that I'm not as tired :p

zombieeater6000

Oct 1, 2010
the agony scene
Alice in chains
anti-flag
apocalyptica
big black
billy talent
black sabbath
bloodhound gang
bush
candlebox
dead boys
dead kennedys
equilibrium
foo fighters
future leaders of the world
helmet
hole
iron maiden
kittie
l7
the living end
megadeth
the melvins
the misfits
mudhoney
mudvayne
nirvana
nothingface
pearl jam
a perfect circle
the pixies
psychostick
silverchair
slayer
smashing pumpkins
sound garden
strike anywhere
system of a down
temple of a dog
violent soho
lots more would be added if i had more monies

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mostly stuff considered alternative but also a smattering of rock and metal. Only thing under Rap/Hip Hop on it is Black Eyed Peas.
The big ones (most music) is System of a Down, White Stripes, AFI, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I also have the first Star Trek movie on it, a couple of random music vids, and the making of video for RHCP's Dani California.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
Rock
Pop
Metal
Country (this is one of the rarer types on my iPod with maybe 3 songs)
80's

I can probably find 5 or six songs on my iPod of any genre except for rap. Even Green Day, Linkin Park, and Ke$ha (all featured on my iPod) are better than rap to me.