What's the story behind your username?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I wanted a username that I could use in various places. I love Yu-Gi-Oh! with the Red Eyes Black Dragon being my favorite monster as a kid. And video games are my main hobby.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Auninteligentname said:
I wished to have a secret name on the escapist, a name which I had nowhere else, so I thought for a few minutes and this name came to mind...
lol your name causes my grammar nazi tendencies to flare up >:D

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
An episode of spongebob when he tries to cheer up Squidward because he was down about working in a fast food restraunt.

Seriously at the end of the day, no matter what you do, making one person smile is enough :L

silent299

Mar 29, 2011
About 10 years ago when I first started playing online games (Medal of Honor: Allied Assault) I wanted to use the name "Silent Scope" but with a clan tag added to it, it became too long for some games, and since everyone I played with just called me "Silent" for short, I just adopted that name and have kept it ever since. The number 299 was just a random number I added to it.

NormalityImpaired

Jun 12, 2011
mine just suits my personality, but its origins spawned from the movie adaptation of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. "Normality has been restored", i think that's what was said, been a while.

Griff Morivan

Mar 7, 2011
When I was fifteen, I decided that my father should not be my namesake. So I chose a name from a book, Griffen, and said everyone must forever call me this now. I just made Morivan up.

And now my real name is Griff Morivan.

Suck on that, internet.

-edited, because I don't want to sound like a JRPG hero-

Shadow_Kid

Jan 5, 2009
As a kid I used to be very good at finding short-cuts, so I would sneak away from the group. Then get to where I knew everyone was going. Sit on a bench or something, and wait untill they reconized me. It scared the shit out of people :)

That's how i got the name shadow kid or shadowboy

aslo shadowcat is my favorite x-men

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
When I showed interest in Everquest about 7 years ago, my dad let me make my character as an alt on one of his 2 accounts. Was completely stuck on the "choose your name" screen so he changed one letter of his username and Zarthek was born, been using it for everything ever since.

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
Simple. It was part of my Kingdom Hearts fancharacter's backstory, she was supposed to be Organization XIII's number XIV. I watered it down and used it for my Deviantart and FF name, then turned around years later and used it for Escapist.

...I brutally murdered my fancharacter shortly after. Why? Because 358/2 came out and crushed my childhood with a little thing called Xion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Dragonborne88 said:
My whole username refers to my Chinese Zodiac sign. Born in the year of the dragon, 1988. I've got kind of a dragon fascination anyway, so it works on multiple counts.
Chinese Zodiac threw me off somewhat. I too was born in 1988 so for many years I assumed I was a Dragon. My overall personality however, wasn't very dragon-like and I eventually found that I was born on 1988 before Chinese New Year. It was still the year of the Hare (or Cat). A Fire-Hare to be specific. The listed personality traits for hare sync up better with me than those of the Dragon.

---

I am Shoggoth 2588. I am a fan of the Lovecraftian horrors known as Shoggoths which are faceless, formless monstrosities from beyond the veil of space and time. Seems like something worth aspiring to! The rest is my date of birth.

Raskolnikov34

Jun 10, 2011
My is from Crime and Punishment by the Fyodor Dostoevsky...The main character in the book is named Rodion Romanivich Raskolnikov, but he's referred to as just Raskolnikov most of the time.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
While playing Metal Gear Solid 4 I discovered that Akiba went from a total nerd into a total bad ass and that gained him some major respect points in my book. So decided to make his name my username and throw my last name on it. But recently I discovered that Akiba is also short for Akihabara and its definition is "males that are known for their strong interest in "fantasy worlds...anime, manga, and games". This sorta describes my interests such as the anime, manga, games and none of the other slightly more strange/wierd things.

MADrevilution

Nov 2, 2010
when i started a *Very bad* youtube account a few years ago i just decided to use this name for no reason...well the revolution part is from what the Wii was originally going to be called, as for MAD, think i just pulled that out of no where...but i used to have very bad problems with spelling, so i spelt revolution wrong...ive had so many chances to change that in all the sites i've signed up to since but i havnt...guess the misspelling just stuck with me all these years.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
Dragonborne88 said:
My whole username refers to my Chinese Zodiac sign. Born in the year of the dragon, 1988. I've got kind of a dragon fascination anyway, so it works on multiple counts.
And here's me thinking it was some Skyrim reference :l

Mine is just the name of an album.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
Mine was my RuneScape username...
I still use my RuneScape name all the time. Anything online except the Escapist and blogs, actually. Endon40, still alive and kicking. I've even ported my character to non-online games, and created a big ol' fiction for him with my girlfriend, who's Runescape character also appears in the fiction.

My forum and blog username, TheAceTheOne

Came from: A song in Crackdown called "The Ace, The Only". I didn't like the song, but the title was cool. I changed it to "TheAceTheOne" because "TheAceTheOnly" was taken.