What's Your Gaming First Love?

TheAngryKoala

Aug 5, 2011
Mine's a Crash Bandicoot game on the PS1, can't remember which one but it had the hub-based world. I must've been about... 6 at the time when I first played it and man, I got hooked to it since there was something really appealing about an orange fox thing that had an obsession with spinning around and collecting Wumpa fruits to my six year old self.

What's yours?

EDIT: Crash Bandicoot Warped was the game I meant. Thanks to those who reminded me :)

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Kingdom Hearts.

Bought the game on a whim at around the age of 7-10 (I seriously can't remember), but that game made me who I am today, and now I've played every game in the series. It's my childhood, just like a lot of people's would have been Zelda or FFVII.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
The Sonic games.

Sonic 3, to be exact. Great games, and great memories playing them with my father.

tearteto

Mar 14, 2011
3 games that started me off were:
soulblade for PS1
crash bandicoot - crash bash or something like that, the one that had the minigame with a tank
and then of course the cliche and much hated upon pokemon blue

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Medievil on PS 1

Who doesnt love an armored dead corpse, that goes around collecting golden drink holders filled with souls, defeating dragon-like villains and smashing down mice with a huge-ass hammer.

Happy days

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
Super Mario World, it was love at first sight when I saw it playing behind a display case in a Toys 'r' Us store. We got together at christmas in 1992 and have been happy together ever since.

Daroesb

Mar 3, 2010
It was probably either A Link to the Past or Super Mario World on the Snes

Or Alex the Kid on the Sega Master System

donisaac

Aug 9, 2011
Sly Cooper 2, the best game ever made, it was perfect, and i hope they dont screw up the new one cause the 10 year old in me would die

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Mortal Kombat on the Game boy. Or maybe Kirby pinball. Played those games a lot when i was younger.

busters

Aug 5, 2011
I honestly can't quite remember what my first gaming love was, but it was most likely Super Mario 64, released in 1996. I remember spending a ton of time on that game and eventually beating it 100%.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
It was a racing game on ps1, Moto Racer I think. Me my dad and my brother used to play that all the time. I remember he'd spend all night racing away to unlock all the tracks, all the reverse tracks, and the pocket bikes. And you NEVER messed with his memory card since it was some extreme version with buttons on it which could accidentally delete everything on it. I used to be able to start a race, give everyone a 10 second head start, and still come in 1st and even lap some people. Good times, good times.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Snowboard Kids. i had plenty of games before that which i really liked but I loved that game as soon as i played it and i still do. there are 2 games I hope become available to download on the Wii and that's one of them (the other is Shadow Man)

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Oregon Trail on the Apple II. That was the first love to peak the interest and keeps me coming to games for more.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
The Secret of Monkey Island.

Or maybe it was Loom.

Or rather, it might have been Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

It's hard to tell which one I played first, not to mention that Secret of Monkey Island and Loom were in a compilation that also contained Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and The Alien Mindbenders, and the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade adventure game.

But those are just my first games I played that I enjoyed. If we're talking about games from my childhood that I have an obsession for to this day, then that would be Harvest Moon 64. Because I had never played a game like that before, where the goal wasn't violence based, and actually felt rather fulfilling.

Metaik

Jun 18, 2010
Hmm . . . either Super Mario Bros for the NES I inherited or Spyro for the PS.

EDIT: Oh, and Pandemonium

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Probably Lylat Wars on N64, loved the hell out of that game.

Also, Metal Gear Solid. Loved that game, made me want a Playstation soooo badly after playing a demo at a friends house.