Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Crest/Banner of the Stars

Also, the one that really 'got me into anime':
Vision of Escaflowne

Admiral Crunch

Nov 25, 2010
Ga-Rei Zero is a personal favorite of mine. It has an increadibly deep plot and well developed characters. Definitly worth seeing if you like a strong story.

D.Gray-Man is pretty decent too.

verdugo136

Sep 9, 2009
VanQQisH said:
verdugo136 said:
kiss x sis nuff said
Out of curiosity do I watch the 12 episode series or the OVA first? Can't find an answer anywhere.

OT: Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Or Oreimo for short is just excellent, if you haven't watched it out of fear that it's incest then you have a totally wrong impression and should be lynched for judging by the title alone. Great story, characters and character development. Almost as heart warming as Clannad but not nearly as tear jerking. Overall an excellent, feel good kinda show.

Also, Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsa, both seasons are great (I survived the endless eight twice without losing my sanity) and the movie is absolutely glorious. Not to mention gorgeous. This show is a much watch for any anime fan.
i still need to watch the OVA. but as a recommendation you should watch the 12 episode series its like ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai but more with the incest and if you like ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai then i say you would like kiss x sis.

plus i agree with Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsa, epicness all the way. second season lacked a bit with the repeat episodes other than that epic.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
any gundam series especialy G Gundam (except for anything set in CE) there are more anime,s I like but that would make a very long list

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I'm very fond [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni] of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When they Cry). It's an excellent [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/anime/6503-Anime-Review-Higurashi-When-They-Cry] psychological horror/mystery series.

Spice & Wolf would be a close second.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Series: Neon Genesis Evangelion / .Hack//Sign
Movie: Laputa Castle in the Sky / Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

o_O

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Ooh, that's a tough one...

For the longest time, that was Lucky Star. But I think my favorite one is Hellsing. Though Death Note is one of my favorites as well...

Lets just say a draw between Hellsing and Death Note.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
My favorites ones are

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain

The one I'm currently watching and may be added to the list:

Welcome to the NHK.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
There is no genre I detest more than so called "slice of life comedies", but if I tell you Cromartie High School wasn't the funniest damn thing I watched in years I'd be lying.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Mmmm I like One Piece for creativity, Hellsing Ultimate OVA for all around badassery, Dokoru-chan for chill, and Big O for mystery. But I like lots of animoo...I know! Here you can read all about my favorites!

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/EHKOS/anime

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
I don't watch too much, but my favourite would either be Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Azumanga Daioh or Angel Beats. I can't pick between 'em.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Kasper Gundersen said:
Well the title says it all, what's you favorite anime and why?

Mine is Garzey's Wing, simply because it's BAD! XD
I've seen the Sage/Spoony review on the Nostalgia Critic's site, but haven't gotten around to actually witnessing the raw terribleness it is supposed to portray.

This is a really hard question for me to answer as I usually either really really like an anime or I despise it (nearly 95% of them actually). I think overall Cowboy Bebop gets my vote, but there are plenty of other great ones just under it. BTW for anyone who's also a Bebop fanboy I'd suggest a similar anime I discovered recently called Black Lagoon, that shit is awesome.

Nagisa94

Oct 12, 2010
Strawberry Panic with Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as close seconds.
Although it really is hard for me to say, as I really thoroughly enjoyed virtually every anime I've seen.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Without a doubt Cowboy Bebop.

Great Story, deep characters, fun, fantastic music, and a great setting. It kills me that it's only one season long, but it ends perfectly.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I believe the one that i had the best general mood in was Spice and Wolf season 1.

The one that left me with the best feeling after finishing was Clannad/Afterstory.

The one that had most embarrased moments (Good still) was probably Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

The only one my friends watched that i actually liked was Full Metal Alchemist (Most S2)

Greatest feeling of anger afterwards was Code Geass.

Greatest feeling of emptyness afterwards goes to Lucky Star (What to do when you are finished..)

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni takes top place right now, though I recently watched Read Or Die which is two cups of awesome

Apr 8, 2010
Difficult question with so many awesome animes being out there...

But the anime that still inspires the most awe in me must be Legend Of The Galactic Heroes .
That Anime is just so epic and so full of content that you just have to admire all the effort that must have gone into creating it....

The recent runners up:
- Code Geass
- Spice & Wolf Season 1
- Fullmetal Alchemist (both Brotherhood and the original series)
- Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal
- Paranoia Agent
- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni & Kai
- Cowboy Bebop