What's your Favorite book series.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Kingkiller trilogy.
Anything else is wrong.
And if you tell me you didn't like them, YOU. ARE. WRONG.
Seriously. Science has proved you are wrong.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
There are lot I enjoyed, but I'm going to say His Dark Materials. The movie wasn't good from what I heard.

Others I like:

The Lord of the Rings
The Hitchhikers Guide
Discworld
Jurassic Park, if that counts

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
MetalDooley said:
A Song of Ice and Fire.Roll on July 12th

Byere said:
OT: Gotta be The Belgariad/Mallorean and it's extras, but David & Leigh Eddings. I nicknamed them "The Belgarath Sagas" for simplicity's sake.
Then again, almost all of David & Leigh Eddings' work is awesome in my eyes.
Loved most of Eddings work as well but I was very disappointed with "The Dreamers".Had one of the worst endings to a series I've ever read
Oh gawd, tell me about it. It was like they put so much thought into who the whole series and then decided "Naw, can't be assed anymore" and just quit at the end of it all, giving the lamest ending possible.

Mind you, it was his last book and he died 3 years later...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
The books by Anonymous (The Book With No Name, The Eye of the Moon, The Devil's Graveyard) and the Night Watch trilogy by Sergei Lukyanenko. (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch. There's also a fourth book called The Last Watch)

In fact, i like the Night Watch series so much that i have the DVD of the films Night Watch and Day Watch which were based from the books. It's an independent foreign movie completely devoid of big budget Hollywood influence and it shows, right down to all the spoken dialect being in native Russian. It makes for a very authentic experience and audio-visual imagining of the books.

Personally, i don't like when things like that get localised. "Let Me In" is an example of this. Things should stay as they were intended to be portrayed and interpreted, though i do understand not everyone is of this viewpoint and i certainly won't hold it against folks who do prefer to see localised remakes.

dlsevern

Jan 2, 2011
The Dark Tower, Harry Potter, The Wheel of Time, Hero of Dreams, Necroscope. I don't think that the Cthulhu Mythos can be called a series, but it is probably my favorite collection of stories ever! I love Lord of the Rings too but I don't consider it a series, to me a series needs to encompass at least 4 to 5 books, LotR is really just a trilogy. I know, I'm being too particular, lol.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
I wish I had time to read more. The last series I read was Principles of Paramedic Care. That being said I read mostly books by Stephen Ambrose even though it's not a "series" he still has a lot of books so I count it.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i'll start with the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman

i'd also say the Ender series but i've only read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, which are both really just two perspective on the same story, i have yet to read the rest

there is also several others, Percy Jackson series, Inheritance cycle, Hunger games Trilogy

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Lord of the Rings (and the Hobbit and Silmarilian)

A Song of Ice and Fire

Dune

Wheel of Time

In that order

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
That's tough. Books are my main form of entertainment. It has to be either L E Modesitt's Saga of Recluce, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files or Ted Dekker's Circle books(the whole meta set, not just Black, White, Red and Green)

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
While it's not a series per se, Chuck Klosterman's first three books (Fargo Rock City, Killing Yourself To Live and Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs) have always formed a loose sort of trilogy to me, so I'm gonna go with those three.
If not, probably the Hitchhiker's Guide series.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well, it isn't really a 'series' by definition, but the ORIGINAL Conan the Cimmerian short-stories written by Robert E. Howard in the early-mid 30's would be my favourite.