What's your flirt tactic?

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
I tackle her with my penis.

If that works, we'll go back to her place and have sex.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Talk, Joke a bit, try to get number, slowly slip in progressively more bold compliments, try again to get her number, ask her if she wants to hang out, ????, profit? Needless to say, since I've started using this it hasnt worked once (0/1) and I havent thought it through all the way yet.

My captcha is upside down... what should I do?

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Hmm .. well, for a start I look something like a scruffy Orlando Bloom, mixed with Luke Perry. Think Luke Perry in Jeremiah. That goes down pretty well with the ladies for a start.

The next advantage is my accent - I live in Australia but my good fortune has seen me spend half my life in other countries, including formative years. As a result, my accent is a peculiar mix - think of something between Irish, and Cockney. Most conversation *begin* with: "I love your accent, OMG, where are you from??! *giggle* Are you Irish?" Aussie girls, for some reason, love any kind of Irish accent. I've never *lived* in Ireland, but I guess the combination of countries I've lived in forms together into a kind of Belfast/Northern Irish accent. Like a mild Jimeoin, maybe?

Ok, now to flirting:

I become slightly elusive in responding to questions. For example, the girl asks if I'm Irish; I'll say "No, actually. I've just lived in lots of different places. You been to Ireland?" And send it back to them. I haven't given them any information about myself, really, but there's hints of a rich and varied history. It intrigues them, and makes them want to ask more questions to get to the bottom of me (so to speak), and also I find out lots about them because, frankly, women like to talk about themselves. Put yourself in the frame of mind of waiting for a friend to turn up - so turn to her, talk to her, make eye contact -- but never for a second let her think she is the centre of the universe. You are. Keep checking the room like you're looking for someone. It'll subconsciously frustrate her as she'll think you're scanning for potential mates - and she'll want to get in their first.

But yeah ... it helps if you look like survivalist Luke Perry and have a psuedo-Irish accent, however. I can't understate that lol.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
manofwar618 said:
RAKtheUndead said:
I don't. I'm a gutless, spineless man, with absolutely no knowledge on how to flirt. If I tried, it would be so horribly creepy that I might actually be arrested for it. I am so hopeless at romance that I consider it a punishment for me to have been born heterosexual.
Lol Trust me. Homosexual Romance is just as hard, if not harder.
I got pretty lucky with my ex to be honest, it's a bit more straight forward being heterosexual, at least then you have a clear target. Being Bi is a bit more of a challenge; considering i've only had a few guy's show interest and I have no clue where to look. also with homosexual relationships i'm not a fan of the 'flamboyant' types some tend to be; i've always preferred the 'i'm gay, so what?' style.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
I help girls when they need help, and try to act with integrity during any meaningful moments that come along. I don't actively look for opportunities, and I think that passiveness in itself has some kind of effect.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
I'm warning you, this is a wall of text that should help anyone out there. Remember, you have to sell yourself, make them think they want you. I give relationship advice to dozens of people so I hope this helps.
Easiest way, a smile and a wink, if they smile back. Initate conversation, if they give you a "wtf" look, it's best to just let that go. Unless you want to try then make yourself known, if you know they are there all the time (say a place they work) then show up and purchase the same thing.

One way I hooked up with a girl who worked at Atlanta Bread Company, I went in every monday, ordered the same thing, with the same change. Cubano Sandwich, with extra sauce on it. She was there every monday. Took me 3 months, mind you, but I got her name after the frist month, her number, after the second, and her.. well.. yea at the end of the third.

That is just one way. But if it's just a chance encounter, you have to show/recieve the signs that your advances are going to work. It's not the movies, a girl who gives you the "eww" face, isn't into you, don't try. The girl who puts out eaisly, is going to cheat on you, don't try (unless you want mushu only) the quiet girl, will take FOREVER to put out, but it's usually worth it. I've never had the quiet girl flip out and pull a whip and handcuffs out while calling her twin sister with gas powered play toys all of a sudden.

"But What do I talk about"
Simple answer, play 21 questions, while throwing in your own experince in. If you don't have any, it's not bad to make up white lies. "Oh, I used to drink and party, but I quit, it's a lon story for a different date" not only does it set you up if you're not a drinker, but using the word 'date' can put fourth that you either a: want to take her out. or. b: are asking her out.

"What signs should I look for?"
This ones is tough. But the standard signs are look or smiles and laughing, even at thinks you don't think are funny, because that means she/he is trying to connect with you. You do the same, if it has a twinge of humor to it, and you see they want a chuckle, laugh, it's alright they just told the worse knock knock joke ever. Infact end the laugh with "that was horrible" and then laugh some more.
Check her stance, if she rigid, then she's defensive, if she's standing loose, swaying some then she's let her defence down (attack now, kidding) also means you're not making her uncomfortable. Ladies here's the thing, guys body language is hard to determine. Our eyes wander, it's natural, we usually stand with our arms crossed, or hand in pockets, and we're normally laid back as it is. But watch the smiles, note the twinges in the coners of the lips, the eye brows raise in a "come hither" perk (see: the hell is that?) we flirt with our faces (that almost got mistyped, can you guess word?) just as you do with your bodies.

"What should I avoid?" (for asking a woman out)
Grim subjects, off race humor, sexism. A woman will come and dispute this, but 90% of women don't want to hear that your great great grand pappy helped start the KKK back when it was just four guys trying to be ghosts to scare the neighborhood kids. Don't want to hear that your cat was ran over by a lawn mower after it od'd on cat nip. Don't want to hear how your kid brother keeps putting your sisters dolls in the kitchen because 'thast where they belong'
These are jokes best set for the dreaded 'friend zone' which is harder than hell to get out of.

"What should I avoid?" (for asking a guy out)
Ladies, don't make yourself seem prude, but don't just throw yoruself out there and seem like a loose goose (see: worst comparison ever) But also don't seem desperate. Remember you have what we want, and any woman can flaunt it, but you must do so with mystery so it leaves us wanting more. Also, we guys, though most won't say anything, don't like a woman dropping 'f-bombs' all the time, especially if we're not cussers ourselves.
Case in point: I currently have a woman who is madly in love with me, but she throws herself in such a distasteful way that I can't find myself really attracted to her, she's beauitful and fun to be with, but she is so distasteful, foul mouthed and it drives me crazy (see: not sexually either)
Be sexy, be confident, be everything you know you are!

"How do I get his/her number?"
Easiest way I do, is 'forget to ask for his/her number after the conversation ends. When you start to head your seperate ways. Count to 5 and then go back to him/her, not in a run, or sprint, but a trot (see: not looking desperate) and say "oh, how am I supposed to ask you out without your number?" THE FACEBOOK FIND/ASK IS HORRIBLE DO NO DO IT!!

"What happens when I ask her/him out"
Think of yourself as a salesman, you're out to prove the product you're pushing is what she's looking for. Be confident, be easy but direct. When he/she says 'yes' don't reply with 'REALLY?!' (see: desperate cry) because that puts out a sign that you've not gone out in a long time, or that you've never gone out ever.

"What if he/she says 'no'?"
Do no.. and I repeat do not take it personally, don't respond with "why not?" or "fine *le sigh*" (see: pity date that ends in heartache for you, and a funny story for him/her to tell their friends) But if they do, just laugh and say 'thats cool' don't hang up, but ask them how their life has been since you last spoke/met. If it's on facebook, don't disconnect, it'll seem like you only wanted to get on to ask that. WHICH I THINK IS REDICULOUS

"Where do I go for a first date?" (for taking a woman out)
This is a totally hard thing to do. Dinner and move? Classic! but you lose the oppertunity to talk to her for 1.5-2 hours and that time to connect cannot be given, because you only have dinner to talk and sell yourself. First, find out what kind of person they are. Don't always have to ask them out before knowing them. And plan accordingly. If she's a fun loving girl, take her to the local rock wall, or go-kart place, then take her to a fun place to eat. For fancy girls, most do like plays and such, and you can do commentaries on the show if it gets boring. Then a nice dinner at a better place (See: Olive Garden isn't fancy)

"Where do I go for a first date?" (for taking a guy out)
His ass should be taking you out, if you're paying for anything. (After asking at least once, and him saying 'no, I got this') then you either 1 totally picked up a dead beat. Or 2 are desperate.

The rest is for you to figure out, make your own way and I know you'll be happier than ever. Not all relationships work out, don't kick yourself if it doesn't. People move, cheat, lie, steal, die, and just move on. You're gonna have to learn to do that last one also

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I try very hard not to, because I can't. I just talk with them and see where it goes. And if I don't find them interesting then I really shouldn't have bothered talking to them in the first place. I'd rather get to know someone before the flirting starts. Makes it easier, for me at least.

MLionheart

May 21, 2011
Head to the dancefloor and let my body do the talking.
The shear amount of confidence I show from that has attracted a few women. All hot.
Unfortunately I'm not very good with picking up from there. Working on it though and doing well.

Alternatively:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muT-9YPDZsI
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAGiQ3AWKqI&feature=relmfu
Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_4EUvnURs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
This one too.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Oh lol, flirting, i'm positively hopeless at that game.

Generally i just like to talk to girls i fancy, usually end up friends with them, but my general aim is to find the right moment to casually ask if they want to meet up and hang out. If they agree and bring a friend, it's not a date, if she's alone, then it's a date and i'll have to act on my top form. Can't say it's ever worked though, and i don't think that because of lack of self-confidence on my part, it's indecisiveness and plain bad-luck. I wish it was the other way round and girls would make the first moves...so much for Feminism hey?

silent_noir_67

May 31, 2011
I used to flirt with pretty much every girl I talked to (teased them etc), then got a girlfriend for extended periods of time (3 years) and now I seem to have forgotten how to flirt at all lol.

Usually whenever I got out and to a club I chat with female friends that are there as well+any of their friends that are there...

Other than that though I'm rather shy. I have low self esteem despite the fact that I have been repeatedly told I'm good looking, personable etc o_O I guess I must be worried about creeping them out randomly/annoying them ahaha

Daftmau5

Apr 6, 2011
I just do this. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeBqvIzcU7c]
Works every time.

But seriously, I am incapable of flirting. People scare me, so I just hide in a corner and hope no one looks at me.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Since i'm an overly social ************ i will talk to literally everyone around me. If it's a good-looking woman i carefully notice her body-language, responses and stuff like that to see if she thinks i'm interesting or fucking boring. Vice versa i judge her too see if shes interesting.

If everything clicks i'll keep talking meaningless shit and ask about them/tell them about myself. If it all goes well i'll ask them if they want to meet again some time and do some fun stuff, never mentioning the word dating.

That's a newly devised formula that i have only had the oppurtunity to use a few times so i can't tell you how reliable it is, but i have come close to picking up girls on two different occasions..

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I tend not to, because I'm really bad at it, especially if I don't know them, and I often don't see the point of it.
However, through either insanity or too many drinks, occasionally I give it a go. I am usually fairly witty, so I lead on with that.In the ensuring conversation, start throwing references to books/games/movies I like to see what we have in common. Seemingly, Discworld books tend to be the best lines picked-up on.
If I'm really drunk, I may use an incredibly nerdy line, (When you and me get together it?s like superposition of 2 waves in phase.)

blipblop

May 21, 2009
Havent been on the market for a few years now but I remember a odd episode of my dating time.
Never had problems whit getting girls but there was a period when I got bored whit them no one was intresting due to a recent breakup whit my ex I just didnt want to get to emotionally involved.
So out of boredom I tried this old myth that girls falls for the men who treat them like dirt so I´m acting like a total douche all nigth to this one girl and it totaly workt.
I´m not proud of this but I was young and its all water under the bridge now and in retrospect i can see some humor in the whole situation

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I get blinding drunk, forget everything and then ask my friends what happened later. Whether or not I ended up talking to the girl I have no idea, but at least I'll have a new drunken story.

Feb 9, 2011
wooty said:
My flirt tactic is....not to. I cant flirt at all, I find it quite pointless most times.
I was going to say the same thing. I don't think I've flirted with anyone before. Not really my "thing"

Focksbot

Oct 25, 2009
You guys (and gals?) put too much initial effort into it. I've flirted with a girl approximately 50 feet away without saying a single word.
And I'm not even being an egotroll.
It's something I picked up on the Internet.
/In one of those PDF guides/.
I kid you not.

Usually, good looking women (or men) aren't used to having people look at them directly in the eyes. When their glance meets another's, they'll expect their glance to be deflected, thus they won't acknowledge that person's existence.

But have you ever tried holding the glance? That takes them by surprise. Remember, there's a point where two people approach each other that they will briefly look at each other before moving onward. It's part of our spatial awareness or something. It'll be tough holding the glance at first, screw it up and you'll be the one looking like a flustered schoolgirl. The trick is to try to look through them. Sort of like aiming your rifle, maintaining a steady shot, holding your breath and firing through them. After the glance is held, chances are that they'll look away, surprised by this seemingly confident and strong stranger is looking at them.

Here's one memorable example: I was walking down the hallway and this dark haired, blue eyed girl was walking down the hallway. Target sighted. She meets my glance. Ammo locked, aim steady... Time feels like it is slowing down, adrenaline kicks in. We're looking at each other as we're about to walk past. She seems to feel time slow down too. Fire. She suddenly realizes that she was gawking at me. She quickly looks down, awkward and all that. We pass each other. FUK YEA.

The rest of this PDF starts to get fuzzy in my memory (I now have a girlfriend that I never had to use crummy flirt tactics or somesuch with)... But I think that if they look down and flustered or they look awkward, that's a green light to talk to them. If they just indifferently look away, yellow light- probably didn't notice you glancing at them. Red light if they give you a mean look. Or punch you in the face or something.

In terms of holding a conversation, insults and teasing work wonders. As long as they know you're kidding and you're not making soddy, lame jokes or something. Sarcasm is wonderful, not blindsiding with unexplained false anger. Blonds are easiest, since dumb blond jokes work. Perhaps after having a good conversation with them you will say "At first I thought you were another dumb blond, but you're surely on your way to proving yourself otherwise". SARCASTIC TONE, REMEMBER. I'm not sure why the hell it works. Even corny jokes work well. I'll pull puns out of my ass and they tell me that I should get shot. While smiling or even laughing. Or they punch me. Playfully.
The worst thing you can do is shower them with gifts and compliments. If they are really hard to get, they've probably seen every average Joe and their brother try that crap. The compliments that they get should be EARNED. They want a challenge. People WANT what they CAN'T HAVE.

I've read that PDF twice now, a lot of it came in handy (second nature) for my current relationship, however it didn't change me a lot. It had one underlying theme to it, that's what the author was trying to convey to me in the first place. I simply learned to CHILL OUT and not care at all. The more I care, the more I'm dramatic... and the bigger the shitstorm. The opposite gender needs someone that doesn't have time or care for mind games. So do you, by the way, remember that.

There's one song that comes to mind, 'I Must be Emo': [Women] already have a pussy, they don't need another one.
For the case of women toward men, men like the one between the legs, not between the ears.

EDDIT:

TL;DR: lol forever alone kids noob lol

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
Find something about them to comment on. Are they holding a beer? Ask what it is and what their preference in drink is. Boom. Conversation.

Are they wearing a shirt with a logo, band, video game reference on it? Notice it. Inquire for more details, showing casual interest in it and more in what they have to say.

Basically, find something about them to compliment, quick intro, and then smile, hang loose, and show interest for about five minutes. Excuse yourself to go do whatever. Wait for them to pass by again, catch their eye, smile and lift your head. If they come over? Score. If not?

Decide if you're still interested in fishing in that pond and try to catch them again later if you are. I wouldn't try engaging them more than three times. After that, if they aren't returning the attention, put your attention elsewhere to keep from annoying them.