What's the meaning of your username?

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is from when I played a lot of Adventure quest. I combined my name with Zard, it also has the added awesomeness of Charizard.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Grach is both the name of a russian pistol and the romanization of Грач. It means rook, a corvid. A bird of my favourite family of birds.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
I signed up for this game called S4 and tried to think of some orignal and weird cyber name that didn't involve numbers or unnecessarily placed X's or l's. I wanted it to match me personally and thought to myself ,"Chaotic," and that led to ,"Hectic," than I was just like,"Hectix". And that became my name in that game and another user name to most of my accounts. The '777' at the end is just for luck.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009

I've also bounced between several other usernames from characters in unfinished novels (an anagram of my name, Nizaris [which comes from Nizari, Islamic sect, who can be tied to the Hassassins of Alamut], or two others without extra meanings)

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Pretty sure this is the oldest thread on the Internet; I've lost track of the number of fora I've been on where this is a standard question.

Anyway. It's the name of the GELF tribe from Series 6, Episode 4 (Emohawk: Polymorph II) of Red Dwarf. Yeah, the one Lister married into.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Gale is the name of a character I use to draw when I was back in Middle School and High School and I spent the boring parts of class doodling. Unfortunately the name "Gale" gets taken up quite fast in forums and games so if I can't get that then I go with a variation. Usually Frozen Gale / Frozengale. Mainly I go with that one because if people don't think of it as a name then they will at least think of it as some kind of cold harsh storm. Also I just really like ice so Frozen was derivative of that.

The most horrible thing about going by Gale in games and forums these days is that everyone now thinks it's a reference to the Hunger Games. Even though I like those books I will forever curse them for making my name main stream. And even worse then that is I used to go by the name Twilightgale on some forums. Twilight is one of my favorite times of day, but then Stephanie Meyer happened. So now my YouTube account seems to be referencing two different tween books when really I made up the name before either of them existed.

Mistilteinn

Jul 14, 2012
I originally used Mysteltain as a user name, which was the name of this pretty badass looking weapon in Ragnarok Online (it was basically a black seven-branched sword) and because I thought its description was cool. It was something along the lines of: "This cursed sword slew Baldur, the god of light. It grants the wielder-" some effect that I can't remember. Strangely enough, I never played any class that could use the weapon. But then again, I've always enjoyed collecting rare items, and to get the sword you had to go through a quest to access the quest for it, which required a crap ton of materials to make. No way I could resist that sort of timesink!

Anyway, it wasn't until later that I finally did some research and found out the proper spelling for it--or at least one of the English variations on it--which is what I'm using here. At that same time I kinda figured out that it essentially means 'mistletoe', and I kinda had one of those, "Oh...it sounds a lot less cool..." moments. Still, I'm a big fan of Norse mythology, and I like the story behind it (which is basically how Ragnarok began).

Serfix

Jun 16, 2010
I just came up with this Serfix around year after WoW was released. Reason was that I wanted somewhat unique name that started S and then I started to form it in my head what sounded good. And this user has served me well since there haven't been a place that I has this username in use (if there is Serfix in some place as username there is high possibility it's me).

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
The Prince of Shapeir is one of the titles the protagonist of the Quest for Glory games earns through his career, and the name by which he is probably best known. And the Quest for Glory games are among my favorite games of all time.

Euskalduna

Oct 15, 2011
Mine is Basque for "Basque person", which so far I have not encountered another of my kind around 'ere.

I should mention that I am not actually Basque (I'm a Cockney), rather I was raised in the Basque Country, which is located in the north of Spain, so there you have it.

Feb 24, 2011
my actual username is deamento but i created my account with facebook and.. yee...
anyway
deamento is taken from dr demento, a radio broadcaster with a pimpin tophat
i don't really know much about the guy but i just liked the name

corneth

Apr 19, 2011
I believe it started as an inside joke when I was in middle school about attaching the -eth suffix on to everything, including nouns, and acting like we were speaking legit middle English. Then, when I seventh grade the DJ at my school's Halloween dance's last name was "Corneth", so I went with that. Jeez, that's so stupid

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
axil56 said:
just some random word I made up... or thought I did until some guy I was playing starcraft with told me it was Spanish for armpit
you should try 'cul' or 'culo' to really get the spanish speaking peoples on your side.
Please forgive the lack of capital letters, I couldn't be bothered.

Yes I know I did in that last sentence.