What's your game?

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I used to play Super Nintendo at friends, but it wasn't until I got my very own N64 with Super Mario 64 that I really started playing.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Parasite eve. I played a lot of games before but thats the first game to wich i remember i said, this is it. To this day is in my top 5 favorite games.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I think the first game I ever played was Missile Command on the Atari 2600... but the one that first hooked me was Dragon Warrior for the NES. I did a number of playthroughs on that game before I graduated to Final Fantasy.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Whalebranch said:
Hi guys, this is my first thread! :D

I'm asking you the question: What game got brought you into gaming? The game that brought me into gaming is probably Halo: Combat Evolved, I effin' loved that game! (and I still do)

so what game is "your" game?
For me it's either Baldurs gate (Still my favourite of all time) or the first Age of Empires, cant really remember. Oh god I'm old!!!!

Wololo!!!

Oh btw welcome to the escapist ;)

museofdoom

Dec 17, 2011
The first 3 Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games got me hooked on gaming :) But before those, I used to watch my dad play Doom, Half Life, and other computer games. I was exposed young haha

Xirei

Dec 14, 2007
Even though I did play games (somewhat) before, I'd have to say Super Mario Bros. 3 was the game that really got me into it. I was... what, 6? at the time and I even somehow managed to end up with all the toys. Played that game to death and back.

Xeldrak

Feb 8, 2011
The one game I've played since I was 6 or 7 and that I'm still playing?

X-COM: Enemy Unknown ;)

jrhamilton

Nov 8, 2011
Wolfenstien 3D and Doom were the two games that I remember playing first and are probably what got me into gaming.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
My first game was Sonic The Hedgehog. I was a wee lad when he came out. I started playing and never looked back.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Super Mario World was the first game I played, but what really got me into the whole scene was the first game I ever bought with my own, hard-earned money: Super Mario 64.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Zelda for the NES.

The first game I have played was on the PC on a black and green screen. A game that resembles the more recent game: Worms.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I guess River Raid and Pitfall on the Atari 2600, all the way back in... somewhere around 1990.

4RM3D said:
The first game I have played was on the PC on a black and green screen. A game that resembles the more recent game: Worms.
Scorched Earth [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_Earth_%28video_game%29] perhaps?

Rayzi

Nov 28, 2011
I think my first game was a Pokemon Game, but my most memorable and what made me fall in love with the concept was the Banjo-Kazooie series. It helps that I can still play them and learn a new innuendo or joke, as well as being one of the best platformers.

jwonno

Oct 30, 2011
fleurdust said:
Gauntlet <33
OMG, I loved that game! Certainly that and Megaman / Super Mario Bros. all on the NES were what made me the gamer I am today.