What's Your Gaming First Love?

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Palademon said:
Probably Timesplitters.

WHY DID THEY LEAVE ME????!!!
I wish I had them back T_T
This right here.
Don't worry man, they're coming back. Oh... They're coming back all right...

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
While I did enjoy the games I played as a wee kid on an NES, I didn't actually "fall in love" with gaming, 'til I played a Worms game(can't remember which one, nor when), and then later on, Carmageddon 2 and Revenant when I got my first PC. Liero was also buckets of fun.

I have to admit, my memory is a bit hazy there, so I'm not entirely sure if these are the right answers.

gabmed

Dec 11, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 2.

The game I still consider as the best game I've ever played. That game formed me into who I am today.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Star Wars Galaxies... my first MMO and the first game that got me actually involved in the world and showed me just how much more a game can be...<.<

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
TIE Fighter, full stop.

It was the first game I played that I considered "immersive" although I lacked any understanding of that concept at the time, having never even heard the term itself, so this consideration is more or less retroactive.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Super Mario 3. I'd kinda liked Mario, but I loved 3 all the way. It's still on my top ten list of favorite games I've ever played.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Palademon said:
Probably Timesplitters.

WHY DID THEY LEAVE ME????!!!
I wish I had them back T_T
Ya I want a reboot dammit...or the ability to play it on my xbox...that game rocked, we need more shooters like that

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Three words: Earth. Worm. Jim.

The first two games are freaking awesome. Can't say the same about the third...or the GBA port of the second one...or the HD port...or, well, ANY of them except the original two for SNES/Genesis/PC. I guess Special Edition was good, but I can't seem to track that down anywhere.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
The first full game I ever played was Metal Gear Solid. And by full game, I mean game with story and such. I spent a few years previous playing Rayman, Wipeout and Crash and such, but MGS was the first game I played with a full story, gameplay that varied and actual tactical...ness. Not just spinning, or jumping at the right time, or throwing fists.

TheAngryKoala said:
Mine's a Crash Bandicoot game on the PS1, can't remember which one but it had the hub-based world. I must've been about... 6 at the time when I first played it and man, I got hooked to it since there was something really appealing about an orange fox thing that had an obsession with spinning around and collecting Wumpa fruits to my six year old self.

What's yours?
I'm certain that was the second one. 1 was a linear path of levels, whereas 2 and 3 were hub-based. The only good Crash games to me.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Mario. Nothing will ever match the feeling of freedom and exhilaration of watching Mario put on the flying cap and soar through the air like he was an angel, I knew at that moment that I would always love Mario.

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
It takes a village...

If I had to choose one though...

Starcraft was the first game that actually hooked me in and kept me coming back all the time. I loved a ton of games, but this one had the most clocked hours.

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
well if we're talking the first game I owned it would be Horace and the spiders for the Sinclair Spectrum ZX81

but the first game(s) i "loved" would probly be the tetris / mario / world cup soccer

three game cart my cousin got with his new NES when i was about 8