What's the most violent thing you've seen happen in person?

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I don't think I've seen anything as scary as most other stuff in this thread . . .

I did see my two pet rabbits get mauled by the neighbours dogs though, a few years ago. That wasn't too nice, to say the least. And then later I picked up the bodies and tossed them in the garbage.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Back in school, one student stabbed another student in the neck with an exacto-knife.

Luckily, those are the stubbiest little "weapons" I know of, and the attacker somehow managed to miss anything important. The victim survived and lived happily ever after.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
ace_of_something said:
I've seen a man tear open his own calf muscle with his bare hands (he had really long nails) and start pulling pieces out.
*cringes* That sounds very unpleasant @_@

I can't think of any particularly violent things I've seen IRL. Maybe some will come to me in a bit.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
When i was twelve, starting 7th grade, I witnessed a nasty car crash. Luckily, the driver survived.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I've witnessed two car crashed in my life, both instances should have ended with people dying but no one did.

The first was on my birthday a few years back and I saw a guy fly off his motorcycle over the car he collided with outside the restaurant I was eating at. Miraculously he survived and was able to stand up after the accident. Even without wearing a helmet.

The second involved a jeep somehow flipped over (I didn't actually see how it did) with a family inside. They were all alive, but the father was seriously bloodied up, had it pouring down his face.

Nerdygamer89

Dec 21, 2009
believer258 said:
How and why did that first thing happen? The guy tearing open his own calf and then pulling pieces out? Yuck, I've got a vivid imagination and can stand most gory images, but that one's got to me for some reason... I'm just wondering why and how.
PCP would be my guess.

http://www.detox-narconon.org/pcp-effects.html

TheFloBros

Aug 18, 2010
I saw a young woman attempting to commit suicide jump off a bridge into the road I was driving on, she jumped into head on traffic so if the fall didn't kill her, the cars would. If I hadn't slammed my brakes I would have hit her and never lived it down. Unfortunately she did succeed in committing suicide.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Icaruss said:
Kadoodle said:
Shit, people at the escapist see some nasty shit...

Also, since its related, has anyone seen this? (video at bottom of page)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379691/Transgender-girl-beaten-seizure-McDonalds-attack-victim-hate-crime.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

They beat her until she had a seizure. I found this yesterday, just depressing.
fucking hell ..why?
Because people are shit.

I haven't seen much, but I have seen a kid thrown through a window at my cafeteria. Nothing too bad, he was wearing a leather jacket, so no cuts, but pretty surprising.

Generalzdave

Oct 4, 2010
I saw about 15 fights in middle school, and so far, four in high school. These were on school grounds. They were all fights between two skinny dudes or fat chicks punching each other in the chest, or *****-slapping each other and tugging hair. The principal and every student with a cell phone camera would rush in and either watch or authoritatively grab shoulders.

However, a month ago when it was getting warm here, I was with my little brother, my friend, and my friend's little brother. We were playing football in the park. My friend and I were on one team, my brother and his were on the other. My friend's brother had a sports injury in his elbow, but allowed tackling. So he cried and cried because it hurt when my friend tackled him. He threw some harsh language, and the next thing I knew my friend dropped him with a sucker punch. He then began kicking him in the face, side, arms, and stomach. My brother and I had to pull him off and hold him against a tree. Pretty tame, but very shocking.

EDIT: I haven't actually seen this, but my friend had the scar to prove that he and four other kids were stabbed in the arm with a needle by the middle school bully. He looked like Mr. T at 11. Same kid, before then, took me by the back of the head and slammed my face into the corner of a rectangular pillar, and laughed as the blood poored from my mouth. No scar, miraculously, and I still have my yellow teeth.

liquidangry

Feb 18, 2011
Saw a guy get shot (i guess technically the aftermath) at a college party just barely off campus. I imagine it would have been portrayed as another school shooting incident if it happened on the actual campus and not the apartment complex adjacent to it. Lemme tell you this though -- Seeing a flash in the middle of the night followed by a crowd of people stampeding past you yelling, "GUN GUN GUN!" is not a fun sight.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
StBishop said:
Decapitation in a traffic collision. :(

/thread.
I can one up that.

I was talking to my friend who works as a train guard and I saw some construction workers working in the train station doing wiring. One of them fell down from their platform thing, got their neck caught in the wires and got smashed by a train.

His head and neck were still caught in the thick-ass wiring, but his body was all messed up on the floor.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
believer258 said:
ace_of_something said:
Brawndo said:
It doesn't have to be violence by one person against another, it could also be between animals or some kind of accident.
I've seen a man tear open his own calf muscle with his bare hands (he had really long nails) and start pulling pieces out.

Ummm saw one guy grab another by the dreadlocks and smash his eye socket open by slamming his head into a steel table over and over.

Once I saw a German Shepard and a guy get in a tussle. Somehow the guy's scrotum ripped open. (The dog had his arm so i'm still not sure how that happened exactly)

I've seen a man jump and hit the ground face first from about 14 feet in the air he lived and could still walk.

I've seen a few people get shot.
I've seen a man die when a .38 caliber bullet hit him in his common carotid artery.

I once had a hunting knife go thru my forearm. (Took me many years to heal and get my career back where it was when that happened.)

Real violence sucks.

FYI: Worked in a jail previously. I am a currently a cop.

edit: the knife thing happened while i was off duty.
How and why did that first thing happen? The guy tearing open his own calf and then pulling pieces out? Yuck, I've got a vivid imagination and can stand most gory images, but that one's got to me for some reason... I'm just wondering why and how.
He ingested a lot of drugs. He actually thought the pieces were... ya know what i'm gonna stop there. Theres more to it but I don't want to mentally scar everyone on here.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
I haven't seen a lot of violence, mostly school fights, busted lips and cutter injures, I mostly see the aftermath. My sister once saw her former classmates mutilated by a crash accident, they were doing 200 km in a suburban road, and this got me pissed because everybody started talking about them like if they were angel, they were drunk pricks who didn't wear seat belts ( one did, the only "complete" one) they got what they look for

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Kalabrikan said:
One time in 7th grade, these two guys were in a heated verbal argument, when suddenly one grabbed a pencil and attempted to stab him. He missed, but the pencil entered a girl's eye socket.
I read this and cringed at the thought :O

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The most violent aftermath I've ever seen was my friend Tim. He used to be in a gang in California for a while, and was high ranking I guess. He's got bullet holes and scars that could give a man nightmares. But the worst is something I'll never understand. Some rival gang members caught up with him and instead of killing him, they decided to cut off his tattoo that signified he was in a gang (it was on his right shoulder blade). Cut all the way to where its pretty much muscle. So he got that tattoo re-tattooed on to the layer where it was cut off. Then he went out, found the three guys that did it, cut THEIR tattoos and then had them sewn onto him.

The most violent thing I've ever been apart of, I opened a kid's face. He and I got into a fight, and it was just goo old fashioned street fighting till the other person doesnt get back up. So it went on for a few hours (neither of us wanted to stop, and it was all bare knuckles), before he had the bright idea to put a ring on each finger. So i pulled out my key ring and got ready, and the first chance he went in on me, I opened up a way to center and just sliced the guy open. From the left side of his jaw to right above his eye there's a long scar. His cheek needed reconstruction, his right eye is cut open to the point where it needed stitches to not fall out. His forehead needed a plate cause the bone was crushed in, and he lost more then a few teeth. When he decided not to stop, I ended up opening his lower body. That was quite a visit to ER.

The most violent thing I ever witnessed was my friend Tom get his Legs cut off by a train. IT was... an experience.