Whats the most expensive thing you've ever won?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
What is the most expensive thing you've ever won. It could be from a lottery, or an internet competition or something else.

My one would be the year the ds lite came out. I was on holiday and we went to this crappy seaside arcade (not the good kind), I decided to have a go on this machine called Stacker. The machine was basically you had to time the stopping of a row of blocks so that it would make a tower with the blocks below. There was two kinds of prizes, a minor prize which were just keyrings and such and the major prizes which included Ipods, cameras and a ds lite. Well, on my first try, I got right up to the top and won the major prize, I decided to choose the ds lite. So basically I got a brand new DS lite for only 1 euro (I was in Spain).

[EDIT] Just remembered that I won about 100 quid by betting on the grand national once.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Well, at the time it was quite expensive, I guess: Years back, I won a Gameboy Colour with Super Mario Bros. DX. I also won other things occasionally, though I'm honestly not sure if more expensive ones were among them.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal...

as for me, I've won a pair of soccer-game tickets once (juventus vs macabi tel-aviv... wasnt an official game I think)...
it was pretty fun, but I'm not the biggest soccer fan...

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
Sadly the most expensive thing I've won is a $20 gift card. Forgot to where. I have horrible luck ._.;

Ultra Man30

Nov 20, 2009
Well I've won Stacker 4 times so far. In total, that machine has given me a Gameboy Advance SP, a DS Lite, a Portable DVD Player with LCD screen, and a DSI. So yeah, I would say I got a pretty good haul.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Three years ago, some mates and I won a 32in HDTV at a pub quiz.
About 18 months ago I submitted a review to GAME's website and won a copy of Bad Company 2.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Ultra Man30 said:
Well I've won Stacker 4 times so far. In total, that machine has given me a Gameboy Advance SP, a DS Lite, a Portable DVD Player with LCD screen, and a DSI. So yeah, I would say I got a pretty good haul.
Wow, that's amazing! Now my ds lite seems like a crappy win compared to what you won!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
CrashBang said:
Three years ago, some mates and I won a 32in HDTV at a pub quiz.
About 18 months ago I submitted a review to GAME's website and won a copy of Bad Company 2.
That must be one good pub. The ones i've seen only give out a bottle of wine!

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
£15 x 3 or 4 WHS vouchers to be spent on books and school equipment...

(walks away ashamed)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I won a $100 video card at a small lan tournament once. :3

12GaugeLobotomy

Apr 3, 2011
I once won a copy of crackdown in a radio station phone-in competition. I may or may not have been the sole entrant :/

Ultra Man30

Nov 20, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Ultra Man30 said:
Wow, that's amazing! Now my ds lite seems like a crappy win compared to what you won!
Well really it seems like I can only win Stacker once a year, so it took four years to get all that. Plus the DVD Player broke after a couple of months.

Xelt

May 11, 2008
Farcry 2 and a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX back when both had just come out.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
same machine
won a keyring
a MLP stuffed animal *rainbow dash yay*
a 360 with kinect
cost me about 12 dollers

360 broke 2 months later boo
I have the rainbowdash stuffed animal to this day yay

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
A laptop from my university. It helped that it was only me and one other person who actually entered, and she got £50.