What's your avatar about

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Just a picture of Vegeta from DBZ being his usual, sullen self. My favourite character from my favourite show.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
It's a random Guinea Pig I got from Google. It's a HD remake of a screen-shot from an Extra Credits episode, I just liked it and it kinda stuck, I'm now no longer allowed to change it on pain of @Redlin5 telling me not to.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4. I got a bunch of avatar pics with Persona 4 Arena and since I love Persona 4 and identify really strongly with Yosuke I went with it.

Before this I had a watermelon wearing a sunhat with a face carved into it. His name was George and he was delicious.

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
At work I choose to have a lego model of my desk on my desk, complete with a minifigure that looks like me, down to the hair and glasses. The pyramid is just an in joke about IT and the illuminati in our office. The mug you can just see in the corner is 'chaotic good' my favourite character alignment.

Huzzah for lego.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My is a gif from MLP:FiM when Queen Chrysalis reveal herself. I thought that bit made a good loop gif.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
U.N. Squadron, one of the first games I ever played in my youth, damn good at it to this day.

And by extension the anime Area 88 which U.N. Squadron was based. When I finally made a good print of it using a screencapture from a ROM, I used it on most of my social profiles (kind of linking them). Boy, I will tell you how much crap I caught in my regular Team Fortress 2 server for it, they thought it was something having to do with My Little Pony. It took some time and effort for me to get them to google U.N. Squadron, but I think they still have their doubts.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
A picture of me back when I was 17. With a hat. And a moustasche.
Uuh. That about it.

Moustasche is totally real btw.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Mine is the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee transforming into its destroy mode to go medieval on some poor fools (or try to at least).

More than just a good Gundam series, Gundam Unicorn is turning out to be a good anime series in general. That's new. :D

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
It's a droplet of the universe, cause that's what I am. Just a drop in a sea of stars.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
It's this guy from Monster Hunter. Well, it's a symbol for him made by some dude.

He's got this slime like substance on his hands that can explode on contact with whatever he wants to blow up.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
It's me. I'm in Anti-Surveillance Mode. (Or I was just waving my head around and taking a picture with a shitty camera. You decide.)

Nouw said:
Not at all, of course it makes perfect sense now. That video is a gold mine of potential avatars for you, no?

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Mine is a Battenberg (a marzipan coated cake for those who haven't heard of it). Drew it myself and everything [sup][sub][sub]on Paint.[/sub][/sub][/sup]

I can't remember if I had anything before that but I figured I should make some kind of avatar when I started posting more on the forum a month or two ago, especially as I use this name for all my online accounts.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
The two symbols that make up my xavatar are the Imperial Aquila and the Cog Mechanicum, both from the Warhammer 40k universe.

Sphinx86

Apr 15, 2009
Mine's a shot of myself from an 'in progress' (i.e. completely wrong) Image Processing tutorial program from uni.

Thought it looked cool so I snapped a copy before moving on.

Even though it kinda looks like a window with city skyline (at least I think it does) it's really just the bench behind me, and a cupboard behind that.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
My avatar is Hel, Goddess of the Underworld. I first became aware of her by playing Smite (a MOBA that's currently in beta), but her concept art and God reveal were so interesting that I ended up probing a little more into her history and how different cultures imagined her. Some apparently believe that she is the personification of Hell, hence the name - and she's also the source of the phrase "go to Hel", which basically means "go to die". I loved Smite's rework of Hel (she looked quite different [http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120602171759/smite/images/a/a1/Hel2.png] before she was redesigned), and I love the duality of her new appearance. Hence the new avatar. :3