What's Your Gaming First Love?

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Sonic and Knuckles. Considering how much I hate the Sonic mythos now, this is sort of ironic. But I still remember how excited I was to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2. I remember thinking that putting a cartridge reader inside of a video game cartridge was the future of gaming.

I was young. And stupid. And fat.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
the first game to make a lasting impression on me has to be UT99... for some odd reason, a certain cent of soap always makes me want to play it :/

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Aresenal.

I've played many games before that, but this game just stuck with me growing up. When my father bought it for me when I was 9, I never abandoned the series. I've played every one and I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Sonic 3. It was the first game I owned that had a save feature and a play length that made such a feature worth having. I loved the bosses, the levels, the fact that you could play co-op as Sonic and Tails or play as Sonic or Tails alone (or Knuckles alone if you had S&K attached).

I think that game remained within my personal top 3 games for over a decade, too.

belleofthelibrary

May 30, 2011
A Disney game when I was, I don't know, seven. Disney's Action Adventure Game featuring Hercules. I still have it. I taught my kid sister to play it. After playing it again myself.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Mind Maze on Encarta 97 was pretty damn amazing.
In all honesty though, I've fallen for so many games over the years, it is hard to recall which I fell for first.
But I can tell you hands down who I fell for hardest.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Tasteslikecake said:
Sly Raccoon. So many fond memories, I seriously hope they don't screw up the new one.
It's not Sucker Punch working on it so don't expect too much...

OT: Crash Bandicoot for me too, although my long lost love (aliteration!) is Tail Concerto, maybe getting it for Christmas tho.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
The first game i remember liking was Age of Empires 2. I forgot almost everything from my NES era.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
pokemon yellow

or SMB3 honestly I remember getting yellow as the first game I owned but I know I played games before it I think it was the Standard Mario and Sonic titles though Im going to stick with Yellow

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Galaga-Every summer, when my family went on vacation,I just loved playing that game

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
saruman31 said:
The first game i remember liking was Age of Empires 2. I forgot almost everything from my NES era.
Oh yes, the hours I spent on that game, and still do.
Plus, the Total War games. I'm not sure I want to total up those hours. Even at a conservative estimate, it's got to be thousands of hours.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
My first game was Donkey Kong on the original gameboy (what a brick!)

But my first love will always be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.. sigh... what a perfect game.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Spyro the Dragon. That's the game that got me into gaming right there, it's been ages since i've played it so I don't remember much about the game but I know that I loved it. Damn I need to play that game again.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Mine is Final fantasy 1 . It's the first game i every played, and because of it , Squaresoft /square enix can have every paycheck as long as they make final fantasy games , even if they aren't as good as the old ones, i still buy them religiously.

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
TheAngryKoala said:
Mine's a Crash Bandicoot game on the PS1, can't remember which one but it had the hub-based world.
Sounds like Warped to me, that was an brilliant game :D

Mine first love though, that would be Link to the Past, hence the avatar ^^

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Final Fantasy VIII, it was the first game I ever played that felt magical to me, no game will ever make me feel the same again.