What's your favorite main menu screen?

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
I would have to second all of the Halo title screens, the simplicity in conjunction with the amazing orchestral music was just perfect.

I also enjoyed the Half Life 2 approach with the title image changing based on where you were in the game.

Finally, I absolutely loved the God of War title screen. What I thought was most brilliant, was when you chose "New Game" the game seamlessly rolled into Kratos' intro monologue. I thought that was a great approach and completely took me by surprise.

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
Cooperblack said:

I've always loved the menu for Deus Ex Human revolution, It's pretty and utilitarian plus the music is fucking awesome, Everything i like in a menu.
I'm surprised nobody said this earlier.. The colors! The music! The calming of the mind before the silent killing!

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Civ 4. The original menu is just the earth spinning with an occasional view of the sun coming up, but when you combine it with this music and sync it juuuuusssst right...
You get heaven.

Weatherking

Jul 21, 2012
Mr Cwtchy said:
While I did like Fallout 3's, my top favourite would have to be Katawa Shoujo.

Mostly this is because of the music that plays there [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOo55jYJlV8]. It's serene and peaceful, and really helps with your reflection of the story when you finally complete a character arc. But also I love how the screenshots gradually full up the screen, and just glancing at them can give you flashbacks of those characters and how they grew and developed.

Yeah it's clearly low budget, but I have a great fondness for it all the same.
Yeah that game does that progression tracking stuff really well, If I didn't get so horribly depressed I would run through all the bad and neutral endings just to fill out all the extras menus 100%.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Supercars 2 for the Amiga. Doesn't look like much, but HOLY CRAP THAT SOUNDTRACK.

Also the mole dance on Auf Wiedersehen Monty.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
A lot of you have mentioned main menus that I've also enjoyed but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Little Big Planet Main Menu that you navigate by controlling your sack boy/girl in the pod who is in turn controlling a playstation controller. You can even decorate the pod with things you've found in the game. Brilliant:

Mourne

Jan 28, 2010
I'd have to say my favorite menu is from Space Marine. The video's from the demo, but only the words have changed since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNl7VX3MJUY[/youtube]

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
mrvenom said:
When playing a videogame, the second thing you see (after the intro, developers) is a main menu screen. What games do you think have the best screens in term of color, layout and so forth?
Gotta be Castle Crashers. Dat music and dem vibrant colors... I could only find a good computer video and I think I like the 360 one better. Still good though.

Krovius

May 20, 2013
In my opinion I would have to go for the menu for LOZ:OOT you cant beat the intro pert where Link is traveling all throughout Hyrule.

Uzi-Bazooka

Jul 6, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
I do have a soft spot for Age of Empires III, mainly for how the main menu screen changes depending on what civilization you have selected at that moment.
I gotta agree with this. Awesome music plus gorgeous graphics plus customizable cities makes this menu awesome. Also - something that is sometimes sadly lacking - IT'S EASY TO FIND WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Another vote for Borderlands 2 from me. I just have to give my Siren a 360 degree eye full every time before I start playing.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Prototype 2. It was just a animated shot of any location in the game. Hit continue uf you aren't starting a new game, the menu fades away, the camera moves slightly and reveals that the background image was actually the continued game where you spawn. It takes less than a second to go from main menu to slaughter street of fun.

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
I am thoroughly disappointed that there has been no mention of Saints Row the Third

One of my favorite parts of this game was starting it up, seeing that background with that music and just being like:
AWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

EDIT: I'm too dumb to work out how to embed videos, if someone could do it further down that would be grand
in the meantime have a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd5JgBVV9k

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
scarecrow350 said:
I am thoroughly disappointed that there has been no mention of Saints Row the Third

One of my favorite parts of this game was starting it up, seeing that background with that music and just being like:
AWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

EDIT: I'm too dumb to work out how to embed videos, if someone could do it further down that would be grand
in the meantime have a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd5JgBVV9k
That entire game was one AWWWW YEEEAAAAHHH moment.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
My favorite would almost undoubtedly be Metroid Prime. That game had a fantastic menu screen. (among many other fantastic things) A creative layout and 3D animated backdrop coupled with great title music. I've seen few games that came close to being as unique.

'Course, Metroid Prime 2 had a pretty slick menu too.

A close second goes to Sins of a Solar Empire. I liked how, whenever you'd switch to a different sub-menu, the camera would go whizzing about the 3D rendered solar system; from planet to planet; depending on which menu you were moving to or from.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 has the best menu screens, bar none.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I would have to say Dead Space 3, partially because I was scared that something would come clawing out at me to be honest XD That, or Metal Gear Solid 4. FEEEEELS