What's your controversial opinion?

squeekenator

Dec 23, 2008
lionday said:
Edited in response to the post above. Hold on there isn't it my duty as an American duty if the government says i can't pray then isn't it my duty my right to fight for my prayer?
American duty? I dunno, never really cared too much about your strange foreign ways :p. But I'm not talking about silly laws like 'you can't pray', I'm talking about general and sensible laws that religion lets you circumvent. For instance, this. [http://motionsicknessrelief.net/why-does-religion-based-on-faith-hold-more-weight-than-science-based-on-reasoning-in-the-court-system-2/] You wanna take hallucinogens? That's illegal, you're off to - oh, so sorry, your religion says so? In that case, that's perfectly fine, please, feel free to do as many drugs as you like, it's totally cool with me. Ridiculous.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
I have zero qualms about adultery, humans are naturally polygamous so there's no need to suppress that.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Also, the Revival seasons of Doctor Who are better than the old ones, and Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor.

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
that anti-theists are almost universally under the incredibly naive misconception that there's nothing more to life than what can be proven with facts

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
I believe that Religion should not be given so much weight in the world. It IS important for people have something to believe in if it comforts them. But if people use religion as a shield to hide behind or as an excuse to persecute other people, then they are no longer believing in what their religions values. Religion in my mind, isn't stupid. Its the people who take it too far that make it stupid.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
VikingSteve said:
Oh, I guess I do have one other controversial opinion...

People that commit suicide are worthless. There is no reason to ever commit suicide, I don't care what kind of agonizing pain you are in, suicide is never the answer. It's the ultimate display of mental weakness.

Of course, some overly sensitive person will come to the suicidal person's defense and list a slew of EXCUSES (not reasons) for them to justify committing suicide. There are plenty of reasons that CAUSE people to be suicidal, but the people that actually go through with it are just giant fucking pussies that can't hack what life served them up. It's like a big FUCK YOU to everyone that cares about them, the ultimate act of selfishness, the ultimate display of weakness.

If you're suicidal, that sucks balls, but for fuck's sake, don't actually go through with it. Get help... you haven't done it yet, there's still time to fix the situation. Don't use a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Does using the cyanide pill that's issued to every soldier in order to keep enemies from torturing the battle plans out of them make them giant fucking pussies?

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Dango said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Dango said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Dango said:
Science has not, and never will, rule out the exist of a higher power.

Despite not being religious, I believe religion is one of the most beneficial parts of humanity, and it is what has caused us to progress for thousands of years.

Killing someone is never justified, with the exception of having no other alternative to saving another's life.
I agree on points 1 and 3.
How ever with 2 you are so very wrong. We progressed as a species because we were curios, because we had a desire to see how things worked.
Religion says it's magic so deal with it. Saying god done it gets us to the arse end of no-where and can even prevent our progress. Go ask Galileo.
Galileo's studies never would have occurred without support from the Pope and other officials within the church.

Religion is what funded and provided nearly all advances in society, art, and science during the Renaissance and Medieval periods.
Fuck the renaissance. Ancient Greece was on the verge of an industrial revolution and the celts had mapped the stars, almost all was lost because of the roman empire, especially when the Pope took over and thousands of "pagan" writings were burned, like all the books in the library of Alexandria. But ironically anything we know about the celts and Druids was saved thanks to Irish monks :p
But then of course, we should never have been in the situation in the first place.

Tl;DR the Renaissance was just us rediscovering this the Greeks discovered 1500 years before hand.
The Roman Empire would have screwed up everything, Christian or not. Pre-Christianity it was just an empire based off propaganda and nationalist extremism.
Greece wasn't as technologically advanced as you think, they were stilled ruled by religion and didn't even discover iron during the time of the Roman Empire, frankly, they were quite backwards apart from philosophy.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
DarkenedWolfEye said:
I don't believe that the human race deserves the role of top predator, or top anything, for that matter. I feel ashamed of what we've done to our own planet, and I await the day that the human race dies out. We hurt the global ecosystem more than we aid it, and if the planet had any sense it would get around to creating that supervirus that is only deadly to humans.
Seriously, fuck this species.
Wanna kill the human race?

You first.

MrThomasAnderson

Jun 22, 2011
All right, I've done it: here's my contribution. I believe that artificial Birth Control is all bad. Bad for families, bad for individuals, and bad for the human race as a whole. They promote lust, selfishness, and an intense fear of parenthood, and therefore growing up and becoming an actual man or woman. Birth Control should be publicly discouraged everywhere and always.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Fragmented_Faith said:
3rd world nations should be razed to the ground and either left to regrow alone or seeded with the best we an provide. Since the locals have done only ill with the land they have.
No way this is a serious suggestion, you just have a bad case of internet-faux-coldheartedness.

Muslims should be destroyed, the handful who do live in peace with the rest of us are utterly incapable of reigning in there fellows and as such should be pushed back to there own country, or done away with.
There are about one billion Muslims in the world, do you seriously think it's only a "handful" who are peaceful?
Do you also not realise Muslim isn't synonymous with Arab (you know, those scary brown people)? I assume not, with the "back to there own country" comment.

(a more local one)The non-white natives here in Australia no longer deserve any government funding, support or breaks. For as long as we've tried to help them they have pissed away millions of taxpayer dollars so no, not another cent. If they want money they can clean the hell up, do something with a backward society that's not changed since we found them and get in line to enjoy the red tape or get a job like anyone else. And if nobody wants to hire them, well I guess its time to prove you deserve the chance.
Well, at least you aren't as racist as the last guy I responded to.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
That the only way that we can fix the world is by setting EVERYTHING on fire. In an honest note dough, i seriously hate this existence. watching it all burn to the ground would make this life worth while for me dough. But im a nice guy, so that would never happen as long as that shred of humanity remains on me.

RadioactiveTurtle

May 9, 2010
I think that people who are useless within society should be eliminated. And a higher level of fitness training should be introduced into schools.

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
That if you want to be a person who's constantly hooking up with and being in a lot of relationships and "relationships" with people that's fine. But don't turn around and act all moralistic and high-and-mighty, especially about relationships.

Also, don't rag on about how people are being irresponsible in relationships, leading to abortions. Maybe if they only gave head like you they'd be "better". /end rant/

Also, the concept of race is silly to me, not just in racism, but in any case where something is based solely on race. Scholarships for people for just being a certain race is ridiculous. If you want to make races equal (which I totally agree with) stop elevating certain races in certain situations.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
1.If your quality of life is below a 'decent' level then you should be euthanized, whether you were born that way or deteriorated to that point through age or illness. Why we insist on keeping people alive in terrible conditions because 'every life is sacred' is a mystery to me.

This also applies to brain dead people, Your clinically dead let your body catch up.

2. If you're dead we are taking your organs, regardless. I don't give a fuck what your 'beliefs' say people need them to stay alive so i don't give a fuck what you think, after all you're worm food :)

3. We should work on developing computer-brain interface technology so that we can build a 'hell matrix' where the scum of humanity (murderers, rapists, paedophiles, etc.) are trapped in a hellish life where 1 second in real life is 1 year in the matrix. Death is to good for these people

4. If you preach religion on the streets like this guy you can be legally kicked to death, nobody cares about your fairy tales.

Also watch the entire video it's quite funny.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I believe that most anti-religious folk need to be smacked upside the noggin' for failing to realize that conflicting ideologies can and do exist independent from organized religion. There are liberal and conservative Muslims, Rebublican and Democratic Christians, and libertarian and fascist atheists. To suggest that the removal of all religion would lead to some sort of governmental/scientific/social utopia is childishly absurd.

Granted, this opinion isn't exactly controversial out in the real world, but on the internet? Spaghetti Monster help me.

Captcha: Efficient ehretic. I can only hope so.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
I think that Hitler was a better person than George Carlin. (Note that I'm a fan of George Carlin, but not of Hitler)

I could expand on this at great length, but the general summary of it is:

Hitler at least thought he was doing good, and had good intentions at heart. George Carlin was on the record as supporting entropy. [understatement]Which isn't generally considered to be good.[/understatement]

Captcha: "Let Stalin"

Let Stalin do what? I'm worried.