What's YOUR best game ever?

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Kingdom Hearts. Those damn Heartless and Nobodies aren't going to kill them selves.

emeraldrafael said:
For the gamecube (if anyone still has the dinosaur) battlefield. taht game is amazing.
Battlefield is on the gamecube!?
emeraldrafael said:
For the PS2, Persona 3 fes. I cant hype this game enough, mainly cuase most people have know idea what I'm talking about. it saved JRPGs for me.
Have to played the PSP version? I want to know which one is better
emeraldrafael said:
DS well... you cant go wrong with a classic. but if you want something new? I heard GTA chinatown wars was pretty good.
I heard the PSP version is somewhat better.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Vhite said:
I take it you hated Gothic 3 as well?

Try Risen. It definitely feels like a Gothic game. Only, this time you're a look-alike for the guy from prison break instead of one of the dev team.

It also feels a bit like "This is what would have happened if the ship in Gothic 3 had sunk". An alternative Gothic 3, if you will.

Bubble

Mar 22, 2009
A tie between Stronghold Crusader, Robin Hood The Legend of Sherwood and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

Banksey said:
2d ones are better just for the rope.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I absolutely loved Chrono Cross, played it almost nonstop when I was younger and still do today.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Ever and forever? I guess Planescape:Torment shortly followed by Fallout 2 and 1.

From more recent ones Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Choppaduel said:
I've been thinking about this for last hour or so and I can't choose, I could give a top ten IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER but to choose one...
I just can't
Go ahead and give your top ten. I'm intrigued.

Ldude893 said:

Need I post anything else?
I would have said this as well, but I've played through it so many times that it isn't interesting for me anymore, which is too bad for me.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Skorpyo said:
Choppaduel said:
I've been thinking about this for last hour or so and I can't choose, I could give a top ten IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER but to choose one...
I just can't
Go ahead and give your top ten. I'm intrigued.
well ok...

in no particular order

Crackdown
Goldeneye
Starfox 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Half-Life 2 (the rest of this series gets an honorable mention for being pure awesome)
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (same goes for this series)
Quake 2
Battlefield 2 v1.21 (they patched the fun out this game and made the awards to ez to get)
Deus Ex
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Mass Effect

Addendum: The Secret of Monkey Island, Loom, and Grim Fandango all get a special mention for excellent writing but don't make my list because one criterion I use for choosing a game is "how many hours of fun did the game bring me" and these point and click games don't have a whole lot of re-playability, not that that's a bad thing.

Addendum addendum: Since making the original list, I've played Mass Effect, and it bumps Sonic 2 off the list.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
My best game would be... huh...

Lets say Ratchet & Clank then. Nice gameplay balance between shooting and platforming, and the funny, yet not uninteresting story, is a crown on the unrecognized masterpiece.