What's RIGHT with the world?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Ronarch said:
gorgeous redhaired female models that aren't skin and bones and don't look like they need to eat sandwiches.. /thread
I fixed that for you, considering only around 5 to maybe 10% of the models I have seen, look like they are healthy, if I can see ribs I'd turn a model down.

------------------

Hmm, what is right with the world. Not much, the best I can say other than gorgeous redheads, are gorgeous brunettes.

Also, my birthday was a couple days ago and I got a good bit of money for it.
*Points to your avatar*

That's what's right with the world sir, that's what's right.

Only thing that isn't right at the moment is the fact that I'll be out tonight and miss the season finale. If windows media centre decides to troll me and conks out on the recording well, things are gonna get violent.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
HerbertTheHamster said:
yoghurt. yoghurt is nice.
"Yogurt! I HATE yogurt! Even with strawberries..."

OT: My family and my two dogs. Video games like Shadow of the Colossus, Oddworld, and Final Fantasy IX. The place I work at that dedicates itself to providing food to those who are less fortunate than myself. The fact that not everyone on here is a fanboy, hater, or an elitist. And french fries. HELL YES.

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
We've developed a computer that can fit in your pocket and access a simply staggering collection of human knowledge at the drop of a hat. We've developed medicine that makes mincemeat of diseases that would have devastated communities 100 years ago. We push the boundaries of knowledge in astounding ways every day. We made chocolate cake, bacon, Doctor Who, and Freakazoid.

Feel free to add on.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Pegghead said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Hmm, what is right with the world. Not much, the best I can say other than gorgeous redheads, are gorgeous brunettes.

Also, my birthday was a couple days ago and I got a good bit of money for it.
*Points to your avatar*

That's what's right with the world sir, that's what's right.

Only thing that isn't right at the moment is the fact that I'll be out tonight and miss the season finale. If windows media centre decides to troll me and conks out on the recording well, things are gonna get violent.
Well, the finale was last Saturday, though you are probably talking about some re-airing of it.

But, I wouldn't exactly say Doctor Who is right with the world right now, because I thought this last season was atrociously bad. There were like 4 good episodes. And the River Song story line got all hosed up because they made her Amy and Rory's daughter and made up the awful idea that two humans doing it in the TARDIS makes a Time Lord baby.

Plus, I know Amy and Rory are coming back, I cringe at that thought, because for me, that are two of the worst companions in all of Doctor Who.

So ya, at the moment Steven Moffat really has to do some proper writing and brainstorming to actually bring back Doctor Who to its full potential.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
What's right with the world? I can tell my leader to go fuck himself right to his face while flipping him the bird and calling him a cock-sucking piece of rotten gorilla jizz, that's dumber than cow shit and only half as useful (I'd have more respect than that, but the fact that the option's there just makes feel all warm and fuzzy inside).

Most people put Bill O'reilly, and Bill Maher on the same level as internet trolls, so there's that. Also am I the only one that's noticed that they're basically the EXACT SAME PERSON just ones a Right-wing dipshit, and the others a Left-wing dipshit. And they look kinda of similar and I don't think anyone's ever seen them in the same room at the same time. Is there a fucked up Tyler Durden relationship going on between them?

There's no roving gangs of serial rapist clowns ANYWHERE!

I'm not locked in a ROOM WITH A MOOSE! (cookie for the reference)

Libraries are still going strong and there's even an entire week dedicated to books that have been censored and/or challenged as nice fuck you to people who wanna tell me what to read.

There ya go five things that prove that the world ain't so bad.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
Let's see...(in no particular order)
bacon
MLP:FiM
Henry Weinhard's Root Beer
gaming
kittens
perfectly ripe apples
going to the sci-fi sections of used book stores and walking out with the greatest masterpieces of the past few decades for pocket change
sleep after a long, productive day
the internet
cheap, widely available, high quality music and art (specifics of contents determined by your preference)
shiny objects
temperature-controlled buildings

Anyway, just look around, think about all the little things that make your life better. If you focus on the parts of the world that suck, yeah it looks like the world sucks, but there are a lot of other bits.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
retyopy said:
Did I spawn this thread?

Bowel Movement. The world would suck without bowel movement.
yeah you did actually, without ever knowing it.

Phlakes said:
To contrast my post in the rival thread, Doctor Who exists. That's enough for anything.
Ok, I accept that. Doctor Who is indeed awesome.

Milo Windby said:
What is right with the world?
Penny Arcade's Child Play Charity, The desert bus run for kids, Game Church (A christian church for video games...) Lewis Black, Bacon Strips, Bacon Strips, Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips........... sorry >.>
Video Games, Bacon strips... and honestly a heck of a lot more stuff.
These and many other reasons are what is right with the world. I have Faith in humanity.
(Yeah hear that you frigging drama queen "I've lost faith" ninnys!)

THANK YOU!!!!! Someone else who hasn't totally lost faith in humanity...I'm stuck in a circle of misanthropic friends in real world....ironic to some extent. Also, kudos on the Bacon Strips.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Tselis said:
EDIT: Chocolate + Bacon = WIN!!!
When done correctly, this is EPIC WIN!!!! Sadly I used the wrong kind of chocolate and now I have burned chocolate and all this bacon to eat without chocolatey goodness....at least it's still a win with Bacon....

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Fanfic_warper said:
Tselis said:
EDIT: Chocolate + Bacon = WIN!!!
When done correctly, this is EPIC WIN!!!! Sadly I used the wrong kind of chocolate and now I have burned chocolate and all this bacon to eat without chocolatey goodness....at least it's still a win with Bacon....
Ah! My heart goes out to your chocolate and bacon, oh, and you as well. Mmm, chocolate and bacon, this might require a late night run to the store ...

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
90% of all people, that's what's right with the world. The overwhelming majority of people are decent, reasonably compassionate and rational creatures.

More specific examples, though: the people who volunteer at hospitals, the people who volunteer in soup kitchens, the people working with tutoring/education programs for disadvantaged children, adults, etc, people who stop and give a few dollars to a charity organization, people who are good friends and are there when someone needs them. The list goes on and on and on.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Breasts.

Those are nice.

What?! They are. Most of them. Some of them.

Stop looking at me like that.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Bacon, Doctor Who, anime, decent people, and the fact the cake is still around.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
That this man came into this plane of existence and left us this message...

Also,

Zhukov said:
Breasts.

Those are nice.

What?! They are. Most of them. Some of them.

Stop looking at me like that.
I, for one, welcome our estrogen fueled overlords.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
chiggerwood said:
Most people put Bill O'reilly, and Bill Maher on the same level as internet trolls, so there's that. Also am I the only one that's noticed that they're basically the EXACT SAME PERSON just ones a Right-wing dipshit, and the others a Left-wing dipshit. And they look kinda of similar and I don't think anyone's ever seen them in the same room at the same time. Is there a fucked up Tyler Durden relationship going on between them?
That was totally a Family Guy episode! Except it was Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
For me, lots. Too many for me to count, I can think of more things I like about the world than things I hate about it.

Here's a small one, related to the time of year. I love Halloween, and throughout the month I'm watching tons of horror movies on netflix. To me, this is one thing to keep me going, small and utterly pointless as it may be.