What's YOUR best game ever?

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009

Every time I go back to play Ocarina of Time I absolutely love it, perhaps it's because I spent my entire childhood playing it. I feel like playing it right now in fact.

mekose

Apr 16, 2009
Penumbra, spine chilling psychological horror where nothing happens. It's full to the brim with brilliant story telling and every moment is eerie and haunting with no jump scares or unnecessary horror. It is by far the most immersive game I've ever played.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Super Mario 64. So many hours of my life have been simply devoured by that game. Good chunk of that was spent trying to find all of the move variants Nintendo managed to program into a control stick and two buttons. There's a LOT.

EDIT: three buttons. Forgot about the Z button for a sec

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
My favorite would have to be Brutal Legend. There's just something about that game that I love.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition
Brilliant storyline, likeable NPC's (except Fargoth, that douche in the starting town, God he got on my nerves) and an almost infinite amount of gameplay in terms of time.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Animal Crossing, I find it so close to perfect. Plus I've been playing it for 9 years and everyday for five years.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Final Fantasy Seve...PFFFFT AHAHAHAHAHA no. I'm not going to bash the game, at least, not here, since I don't feel like sparking a flame war.

So in all seriousness, I have personal favorites on each console, but it's really hard to pick one absolute favorite. So I'll just list them all.

N64:
Rocket: Robot on Wheels. Sure, the game was easy, but it was fun. It had a neat little feel to it, like it was the kind of game that would have been popular in the 1950s, if they had video games in the 1950s. Which they didn't, which is a shame, since this game is just ridiculously obscure, when it deserves so much more respect. It was the first game to have a physics engine, but fuck, did they ever do an amazing job with it. The final level, though. The final level. Oh god, the final level was so stupidly hard.

GB/GBC:
Dragon Quest 3. Never got very far in it, on account of not caring enough, but it's one of the few turn based JRPGs that's, you know, hard. But, fuck, is it ever GRINDY.

GBA:
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. What more needs to be said?

GC:
Tales of Symphonia. Not the best Tales game, but hell, it was fun. It was also one of two things; extremely grindy, or extremely hard. Take your pick.

Wii:
Position reserved for Tales of Graces having a US release, because I know that if it ever comes out here, I'm going to play and be screaming "BEST GAEM EVAH" for months. Sadly, I don't read Japanese, so I don't have a copy of it. Fucking Bamco of America.

PSP:
Persona 3 Portable. "Aaawwww, how cute, it thinks it's emo!.." In truth, it's just trippy.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 3! Wait, no... Ocarina of Time! Or... Mass Effect! But maybe... Super Street Fighter 4! Or it's...

Oh fuck it I can't decide.