What's your Favorite book series.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I like the Mortal Engines series by Phillip Reeve.
Though they're the only book series I've really read, other than Hitchhiker's guide, which is too obvious to suggest.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Lord of the Rings, for me. Although A Song of Ice and Fire is shaping up quite nicely...

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
King's Dark Tower series rocks my socks. It's like some fantasy thing crossed with some western thing. And lobstrosities!

PipPup

Apr 22, 2011
I would have to say Redwall. The action and pace is so well written and the style gives it an old English feel without being too wordy. Brain Jocks tells a fantastic story with an appreciation for the simple moments in life.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
The Discworld obviously takes the first place by a huge margin.
Other than that, the Witcher books by Andrzey Sapkovski, those are seriously awesome.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss.

I may die from withdrawal before Day 3 comes out.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I love the Discworld books/series, but I want to be original, so it's a choice between 'The Spooks Apprentice' book series, or 'Power of Five'.

Penguinishka

Mar 19, 2009
I absolutely love the Vampire Hunter D novels. I'll admit they're not all winners, but I love the setting. It's a post post-apocalyptic, earth frontier world that was, until recently, ruled over by vampires. Since the vamps are almost extinct no one is in control of all their left over monsters and machinations, leaving humanity to tough it out. And of course D, half vampire himself, travels around killing nasty this-n-thats, generally holding it down. If you only read one, I recommend The Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane. Short, entertaining, and you'll love Granny Viper.

hexshadowman

Sep 18, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
I was trying to decide what my favorite book series was and was curious what other peoples was.

I had to decide between the Dresden files by Jim butcher, the codex Alera also by Jim butcher and the Night Angle trilogy by Brent Weeks. I choose the Dresden files but the codex Alera is only just behind.
I agree with your first choice (can't wait for Ghost Story!), but my second favorite is the Doctor Who line of books. I'm not sure if that's technically a series, but they're mostly fun, so I don't care.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan.
Pretty much all of my other favourite books have been mentioned already(Night angel trilogy, wheel of time, mistborn), but The Black Magician Trilogy still remains to be my favourite. I had to re-buy them a second time because my old copies were falling apart from use. It's not as complex or technically as great as the other ones I mentioned, but whenever I pick it up I can't put it down again until I finish it.