What's your Favorite book series.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I was trying to decide what my favorite book series was and was curious what other peoples was.

I had to decide between the Dresden files by Jim butcher, the codex Alera also by Jim butcher and the Night Angle trilogy by Brent Weeks. I choose the Dresden files but the codex Alera is only just behind.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Series? I still vote Artemis Fowl, it's a great series for all ages.
I agree with you up to a point. the first 5 were and still are some of the best books I have ever read but I have been disappointed with the last few. especially the last one, the Atlantis complex.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Twilight!

Lol nah - Juliette Marilliers Bridei Chronicles and David Eddings are probably my favourites.

Coraxian

Jul 22, 2010
Arcane Azmadi said:
Probably the Dsicworld series. Terry Pratchett is the greatest comic fantasy writer in history.
Since I got ninja'd on this one, I'll go with the Wheel of Time.

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
I loved the Mistborn trilogy, but I'm liking the Sword of Truth novels more and more lately.

KillahMate

Feb 8, 2011
Well, if we're specifically referencing series I'd say the Vorkosigan Saga, Lois McMaster Bujold's military sci-fi that really isn't. The lead character is fascinating, and it's basically full of interesting people (and mutants and etc.) It sort of has that Firefly/Serenity thing going (of course it started way before Firefly). But also the plotting is impeccable and fun, very important when you're dealing with a trickster hero. Also it deftly avoids all the rah-rah and machismo that military sci-fi tends to suffer from (possibly because the writer is a woman) but still manages some real emotion.

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
The trophy still goes to The Dresden Files for me. I've never found a book series more interesting, with a brilliant main character, awesome back up characters, thrilling stories and damned annoying cliff hangers. Hurry up Ghost Story! I want more Harry!

mephistophelesees

Dec 30, 2010
i'm gonna say the redwall series, i read like all of them when i was dutty, and they've got this place in my heart now, power of nostalgia eh?

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

unique world and magic system + excellent character development

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
mephistophelesees said:
i'm gonna say the redwall series, i read like all of them when i was dutty, and they've got this place in my heart now, power of nostalgia eh?
Even more so considering the Author died.

OT: The Dark Tower series and the above mentioned series. ButI enjoy the Dark tower specifically, cause it has roots in most of kings works.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. Once I started reading the first one, I couldn't stop until I had read all three.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
"Sword of Truth" by a long shot. I've read probably 70 or more fiction series and I've never read one that grabbed me like that series, or one that had such a realistic view of human nature. It was amazingly written, and amazingly entertaining.

It's written by Terry Goodkind.