What's the story of your avatar?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
"His name is Geralt of Rivia. A witcher. A professional monster slayer..."

Geralt is one of my favourite fantasy characters, and my favourite video game character, of all time. Pretty simple, I guess.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
MHR was my name in Wurm Online, an obscure survival/building MMO. I got the idea for my avatar because I freakin love thorn bushes/cactuses ever since I made it my mission in Wurm Online to plant thorn bushes everywhere and turn as much of the landscape as I could into a horrible trolly nightmare to traverse. Thorn bushes in that game HURT A LOT and the healing system in that game was "realistic" in that it took a long time to heal wounds (10 mins to an hour depending on severity) and you'd need bandages or home-made poultrices to speed up the process. It took a few days for the thorns to grow and mature enough to start doing damage, but this just added to the insidiousness as it could be very difficult to tell if the bush was big/old enough for it to hurt you.

So yeah, thorn bushes could get VERY problematic in that game and chopping them down was a chore. I planted them MOFOs everywhere I could in my free time. I even caught some noob corpses stuck in them occasionally and I could loot whatever nooby crap they had sometimes. At once point even my own buddies were getting pissed about stumbling into them since in my zealotry I closed off 40% of our settlement's surrounding area with thorns and another 40% was an impassable mountain. It was really a fire/raid hazard now that I think about it, but MAN did I think it was awesome. I was working on a painstakingly long multi-month project to obtain the ability to bless the thorns with indestructibility and unending life (LOL) which had many devious cock-blocking possibilities, but I quit the game before I could do so.

The avatar itself is of a thornbush in a swamp in Don't Starve which are far less dangerous, though they do hurt you if you try to pick them for twigs.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
DBZ is my favourite anime and Vegeta is by far my favourite character. Simple as that really.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Mine is of Luffy from One Piece sneaking past a guard. I think it's a funny picture.

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
It was meant to be this because I liked it http://imgur.com/6w0Itjc
but it broke and wont move. p.s I'm trying again and if my avatar starts moving then I have fixed it.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
It's Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, who's one of my favorite characters. This particular .gif is from the opening of the first two movies, Christmas-fied, of course.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Once upon a time I voted to make Aliens: Colonial Marines the 16th option for the GOTY competition and in recognition of my noble choice, I was given this avatar and title to last until an unspecified date.

As for my original avatar, which you can see below, it's me after I transferred my brain into the body of an orphan to save myself from dying inside a Big Daddy suit. I'm wearing a Christmas hat to be festive. My new face does bear an odd resemblance to the character Mordred from Merlin though...

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I animated mine using an awesome strip from lastplacecomics, it's probably the best line ever in the whole archive:

Although this one also comes pretty close, I might have to animate it and make a change

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I just went with Kud from the Little Busters visual novel. I might change it for Christmas, but then again I can't really be arsed.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Raul Julia is one of my favourite actors, and I love The Addams family films from my childhood, and I thought that he was perfect casting as Gomez Addams, so it seemed natural to me to have Raul Julia as Gomez Addams for my avatar.

Here's the scene it was taken from:

I would love to have any part of the duel as a gif avatar, but my skills are nonexistent in that area.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Well... I shouldn't have to explain mine....

Spitfire is best pony...
Rainbow is best main...

The choice was natural...

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
It's a picture of my dog, a Yorkshire Terrier. A dignified creature... or so he likes to think. More like 18 lbs of fluff with a Napoleon complex(yeah, he's big for a yorkie).

I think I've been using this picture just about as long as I've been on this site. I can't even remember if I had a different avatar before this.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Mine comes from a picture of during a party where a friend and I wore cowboy hats for shits and giggles. Later on that friend fooled around with it a bit in Photoshop. Decided to use it as an avatar here to have something unique.
Should really update it with a more recent one since it's over six years old by now, and I've never really liked it, but changing avatars on forums I'm active on always feels hard. No one(if anyone even does) would recognize me anymore!

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I liked having no avatar before they brought in that stupid forced avatar for no avatar, so I made a small transparent square and made that my avatar.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Artina89 said:
I would love to have any part of the duel as a gif avatar, but my skills are nonexistent in that area.
Ask and you shall receive my friend:

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
smithy_2045 said:
I liked having no avatar before they brought in that stupid forced avatar for no avatar, so I made a small transparent square and made that my avatar.
No one ever explained why they did that.

Anyone know why they forced the default avatar on avatar-less people? Because it's annoying seeing it everywhere.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I wanted a Christmas avatar, but my previous one wouldn't have worked too well, so I grabbed the gif and requested somebody made it fit into a Christmas theme.

I shall decide on a new one in the New Year.