What's the story behind your username?

czfjrod

Apr 2, 2010
The czf- part came from my family's Condition Zero clan ~CzF~, which lasted from 2004 to about 2008. But I didn't have a static name back then. Later on, I became a fan of Francisco "K-Rod" Rodriguez, and so I crossed K-Rod with my initials JS* to form J*Rod. But for sites that don't allow symbols, I started using the shorthand czfjrod.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Mine's the name of an extremely old character. One of my first originals. He was always my favorite. When it came time to take a username for deviantArt, I took Shadu, and now it's just sort of stuck. It's basically become my main internet handle. I will often use variations of it too when Shadu is already taken.

I also use NSZypher a lot as well, but Shadu is really my mainstay.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
I used to be Warlord_126, but quickly realised I could do (slightly) better.

Ninjat was buzzing around in my head a bit already, and then I saw it was the name of a creature in Adventure Quest, which I was playing a bit at the time.

126 was previously the level cap in Runescape when I was playing it, and I liked the sound of the number.

So, Ninjat_126, Ninjat126 or Ninjat. Often shortened to Ninja or just Nin.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
It's a nod to two of my favorite books. The Strain comes from Pest Control by Bill Fitzhugh where the main character breeds four unique types of assassin bug referred to as Strains

The 42 should be a bit more obvious and is a hitchhikers reference.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I was a huge Final Fantasy 7 fan when it came out, so I took on the last name of Cloud, changed the spelling of my first name because the real spelling of my first name wouldn't look right with Strife. Also, I've been using this as my user name online since around the time of the turn of the millenium.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Treaos Serrare is a name I came up with a long time ago as my default internet persona, there were a few others before it but i haven't used them in forever.
Treaos doesn't mean anything literally but Serrare(and this is to my surprise) is a real word, an Italian word meaning to lock

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Well I've been a pretty big Detroit Lions fan my whole life. So when I first signed up for a Kings of Chaos account I chose Lionsfan98, and then when I started on Xbox Live I did the same thing, and since then it's pretty much stuck for most of my online accounts (although I dropped the 98 when I signed up for the RoosterTeeth boards, god I haven't been there in forever...)

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
The "nkl" part is just my initials. The "shaz" part has a little more of a story behind it. We were doing a really stupid english assignment where we had to invent a word and a meaning. I came up with the word "shaz" When I went to sign up for my PSN account, I was still thinking of that word. I went to an urban dictionary to make sure that the word didn't already exist. It did, but luckily it meant awesome, so I caught a lucky break. I've grown fond of my username, and I use it for just about everything.

Beertaster

Jan 20, 2011
I originally wanted to create an imaginative name for my wow twink long ago. Something along the lines of a bar fighter, and beertaster was born. Ever since then I grew more and more fond of it.

Although I have yet to replace my Steam name Party_Blues_Zombo with it. That name was from when I loved playing zombie panic source mod. Thats was from how you sit and hide forever (Blues), but still have to entertain yourself (party). Like using Dr.Zombo vending machines to wall myself in (zombie or human) and force people to come at me (zombie or human).

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
My original one was whitem1lk because i have a very European background and my initials spell milk :)
I was gonna change it to FRAGS (Fighting. Remotely. Against. Grenade. Spam.)
But i changed it to one of the Michael's because i am a big fan of doomsday arcade and my first name is Michael as well...

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Me and my dog were walking down an alleway after a play. A gunman threatened us, and he shot my dog, and took his very expensive collar.

My dogs name was, simply, "Great".

From that day on I vowed to take justice across the city. With me being a man, wanting justice, for his murdered dog - Great.

Greatjusticeman was born.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
FF9 fans should at least vaguely remember this name.

Ipsen was an explorer in FFIX who apparently discovered a really cool inverted; was named after him in the game. Also apparently, he was a bartender(?) with his buddy Colin.

Along with being a unique moniker, and a weird profession combination, 'Ipsen' is not commonly used in games/forums/usernames. Nice filler name if nothing else comes to mind.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I liked drugs, I had a drug name, friend changed the spell to this instead. Been sticking with it since.