What's the story behind your username?

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
Wanted a account name for Star Wars Battlefront 2. Was thinking of Jedis, Slasher didn't work I used the age old method of add an X, that worked and now SlasherX is my name for everything. Except Steam. On Steam I'm Criminal Scum.

Cavehybrid

Mar 29, 2011
the cave comes from the variation moving from a xbox gamer tag to a minecraft account and the hybrid is a long standing word used in many of my gamer tags and user names because i have a H, Y and D in my real name and like how the Y is used for and I sound in the word Hybrid. Plus I am a hyrbid, mixture of my mum's and dad's genes so yeh thats cool.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Mine is based on my love of all things flying and my wish that I also had wings and could fly.

I chose this specific name based on the greek myth of Icarus and the song 'Icarus' from a band I love, Mar.

The reason I decided to have it spelt differently was so I could use it as my alias on lots of different webites and games since 'Icarus' is used a lot.

The sad thing is I will soon have to drop it in favor of a new username as this one one turned up 0 results in Google and it is now beginning to turn up more and more with a lot of them not being me. Thieves

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
At the time i made this username, I was listening to the "trololo song (I Am Glad, Cause I'm Finally Returning Back Home)" for some reason, also i find myself listening to punk rock alot... i know, amazing story

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I like Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link. A lot. Fans kind of shit on it a lot, so I try to embrace works of art that I feel are under appreciated.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
I think it was when I was playing ME2, and "Mass" was sort of the reference point. I am a geek, a big geek, a massive geek.

Yeah. That's about it.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
When I bought my Xbox, I made an XBL account but my STEAM name and PSN name were both taken, so I went with something stupid and German. I have since sold that steaming pile of shit since, but I also made my Escapist forum account during that brief 2 month period and decided it wasn't half bad in the first place.

schmoke

Jan 14, 2009
Play on my last name, Schmoker. just took off the r. and I'm tired of everyone thinking it means i smoke, cuase I don't.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
WafflesandBacon said:
The days I signed up for my Escapist account, I went with my Dad to a small family owned waffle shack. I ordered the 'Bacon Waffles', waffles with bacon baked inside, a was shocked how simple and yet delicious the concept was. Later in the day I actually checked Escapist, 'Bacon Waffles' still on the brain, and attempted to make an account. I went 'WafflesandBacon593', the numbers being random of course, and the rest was history.
^^ my god, how have I never experienced this before?

So yeah, my name was literally randomly generated. It was six years ago, and my domestic partner was the kind of person to go through obsessive phases. for a while, it would fantasy, then it would be Star Trek, then cyber punk, which lead into an obsession with circuits for some reason, and that lead into an obsession with 90's style hacker-pop, most notably, the movie Hackers. So, while in the throes of obsession, he stumbled onto a random hacker handle generator. I can't remember his, but my name produced "Liquid Paradox". I really liked it, because it was somewhat unique, and didn't feel cheap or silly. I have used it for everything ever since.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
I couldn't think of a name that wasn't stupid, and I had watched Star Wars earlier that day, so that's how my name came about.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
It started as "Ice Car" which is a name I've held for a long time, but I got tired of it and added Azure to the end of it because it sounded cool I guess. I don't know why I changed it to that...

Ice Car is what a move in Blazblue was nicknamed.

BAMBI-JJ

Nov 16, 2010
my user name is two parts the first part (Bambi) was a nick name i got given when i moved to a new school and the group of friends i joined there all ready had a Jason so the called me Bambi to avoid confusion, the second part (JJ)came from me being the second gen of Jason in my family e.g Jason Junior

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
This name started on Megatokyo when i was in the 6th grade and, for some stupid reason, thought leet speak was cool and there were very few black people online.

At this point, the only reason I keep this name is because i haven't come up with a better one.

...so anyone have ideas for names that don't suck I could use?

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
My username comes from my old childhood horse, Snowfire (a thorough-bred Appaloosa who was white with black spots). He passed away quite a few years ago, but that username has worked for me for every single website I sign up for.

Oh, and he was originally owned by Burt Reynolds. Not even joking...it's on his papers =).

Piusium

May 21, 2011
Now, at the dawn of time, a schoolboy discovered a magical site of magic, rainbows, presents, deserts, desserts and jellylands, and It was called "Neopets".

He created a profile, played some games, found some things, and adopted a kougra named "Pius(randomnumber)". Then he forgot everything.

A year or more passes, he comes back and can't remember anything about usernames or passwords, just "Pius". As he has become a chemnerd, he adds an -ium and makes a new profile, plays a bit, then drifts away, but the name is still used everywhere.

Afterthought: If Piusium had included an o, as in "Piousium", it would have been meaningful, but not as pretty to look at. Plus, he is Danish, so he doesn't really understand English that well.

Dette var ophavet til mit navn. Now say "rødgrød med fløde".

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
My name is actualy an inside joke to a story I wrote where it bassicaly an insulte used by the bad guy. My freinds thought it was so hilarous that it sort stuck to me as a nickname. So when I need to come up with a username this is the one I turn to plus I also find pepoles reacations to it to be amusing to say the least.

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
I used to do a lot of writing back in high school and one character would always end up in a story somehow. His name was Judas Rutherford Merrick. Since he was an unmarried man, I tended too use the prefix Master. A lot.

The more I look at it, the more I look at him as an author insertion character, so he got the coolest name.

Master Merrick.

Janin Alan Xavier Kaedrin (J.A.X.), Quinn and Artemis Respha, Luther James Cobalt, and others. They tend to be my substitue usernames.