What's RIGHT with the world?

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Ok so I see topics where people rip on everything from anime/manga, to Duke Nukem's latest crap game, to America's latest blunder, to historical blunders of other countries, but I can't find anywhere where people talk about what they LOVE about the world. What do you think is right with the world. The one (or many) thing(s), that keeps you going, that makes you work to get through the day?

For me it's manga, anime, jrpgs, video games (even ones I don't like I acknowledge as bringing something to the electronic media culture), Sci-fi, fantasy and Sci-fi/fantasy novels, and looking forward to the christmas holidays.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
I love how people complain about the world, such fun with picking and peeking at their thoughts.

Ronarch

May 30, 2011
gorgeous redhaired female models. /thread

On a more serious note, that there are actually hard working people with respect towards the authority.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I think the fact that the world is no longer as divided or excluded to certain people as it once was is a good thing. I mean let's face it, 60 years ago:

*You're a young woman that isn't married by the time you're 30. You're fucked

*You're a white guy that wants to marry a black girl. You're fucked

*You're a guy attracted to other guys...words cannot described the amount of fucked that you currently are

So on so forth. Sure a negative side effect might be that you can pick up Mcdonalds whether you're in Manly (New South Wales...look it up) or Moscow, but the very fact that an Aussie like me could book on my magic internet box to be on a flying machine tonight that could land me in that red square to pick up that Big Mac in the first place is fantastic in-of-itself.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I love how rewarding it feels to work out. I love how it improves you in just about every way, even in non-working out situations. I like being able to walk faster (or run without sweating) to get from place to place more quickly, or not having to worry as much about getting sick or injured. The rush that comes with an increased heart rate, whether it's from an intense sprinting session, or even just a quick set of plyometric jumps, feels pretty damn good.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Did I spawn this thread?

Bowel Movement. The world would suck without bowel movement.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
The internet. Eric Blair feared something like it would enslave mankind. Instead it turned into the most innovative and available resource of all time.

There are a lot of people all around the world who are working as hard as they can to make the world a better place. Pay attention to those people; they get it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
To contrast my post in the rival thread, Doctor Who exists. That's enough for anything.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Pegghead said:
I think the fact that the world is no longer as divided or excluded to certain people as it once was is a good thing. I mean let's face it, 60 years ago:

*You're a young woman that isn't married by the time you're 30. You're fucked

*You're a white guy that wants to marry a black girl. You're fucked

*You're a guy attracted to other guys...words cannot described the amount of fucked that you currently are

So on so forth. Sure a negative side effect might be that you can pick up Mcdonalds whether you're in Manly (New South Wales...look it up) or Moscow, but the very fact that an Aussie like me could book on my magic internet box to be on a flying machine tonight that could land me in that red square to pick up that Big Mac in the first place is fantastic in-of-itself.
Shh! You're reminding us that reality isn't as bad as it really is! What the hell will we complain about? We're a society of cynics you know...

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
What is right with the world?
Penny Arcade's Child Play Charity, The desert bus run for kids, Game Church (A christian church for video games...) Lewis Black, Bacon Strips, Bacon Strips, Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips,Bacon Strips........... sorry >.>
Video Games, Bacon strips... and honestly a heck of a lot more stuff.
These and many other reasons are what is right with the world. I have Faith in humanity.
(Yeah hear that you frigging drama queen "I've lost faith" ninnys!)

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Ronarch said:
gorgeous redhaired female models that aren't skin and bones and don't look like they need to eat sandwiches.. /thread
I fixed that for you, considering only around 5 to maybe 10% of the models I have seen, look like they are healthy, if I can see ribs I'd turn a model down.

------------------

Hmm, what is right with the world. Not much, the best I can say other than gorgeous redheads, are gorgeous brunettes.

Also, my birthday was a couple days ago and I got a good bit of money for it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm not a member of any disenfranchised group. Everything is fine for me, and so nothing should be changed.

And/or continuing social and technological progress, or at least where I live.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
chaosyoshimage said:
Pegghead said:
Shh! You're reminding us that reality isn't as bad as it really is! What the hell will we complain about? We're a society of cynics you know...
Perhaps. While I don't like speaking as a nation, I can unabashedly say that every single person on the continent of Australia does not complain. We simply drown our problems in weet-bix.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well the Brewers beat the Douche-Backs.

And its always good to watch them, the cards (arizona, though I wont lie, i dont care for the st louis ones either), and the coyotes* get their asses spanked.

*and with them only cause the idea of a hockey team in a desert state is always hilarious and you know that once they stop making post season they're getting shipped north (and hopefully east to hartford).**

**though the Panthers may have them beat, the way they're just collapsing like a bunch of bitches. Though it would be really funny if the Senators had to close shop and leave, especially if they had to leave the country (though god knows no Canadian team [much less an original six member] should fall apart without MASSIVE effort from the NHL that is just frankly rather shameful when compared to the effort they put into US teams staying where they are).***

***But then again the curse makes up for it.