Whats the coolest/ most badass thing your city/ town has ever done?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Well... the SuperMarine Spitfire was designed here.
Also the birthplace of the Hovercraft.
I suppose those are pretty good.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I just saw some bullet holes in street signs while descending from the nearby mountain..Fuck Yeah!
Also it was the home of Pericles, most bad-ass politician ever. Also my hometowns name took its name from the disease he suffered from; Cholera ;O

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
Pretty Boy Floyd ( a famous US bank robber in the 20's and 30's) was killed by the police/FBI about a mile from my house.

WoUlD_yOu_KiNdLy

Mar 4, 2009
i live in the ass end of england so nothing interesting ever happens here. but every year we have a pram race around the town in which everyone get dressed up then pushes a pram around to like 30 different pubs. at each pub you have a drink..... first one to make it back wins. alot dont make it back though.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA. I really can't pick one, 'coz there are a few.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have won six Super Bowls, for one. Bumloads of movies have been filmed here, like Robocop, Night of the Living Dead, and Adventureland. We also kick started the steel industry, hence Steel City.

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
My Town is incredibly small, so I'll use my country, still incredibly small...
Surviving more bombs in WW 2 than both Germany and England combined.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
whiskey rock n said:
For me, a Belfast resident, it has to be building the Titanic. Ok it was a complete failure, but it was the goddam Titanic, it will go down (no pun intended) as the most famous ship ever built.

I have a few others but I'd like to hear yours first.
Hmm... Belfast being my hometown I could probably get away with that aswell.

To a Belfast resident I live in "farmerland" so nothing interesting up here :p

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
sooperman said:
Pittsburgh, PA. I really can't pick one, 'coz there are a few.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have won six Super Bowls, for one. Bumloads of movies have been filmed here, like Robocop, Night of the Living Dead, and Adventureland. We also kick started the steel industry, hence Steel City.
I agree, Pittsburgh has a lot of awesome stuff about!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The only big thing that ever happened in my town (at least, that I know of), was that M. Night Shamalayan's film "Signs" was (partially) filmed in the town itself.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Well I grew up in Portland, Oregon. Matt Groening the creator of The Simpsons is from here and a lot of the characters are named after streets in Portland.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Um... Well we have a big new stadium thingy for the world cuppamabob.

We had the anglo-boer war around where I live.

As you can tell, I'm not coming up with much

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Well, where I live in Scotland, is Renton, and we have won the world cup, techinically

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renton_F.C.

If you scroll down to World Cup Winners you will see:)

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
x0ny said:
We have the Roman Baths (Romans=awesome).
As does my hometown. What's yours? (PS Mines Bath)

My second real City is Singapore. It's just badass. 100% pure badass. Just...google it (Yes I lived there for 12 years...there is some Nationalism). And now I'm in Aix-En-Provence. Which is in the South of France, really nice looking, and my hometowns sister city.