What's the meaning of your username?

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
The fact that I pushed burning hot coals into my eyes so that I may see beyond sight.

I think it's lyrics from some heavy metal song.

PLightstar

Aug 23, 2011
Taken from an old cartoon called Skeleton Warriors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeleton_Warriors

Loved watching it as a kid and thought Prince Lightstar was a great name for my Internet self, but it soon got shortened to PLightstar as many games and sites wouldn't allow such a long name.

Its great because no one else has the name.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I am both unaware of where I currently reside and am a mythological creature with a lion's bum and an eagle's head.

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
Character I thought of if he/she/it's had a user name. Which if shorten would be IA the backwards version of his/her/it's personality.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
Mine's from my favorite game, tales of symphonia. Ironically my other handle, Shinimasu, has a much more amusing story behind it.

I took japanese in my freshman year of highschool. The class had to do a speaking exercise where we picked an illness from a list the teacher had given us and then act out a little skit in front of everyone where we told a classmate what illness we had, they would ask if we were ok, and we'd respond in the positive or negative (yes I'm fine/no I'm not fine).

Looking through the list of illnesses I noticed our teacher had included death (shinimasu) as one of the possible things we could be afflicted with. So not one to pass up an opportunity to be a smartass in front of the entire class me and my partner structured our skit around the death option and it went something like this:

Him: Hello, you don't look well, what happened?
Me: I died in a car accident yesterday.
Him: O-oh. Are you ok? (this was a mandatory line required by the teacher)
Me: Of course not dumbass, I'm a ghost!

I'd only thought it was a mildly funny joke but apparently the teacher thought it was hilarious because she had to take a minute to stop laughing before the next pair could go. I've forgotten most of the japanese I learned, it's been several years, but that one word is probably going to stick with me for life.

axil56

Jul 9, 2012
just some random word I made up... or thought I did until some guy I was playing starcraft with told me it was Spanish for armpit

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Mine is my first name, and the first letter of my last name, then repeated, because "chada" wasn't long enough for Runescape way back in 2004 and I am in no way original.

Chadachada was my preferred username for awhile, until I tried to sign up for Xbox Live around 2006 or so and found it already taken. So I tacked 123 on the end, and called it good. And now it's my username for the vast majority of sites.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Holy Hand Grenade in Latin. (or at least thats what my Latin teacher told me in the 6th grade)

In latin "Sacrem" means holy and "Pyrobolum" means grenade (well technically it means fireball but it was the closest thing)

And I couldn't fit "Manus" which means hand because it would be too long.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Raine_sage said:
Mine's from my favorite game, tales of symphonia.

-snip-
DAT GAME

Also sweet story.

SacremPyrobolum said:
Holy Hand Grenade in Latin. (or at least thats what my Latin teacher told me in the 6th grade)

In latin "Sacrem" means holy and "Pyrobolum" means grenade (well technically it means fireball but it was the closest thing)

And I couldn't fit "Manus" which means hand because it would be too long.
That's amazing. I am now gonna use that every time I play worms.

Mine is a translation of my middle name (Patiño) meaning little duck. Originally I didn't want to divorce myself from who I was online, so I tried to refer to myself as John Carter (first and last name) but that's a pretty dam common name. My full name (John Christopher John Patiño Carter (no typo)) too dam long and was frankly stupid so that was out the window.

So in the end I went with little duck as not many sites had it used, which later on evolved into mrlittleduck as again lack of divorcing, wanted to identify myself a bit more by showing gender. I now go as mrlittleduck and can be found on pretty much the everything by that alias (save for this site and tumblr where a guy from mexico nicked it and proceeded to do nothing with it though if you type in mrlittleduck, you only get me).

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Assassin - I dunno, seemed cool at the time.
Xaero - Was going to go with "Zero", but I was really into Quake III Arena at the time.

Thought of it when I was 13... holy shit that was 9 years ago... and well, it just kinda stuck.

Now, I use Iconoclast XVII on Steam and whatever else. Iconoclast seemed fitting for how I view certain things in the world. XVII? I dunno, I just liked the way it looked.

ZLAY

Jul 31, 2011
Mine is the name of a band that appears in my favorite manga...
Also it sounds awesome.

HyRock

Jun 14, 2010
Mine comes from my last name which is Kõrgekivi it translates to Kõrge-High Kivi-Rock.. And I shortened it to HyRock (cuz it just looks and sounds cool) And like many before me have said, this is my default username in everything game related..

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
My name is Tanner and people say that my voice and facial expressions are neutral, so there's the mono tone part.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
When I was starting the WoW 15 day trial, and me and my bro sharing an account. He made a Night Elf hunter, whom he named Paratuel, after a combination of his name (Patrick) and Zeratuel, his favorite Starcraft. Yes, he knows he misspelled it.
I wanted to follow in his footseps like the little brother I am, so I combined my name (Alex) with Tassadar, to make Alssadar.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Needed a username for PS3 network and my real name was taken.
Randomly selected "Kickassfrog"
And I never looked back.

Until I got fed up of being repeatedly banned from things because my username apparently contains "Profanities", so now I'm "Imperfectalien"
Also totally randomly selected

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Bolwing is an insane gibbering beggar in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's expansion - Shivering Isles. The username wasn't taken when I used it for the first time (on TESNexus) and I just stick with it.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
My story is mildly embarrassing, but Eli is a shortened version of my name, and Lupe was a type of Neopet that was pretty much just a dog. Back when I played Neopets and made the username, that was my favorite type, so I took that, since I never have to add any numbers to the end and it's nice and simple.