What's your game?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
The game that got me into gaming was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Megadrive, when I was four or five. [sub][sub]Wow, I feel rather old now for some reason.[/sub][/sub]
The rest, as they say, is history.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
The first big PC game that I loved and adored and thought was awesome and wanted to play forever (unlike shitty arcade-ish games of my super-early childhood) was Mechwarrior 3. Played it on a friend's fathers PC and the connection was made. =)

When I eventually got it, and Pirate's Moon for my very own, I was sooooo happy. Then eventually, Mechwarrior 4 came out... and I was sooooo sad =(

...you know, because it was shit

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
The one that got me hooked was Oblivion on the Xbox.

I was always sort of a small gamer, but this was the one where I literally couldn't put it down.

I ended up looking up videos for it, and that got me into the YouTube scene of watching lets plays. Ended up getting an Xbox for Christmas, and slowly grew into it more from there when I fell in love with CoD4's multiplayer.

Mar 30, 2010
I remember my family had one of those plug-in-to-the-tv-Pong things, and I remember playing 3Demon on my dad's work machine, but as for the first game that got me hooked - that'd have to be Operation Wolf for my ZX Spectrum. Younger readers may be jaded to high-end tech in this day and age, but believe me when I tell you that being told in the 80s, at the age of seven, that that gun you're holding could shoot things on the screen of your tv was pretty much the biggest news since the moon landings (in my tiny kid mind anyway).

gmergurl

Jan 27, 2011
Kingdom Hearts, I casually played other games sure, but Kingdom Hearts was where it was at! I love that game! Now if only they'd stop screwing me over with all the consoles they release it on... >.>;;

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Legend of Zelda on the nes.....20 years.....ago.

Its shit like this that makes you realize how old you are and how much time you've actually wasted.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I don't quite remember, it was when I was a little kid. Whatever it was, it was on the SNES

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Worms on the PS1 got my interest in gaming when I was 3, later I played Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye and my love for gaming grew and still grows.

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
I came into games at the age of 6 or 7 the game Pokemon yellow and 5 mins ago I was playing Skyrim .... I don't catch Pokemon I catch souls :D

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
My games were this:

and this:

Two of my earliest gaming memories and I'll always have them.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Pokemon Gold was the game that got me hooked on gaming as a source of entertainment when I was a kid, and even if it's kind of boring to me now, it still holds a special place in my heart for it. Besides that, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath was the first game to make me realize that games could actually have interesting characters, plots, and settings the same way movies and books did (I'm super-excited for the HD re-release on PSN, by the way). So those two are what I'd consider to be "my games" in the definition you've outlined.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
We have kids here raised on Pokemon *Gold.* Shout it out if you feel like an old fart now!

I started with games on the NES. I'm thrilled to rediscover Little Nemo in Dreamland, I think it was called. Mario was another one. Duck Hunt. Man, Duck Hunt and that stupid dog.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. Love it to bits and still play it every now and then!

Jeez, what a depressing thread idea this is, making us all feel old! D:

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
Honestly i can't remember, all i know is that it was probably any of the following. Spyro, Crash Bandicoot or Tekken 3.

urprobablyright said:
Or perhaps an old side-scroller called Claw.
Or quite possibly Claw. Come to think of it Abe's Oddessy may have factored in a little bit when i watched my dad play it. It creeped me out to much to play it myself, still kind of does. Great game though.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I played a lot of Pokemon Yellow, and I was into a lot of stuff like Nightfire on the PS2, but the first game I really got into would be Halo 3 - multiplayer online hooked me like nothing else ever had.

Chelsea O'shea

May 20, 2010
it was sonic the hedgehog 2 for me,then i picked up phantasy star 2 and continued to play....then when we got a comp from moms friend he had given us the elder scrolls:arena with it....and that was the end of the outside world.

alloneword

Jul 9, 2008
Super Mario Bros. Apparently I was playing while still in diapers. I have no memory of this, but there is photographic proof.

The games I remember defining my early gaming life Doom: Knee Deep in the Dead, Commander Keen (1-5), Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mortal Kombat II. I still own all of these games.