What's your favourite game of all time??

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Morrowind. Everything about that game is just done right.

Like... damn. I think the best way to sum it up is by saying I've had it since 2003, and have probably done less than a third of the game's content. Skyrim's awesome and all, but I feel like I'm almost finished with it. Morrowind will never let the player think that.
Well, other than I had to SKULLDRAG myself through that miserable text-filled excuse of a campaign followed by hours of swinging what felt like a pool noodle at Cliff Racers about 100 times before landing a single blow, Yeah... great game /sarcasm.

Skyrim= unlimited content, literaly, its a fact.

Morrowind= to its credit, I played Oblivion before I played it. Yes, it was good, even groundbreaking for its time but its not even comparable to Skyrim.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Oh God my favourite games?

Half Life 2
Psychonauts
Bastion
Tzar
Terranigma
Chrono Trigger
Sonic & Knuckles
Wario (Gameboy)
Pokémon Blue
Metal Gear Solid 3
Zone of the Enders 2
Shadow of Colossus

Goddamit i can't remember of any more games, but i can easily say those are the ones that made a change in me.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I don't think I can get it down to one,

Morrowind gives me great memories but I can't play it nowadays.
I always love Monkey Island, But then there's Halo CE as well which is a fantastic game.

Really though I think it comes down to either Monkey Island, Oddworld or Baldurs Gate, those are the games that I always go back to when I need to play something.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Overall probably Starcraft 2. I haven't played in a while but I know it's something I'll always come back to just like the first one was.

Iskhiaro

Sep 15, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
I'll be old school and say Star Wars: Tie Fighter.

Awesome levels that involved a level of sophistication impressive for a deep space shooter.
Nice one mate! I'd have to say either Tie Fighter, Starcraft or KOTOR, although I have a soft spot for Dragon Age: Origins and the Witcher 1 as well.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Halo: CE, yes, you spent the second half of the game the going through the same levels as the first half but with different enemies, and yes its quite simplistic, but that was the game that brought me into gaming, and it has a awesome story and universe behind it.

Also CE Anniversary was awesome too, I spent most of the game going back to "old-o graphics" just to remember what it was like 10 years ago.

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
Ugh, so many.
Freelancer stands out though. Excellent gameplay, graphics that still look good today, awesome story, massive universe which feels lives-in (NPCs will talk to you and also communicate with other NPCs, There's a large amount of factions, each with their own goals and motivation and every star-system feels unique) and of course a large and vibrant modding community which has expanded the universe even further.

captcha = great unwashed.
ಠ_ಠ

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Final Fantasy X, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion or Warcraft 3, three games that completely consumed my being, three games that I absolutely adore and hold a special place in my heart for. Doom is another game that I treasure, as is all the time I spent on Call of Duty 3's multiplayer. Going back even further, perhaps Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the PS1 or Swords & Serpents on the NES.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Psychonauts
Timesplitters series
Stalker series
Saints Row series
Conker Bad Fur Day (only played the remake though)

On a less favourite level
Max Payne Series
Hitman Series

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
My favourite game of all time is Baldur's Gate. I've bought it 5 or 6 times and I'll be buying the enhanced twice on release just in case.

It's the first RGP I ever played, the first introduction I had to D&D and it is still one of the best games I've ever played and far and away my favourite.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I get easily hyped for games, and to date Dark Souls is the only game that has lived up to my immense expectations.
Just...beautiful, awe-inspiring, interesting, disturbing, glorious.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Sonic & Knuckles.

Not only did it offer two awesome characters with different gameplay styles, a ton of secrets, and an awesome final boss level, it was the first ever DLC for the previous Sonic titles that came before it.

Give praise to the Father of DLC!!

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
Props to the 'Every game I've ever played' list, it's hard to pull off the 'I love this and this and this genre and that genre, it's all so delicious.'

Star Control II

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Can't believe I'm the first to mention X-COM (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown). That, Half Life 1 and KotOR, there are no other contenders