What's Your Gaming First Love?

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I've played games all my childhood casually (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Pokemon, Sonic, etc) but the first actual game to make me pursue it was Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Considered the worst in its series, and a total accidental purchase, it actually made me fall in love with gaming.

Since then, series such as Kingdom Hearts, SSX, Final Fantasy, Thief and the suchlike fully formed my passion for gaming. Now I have several titles to add to my favourites.

sergnb said:
Man do I miss that feeling of wonder and anticipation for games... I just don't feel it anymore. Closest thing now is the hype for Skyrim but even with all the love I seem to be accumulating for that game, it just doesn't reach the level of batshit-crazy excitement I had for games back then...
Just wait until they finally announce Kingdom Hearts 3...I think that feeling will come back to some degree. ;)

TheAngryKoala

Aug 5, 2011
My absolute gaming Passion has to be for Oblivion. I've missed dates, skipped nights out and turned down parties for that game. I've never been so socially drained yet so immersed in a game.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
TheAngryKoala said:
Mine's a Crash Bandicoot game on the PS1, can't remember which one but it had the hub-based world. I must've been about... 6 at the time when I first played it and man, I got hooked to it since there was something really appealing about an orange fox thing that had an obsession with spinning around and collecting Wumpa fruits to my six year old self.
me too, my first was crash 2.

Why cruel world? Why must they destroy the things I love!?

Jetbat

Aug 18, 2011
Super Mario Sunshine. A true gem of a game.
I loved my childhood Gamecube library in general, however. Many hours were spent on the likes of Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, and Melee. :D

Also, Star Wars BF2 was SO DOPE.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Novalogic's F-16 on an old Win98 box. I was only like 7 at the time, and my little brother and i would take turns seeing how long we could go without crashing

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color. My life changed forever from that moment on, and I'd like to think it was for the better :)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Space Invaders, It was the first game I ever played and that pretty much sealed the deal on my hobby for the next 26 years.

I'm getting a tatoo of them for my 30th birthday :)

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
Mine would definitely have to be Chrono Trigger. Nothing wowed me like that game...

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Halo: Combat Evolved.

That was the first game I ever fell in love with and the Halo trilogy has remained a prominent favorite of mine ever since.

Vicarious Vangaurd

Jun 7, 2010
Zelda OoT was probably my first favorite. I spent a lot of time playing it and loved the story, I still pick up the N64 and play it sometimes.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox. Never did I think a bizarre, cel-shaded, skating game would be so amazing.

Mogget128723

Feb 9, 2010
Activision's Battlezone. 1998, BEFORE Activision became an evil distributor that kicked its devs into making shitty games. You can get the game free and adapted for modern platforms at this link, I highly reccomend.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/26459/Battlezone.html

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
I learned to read helping my Mom with the original classic RPG's, Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (quest if you wanna get technical) on the NES. I have fond memories of both of those games, and the time I spent with my Mom as she played them. They started my love of gaming, and both series have (for the most part) been excellent games that I've continued to play as I grew up.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
The original Legend of Zelda on NES. Certainly not the first game I played, but it was definitely the game that made me a "gamer."