What's your age, and what are you currently most concerned about?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008

My main worry is what I want to do with my life. I'm not sticking at my current job forever because it's just there to get money in but I don't know what my calling in life is and I worry.
The things I enjoy and are good t, I can't find a job in or they'll pay very little.
I've always thought uni was pointless and I doubt that will change. I wouldn't mind studying something though.

The other worry is moving out and if it works this time. I've moved 5 times in the past 7 years. I've moved away from home and back twice because of certain circumstances. I want to move and to settle down for good this time. I'm waiting on my boyfriend getting a job so we can get our own place soon. I'm in no rush because it gives me more time to save but I'm getting really sick of being at home :/

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
I'm 22

Currently, I'm concerned with finishing college and getting a job in game journalism, and I want to get out of my parents place so I can live on my own.
I'm also looking for ways to help with my concentration problems and If I wonder if I should go to grade school and look for alternatives if the game journalism career doesn't work out.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
EeveeElectro said:
I've always thought uni was pointless and I doubt that will change. I wouldn't mind studying something though.
What is it that you find pointless about going to the university, if you aren't opposed to the idea of studying?

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
softclocks said:
snippidy snip snips
Thank you for your kindness, it really did make me smile :) I live in the UK though! D: Hopefully finally getting a meal tonight. Hopefully!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Nomad said:
EeveeElectro said:
What is it that you find pointless about going to the university, if you aren't opposed to the idea of studying?
It's not studying I'm opposed to as such, it's the cost of uni and the lifestyle of that comes with it. I don't want to pay up to £30,000 for a course which doesn't guarantee me a job. I don't like the idea of going out every night and getting "blazed with me mates" with a student loan either.

I haven't got a thing against people who do that but it's not the path I want to choose and it never will be. I would more likely take a college course when I live with my boyfriend.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
EeveeElectro said:
It's not studying I'm opposed to as such, it's the cost of uni and the lifestyle of that comes with it. I don't want to pay up to £30,000 for a course which doesn't guarantee me a job. I don't like the idea of going out every night and getting "blazed with me mates" with a student loan either.

I haven't got a thing against people who do that but it's not the path I want to choose and it never will be. I would more likely take a college course when I live with my boyfriend.
Ugh, yes, tuition fees are abhorrent. I forgot that the UK has those. I wouldn't say the second part is an argument against studying, though, since that's entirely optional. The lifestyle you describe doesn't hold much allure for me either, hence I haven't taken part in it.

As for employment, I consider it less a matter of getting "a job" and more a matter of getting "the right job". Depending on your interests, that can be hard to manage even with a degree, but be impossible without one.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011

I'm nearly finished my Games Design course but the work is piling up because I'm lazy as hell. I'm worried about not passing because it means two years of work will go down the drain.

I am also worried that I will not be able to get an 1850 list for a 40k tourney fully painted and highlighted in 5 weeks and so lose my painting point(which has lost me tournies before).

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011

Current worry is the government career worker exam which i need to pass to further my career.

Long term worries? hah, i actually went through with my plans quite well so far. I guess only the petty ones left beside the obvous health and stuff. That would be: will i ever catch up with my backlogs? will i ever accord everything i plan to? will i be able to save up for early retirement? yeah, i have it quite good now.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I'm 38 and I'm most concerned about my job. I'm currently quite unhappy with it and need to find another one. However, working full time makes it difficult to find time to look for another. I'm recently free of debt so I don't need anything that pays much. Just gotta get out there and search.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm 25 and I'm currently worried about the 10-20 minute long speech I have to give in class on Wednesday. Partly due to my anxiety issues, partly because I'm a poor public speaker, and partly because I find it impossible to work in an absurdly noisy environment, which I'm currently in. As a result, I'm nowhere close to done.

I'm quite lucky to be in a school that says they'll help me find a job once I graduate if I don't get hired after my unpaid internship but I'm worried about whether any of the companies partnered with my school will actually consider me a desirable employee. If I don't get hired then how will I pay off my student loan? If I do get a job then what if I get fired or laid off?

Beyond that, simply just worried that I'm not mentally suited for the "work your ass off until you're 67 and hope to God you have a decent pension" sort of lifestyle.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
24 - Getting a full-time job so I can afford to have my own place. And that's just the first phase of my "get my life back together" plan.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
I am also worried that I will not be able to get an 1850 list for a 40k tourney fully painted and highlighted in 5 weeks and so lose my painting point(which has lost me tournies before).
I know you're busy, so here is some advice.

1) Got friends? Bribe them with pizza to come have a movie night painting Warhammer. Set up a production line; each person does one colour. Did a whole 2000pt Nid army with my little brother that way.

2) Need something that looks good and is quick? Black primer, base coat, wash, highlight anything you see from above, don't worry about the rest. Next model.

3) I have said it in the first one, but production line! It is tiring, boring, and life-draining, but it is quicker, more consistent and you will see your skills improve. Paint for 2 hours, take 30 minutes break, do it again. Make a pledge to do it for 2 hours a day; you spend that on the internet messing around anyway. FOCUS!

4) Remember; a fully painted army with just base colours looks ten times better than a fantastic HQ, 3 members of your Troops, that one tank you half did and that 5-man squad you like so much leading the Grey Marines. Get paint on everything. THEN worry about highlighting it.

5) Consider getting an airbrush so you can base-coat the entire army; then use the airbrush to apply a wash; then put a light blue in there and do ALL of the lighting. You will have done 70% of the work in a single afternoon.

6) Remember the golden rule; faces and bases. If the base looks good, and the face looks good, and the rest looks just fine, the model will look good. People remember faces and bases.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
21. Concerned I will never find something worth devoting a life's work to. Just got out of the mentality of 'Nothing matters I'll probably kill myself" last summer, as somber as that is to say I don't imagine it to be uncommon. Nothing lasts forever, and you have the power to make it better.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Worried about the worsening condition of my much-abused back. I've had a couple of split vertebral discs for years now, and my symptoms are escalating. I'm probably a few years from surgery, after which most people are lucky to get a decade of full function before becoming downright crippled. For someone whose job hinges upon combat readiness, that's a scary thought (being crippled before even reaching 50 years old, that is). I'm not ready to retire, but I may be facing a forced career change. My other combat-induced physical infirmities pale in comparison to that.

Ah well, I always fall back on the fact that I'm lucky to be alive at all, with the places I've been and the things that have happened to me.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
29 (3 months till 30) and I'm mostly worried about "SRS ADLT MTRS!" these days, I've been unemployed since early September and still haven't found anything (though I had 6 months of Severance Pay and will only just now start on EI which will last for another year) so I'm not desperate...

However you can't ADVANCE on EI, there is no forward progress and THAT has been depressing. My wife wants kids, house etc. and it's hard to get in that mindset when you aren't sure when you'll be making the kind of money to support that kind of life... also there are still things I want to do before I'm tied down with infants/kids/horrible teenagers/respectable college bound kids who are going to be in the same situation or worse as I was when they get out.

Also this whole unemployment thing has given me serious depression so I've been stress eating and gaining weight though I'm trying to exercise more with the involuntary free time I have.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
19, software engineering student, and focusing on my grades. I overloaded myself this semester with course work, ROTC, and a part time job and kinda wore myself out. I dropped ROTC and a class that I simply couldn't get into, and my part time job let me and a bunch of people go for some reason. Not that big of a deal, I'm good at saving money and have plenty left over from my job back home (which pays way better and is more laid back).

I'm enjoying the free time, though I need to actually, like, sit my ass down and study for calc II. I tend to procrastinate studying because I never had to study in high school, so spending hours every day looking at a textbook and doing dozens if not hundreds of calculus problems doesn't appeal to me in any way.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
I'm 26 soon to be 27 (Birthday is in April) and my current concern is coming to terms of being a full pledge adult.

I had an argument with my mum a few weeks back mainly discussing about my current career and future. Long story short, we agreed that the plan to moved to the city will go ahead (need to redo the kichen before putting the property on sale) so I can find a better job (I'm part time sales assistant in a retail store). I'm just don't like the idea of working full time (35+ hours) but I know that is pretty much necessary in life (to pay the bill and etc). I just don't want to sacriface my leisure time but hey I know my parent ain't going to be around forever and I do desire to lived on my own just like any other adults.

It doesn't help the fact that my best mate is no longer in the loop of tv show and cartoon (he started living on his own and worked full time from 9-5 and he end up returning home too exhauted to do anything like gaming or watching a show).

I kind of feel like I need some advice or guidance on this matter from someone who is working full time and living alone.
yo i've lived on my own and worked full time, if you wanna talk just hit me up

OT: well i've just spent the last 5 years in and out of hospital every couple of weeks so i've not been working, i'm currently looking for a job but not alot of employers wanna hire someone who's been out of work for so long due to illness and due to the fact of being in hospital and not able to work i've fallen behind on a load of bills so i'm in a massive amount of debt and it's all rather getting too much dunno how much longer i can handle it as i'm pretty close to breaking point (even though everyone i know says i'm one of the strongest person they've ever met as i usually hold everyone together when things go wrong) on top of all that i'm also wondering if there's something wrong with me as i may be single forever as i've been single for 7 years and just can't seem to find anyone but this isn't major and i can live with it

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I'm 18 and I am mostly worried about the governmental issues that seem to plague the US as of late. I am repeatedly told that I have to fix the government or that our generation is responsible for the colossal debt of the country. I live in the Midwest by the way so religion and the right wing hold a very tight grip on the state of Idaho. also currently hoping I don't have to grab a G.E.D. because of an online class that I have to take.