What's your Skyrim Character's background?

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Once there was a young man named Jack. He liked playing video games with archery and thievery. So he created a Wood Elf named Garrett (in honor of Thief) who excelled at archery and thievery. And thus Garrett the Wood Elf who excelled at Archery and Thievery was born!

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Walks-Under-Moon was an Argonian raised in High Rock by a Breton couple, one of whom was the Keeper at a library. From a young age she was fascinated by him, so she would constantly try to sneak after him, often getting her into trouble with the local guards. As she grew and her skills in sneaking and such improved, she was able to get into the library with no trouble and start going through the books. There is where she first learnt about Daedric Princes and their Planes. Having grown up in such a magical culture, she wished to stand out due to racism against her kind, so she vowed to gain the favour of the Daedric Princes and gain a magic which was beyond the comprehension of mortals.

Eventually, she wound up getting a job, and through that (along with some stolen goods), she built up a small fortune in which she could travel to Skyrim. When she arrived in the country however, she was stumbled upon by a group of Stormcloaks, one of them being Ulfric Stormcloak, who captured her as they had heard of a string of crimes committed by an Argonian (which she had nothing to do with) and taken along with them. This followed to her capture and the Massacre of Helgen. After she got out, she began to travel the countryside for any clues into Daedric shrines, her luck beginning when she found the Sanguine Rose. Joining the ranks of the College of Winterhold, the Dark Brotherhood, The Companions, and the Thieves' Guild, she gained sufficient funds and leads to track down artifacts, purchasing a house in Whiterun to study in peace with her wife, a young mage from Winterhold. Once her goal of gaining the Daedric Princes' favours is completed, she will go forward and take up her mantel of Dovahkiin, and show the World eater the power of magic brought from the depths of the Planes of Daedra.

Name: Walks-Under-Moon
Race: Argonian (Black), Lycan
Skills: One handed (70), Sneak (93), Conjuration (100), Lockpicking (70), Archery (60)
Level: 39

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Sigrun War-Blade is a second-generation Nord born in Cyrodiil who was forced to flee the main Imperial province because of her willingness to defend her father, Tolgruf War-Blade, from a Thalmor lieutenant who'd stopped by her family's smithy for some extra fletchings - only to end up threatening the aging smith when the price didn't suit him. She killed the fop and disposed of the body, and she'd gladly do it again.

Unfortunately, her father and the Imperial Watch didn't agree. So, with no other choice but to flee, she managed the perilous trek from the Imperial City to the Jerall Mountains past Bruma. She might be built like an oak, but having to keep silent and still allowed her to develop a bit of a forceful aptitude at stealth; even when wearing a full suit of plate armour.

Still, that wasn't enough. One fine morning, as she crossed the border into Skyrim, she was picked up by some of General Tullius' men, along with some of the retreating Stormcloaks. She doesn't know it, but her ancestor was the Hero of Kvatch. Thorsen War-Blade, Martin Septim's last protector, was blessed by Talos, late in life. For his accomplishments, his misdeeds prior to his adventures as the Hero of Kvatch would be wiped from the annals, and he would be named Dragonborn. Talos, as he appeared in the dream, stated that the Emperor's amulet still wouldn't fit him. The Nine would know him as Dragonborn, but the mortals would remain in ignorance - for their own good.

Thorsen's last contribution to the safety of Tamriel had already left his loins years ago, Talos said. It wouldn't be his son, or his son's son who'd seal the War-Blades' ties with the throne.

Sigrun knew the story, but she'd always thought it was just another one of Tolgruf's drunken ramblings. She knew about her ancestor's heroism, but Thorsen had allegedly returned to Whiterun, her family's ancestral roots, to die.

After killing Mirmulnir, however, all of the old stories came rushing back. It was all true, then, and she didn't know what to make of it. What didn't help was that her first uttered Thu'um was a complete disaster that actually got her jailtime...

As for the civil war; she was born and raised in the Imperial City and sees the Thalmor as a creeping vine feasting on the stronger oak. She honestly wasn't surprised when she understood that Ulfric Stormcloak was a sleeper agent for the High Elves. True Nords are steadfast in the support of their friends and allies, regardless of their race, colour or allegiance. True Nords aren't spiteful blowhards who recite tales of glory and expect some other champion's feats to brush off on them. She's met plenty of Imperials she didn't like, but the Stormcloaks make her sick to her stomach.

That's pretty much my girl to a tee.

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
My main is a Thalmor spy sent into Skyrim to make sure the Stormcloaks would take over, allowing the Thalmor an easy conquest. However, he grew fond of some of the inhabitants, even taking one as his wife. Knowing that the Thalmor taking over would not end well for the people he had come to befriend, added to the personal disdain he had for the Stormcloaks in general, my character decided to support the Empire. Secretly, of course. His loyalty still remains, mostly, to the Thalmor.

BlitzMarine

Dec 31, 2011
Well, my character is a Khajiit named Ja'Dardo and his history is that when he was a cub living in elsweyr with his mother.The town where he lived was raided by bandits because he lived in a poorly made shack raised of the ground his mother was able to hide him under the floorboards and his mother was dragged away by bandits and he was left with his family necklace named "amulet of the sands" and it was supposedly forged in elsweyr by his ancestors back in 2E 332 he was all alone and when all the bandits left travelers came looking for survivors and a redguard called Ridas heard Ja'Dardo's cries and he found him and took him back to hammerfell and Ridas raised him and when Ja'dardo was 24 he decided to trek back to elswery find out about his history and he later found out some of his ancestors were nords and because of that he went back to hammerfell and he went back to his home and he told Ridas he was leaving to Skyrim to try and find out more about his ancestors and to make a living in his ancestors homeland and as he was crossing the border he was caught in an imperial ambush to capture the stormcloaks.the imperials confiscated everything he had even his cherished family amulet and he was taken to Helgen and alduin attacked and when he escaped helgen he gone back in hope of finding his beloved amulet...

mikemc1

Nov 21, 2011
My ancestors had lived in Blackmarsh as farmers amongst the Argonians, having migrated from Orsinium long before memory. Having survived the Oblivion crisis, my ancestors escaped Blackmarsh into Cyrodil. Hearing there was a hero wanderer who was able to close the Oblivion gates, our clan was determined to find this hero. After wandering Cyrodil as refuges for nearly a year we were unable to locate this hero. Eventually the forces of good were able to prevail and the gates were closed for good. My ancestor's eventually settled in the Colovian Highlands near the town of Chorrol. Growing used to life amongst the Imperials my clan chose to stay. Then came a time of darkness. Chorrol became a City-State unto it's own. We and the rest of the populace watched helplessly as town after town splintered from the Empire. Then in 4E 171 the Alderi Dominion came, enslaving or slaughtering all in their way (all non-Thalmor that is). The Great War ended with the White-Gold Concordat, despite this we were heartened to learn that Hammerfell had rejected the treaty and left the Empire.

Me and my 2 brothers (un-Khan and Udu-Khan the Younger) fled when the Thalmor appeared and slaughtered all the Orc's in my village. We went into the hills to join the resistance. We were little more then peasant farmers. We knew not the ways of war. Near Pale Pass my brothers were killed. I tried to escape into Skyrim. That is tried. I could not get passed the checkpoint and during the struggle was hit from behind. Before darkness took hold I had prepared to meet my ancestors.

This is the story of Uru-Khan. Wanderer and adventurer. Sworn enemy of the Thalmor.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Me? I am Captain Elsweyr. I am kind of like the Captain America for Khajiits.

I started life as a nomad like many of my people. One day my tribe came upon a city. We asked for shelter and food and offered to pay for both, but the guards rejected us. We camped outside the city for the night. We were going to leave the next morning. If only we had had the chance. That night we were set upon by bandits. Our proud warriors stood against them, but were too few and they were poorly equipped. As the warriors held them off we sent a runner to the city to plead for aid. The warriors struggled to protect us. The runner returned shortly bearing grim news. The townsmen refused to lend us any sort of help. As the last of our warriors was vanquished we were forced to run. As I left I picked up the shield of one of our warriors. It was a simple iron shield, painted with the emblem of our clan. Few were able to outrun the bandits' arrows. I was among those few. I had used the shield to deflect the arrows. I would have died that day were it not for that shield. From that day forth I pledged to fight against the oppression and injustice so ruthlessly targeted against my people. I fight for the freedoms and liberties of Khajiit everywhere. All those who would oppress us or just watch us die shall know my wrath. For I am Captain Elweyr! The shield and claw of all Khajiit!

michaelahall22

Feb 24, 2012
My characters name is Thorek. He grew up in Daggerfall but his family moved to Skyrim when he was 10. While in Skyrim Thorek met a Breton girl named Amalia. They grew up in Whiterun together eventually starting the Cult Of Azura's Star. The cult was centered about worshiping Azura as their eternal master and "Mother". The cult was infiltrated by a Nord who disliked Thorek for apparently stealing Amalia away from him. He notified the guards and most of the cult was imprisoned or killed. He and Amalia then fled to Cyrodil where the cult replenished its lost members. While in Cyrodil Amalia was taken to prison for daedra worship. At age 27 Thorek returned to Skyrim to find his family and retake control of the cult. While crossing the border into Skyrim he was mistaken as a Stormcloak and was taken captive. After the "incident" in Helgen he escaped... and you know what happens next

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Katniss spent most of her life in the Imperial City, and always had a heart and mind for adventure. Always respectful of animals, she dreamed of being able to go on her travels with several loyal animal companions, and maybe a human friend or two. She was taught to live off the land, use whatever she could find, basic swordsmanship and basic magic. Soon, she left home to explore the ends of Tamriel mostly by herself, occasionally traveling with someone.

Some time during her travels, she was at the wrong place at the wrong time, was knocked out and was captured along with a group of Stormcloaks...

TheUnkn0wngamer

Inter-Dimensional Cyber Ninja
Nov 29, 2009
Well, my first Skyrim character is Osmith IV, an Argonian related to the hero of the Oblivion Crisis (The Nord, Osmith). As a child he had a terrible illness so his mother, Osmette, took him to a place where it was rumoured that a man held a vile of dragon blood, which she was sure would cure him. After breaking into the house of the man who she was sure had the vile, she found what she desired and slit the old man's throat while he slept. After the dragon blood entered Osmith IV's system he was healthy as ever (he does not remember this because he was so young and is mother never told him). Osmith IV is now 24 years of age and decides to head to Skyrim and continue his family's terrible legacy of EVIL. After killing 25 people just inside Skyrim's border he was taken for execution.

Lafayette Soileau

Mar 6, 2012
My character is an Altmer named Balflear...looks like Balthier in FFXII...for some obvious reasons. Well, he is a former Thalmor Justiciar, placed there by his father, but he didn't like their views so he went rogue. He hopes to be the richest (no sky pirates in skyrim) ''road'' pirate I guess. Someday he's gonna meet a beautiful redguard and marrry her. Obviously there is no guns but hes an excellent archer, good in sneak and pickpocket. He was caught at the frontier because he is a wanted ''road'' pirate.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
My character, a Khajiit named Nihil, is a descendant of my Champion from Oblivion, also a Khajiit named Nihil. You see, after the events of Oblivion, the Champion eventually left Cyrodiil for Elsweyr, where he started a family before his mysterious disappearance (obviously he left for the Shivering Isles to fully take over his role as Sheogorath, but he never told anybody). His family would continue the Champion's legacy by making adventuring something of their family business, with every member of the family (every combat-capable and reasonably hominid-shaped member, anyway) being expected to spend a portion of their life adventuring in some other province as a rite of passage.

Not everything was all monster-slaying and treasure-hunting, however; unlike the rest of Elsweyr, the Champion's descendants were bitter at the Thalmor over their attempts to take credit for his heroism during the Oblivion Crisis, and members of the family would often speak out against the Thalmor or even covertly undermine their goals. The Thalmor eventually got fed up with them, and attempted to wipe them out (one of those "purges no one ever hears about" that Delphine mentions before you start "Diplomatic Immunity") when Dragonborn Nihil was just a cub. Being a family of badass adventurers, the family eventually fought off the attacking Thalmor force, but not without heavy casualties, leaving Nihil motherless and with a deep-seated hatred of the Thalmor and every injustice they represent.

The remaining family would leave Elsweyr soon after and go into hiding in Cyrodiil, where Nihil would learn the arts of swordsmanship and archery before, like every member of his family before him, being sent on his adventuring rite of passage... To Skyrim, and his destiny.

... And now I feel filthily nerdy for having thought all that up. >.<

TheUnkn0wngamer

Inter-Dimensional Cyber Ninja
Nov 29, 2009
My second Skyrim character is Osmette II, daughter of Osmith IV. She hated her father for he relied only on swords and axes, blunt weaponry. She quickly become head of the College of Winterhold and began studying time travel. She discovered the time rip at the Throat of The World and found the Elder Scroll and was able to alter the rip and take herself back to the beginning of whole Alduin ordeal to show to magic and cunning would prove to be better than brute force. She left at the age of 23, losing all her magical ability in the cross over to the past. The only thing she retained was the Elder Scroll and after she was caught with it she was taken to be executed for apparently stealing the Elder Scroll.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
My male Breton, Brandar, was just a few days old when Forsworn Markarth fell to Ulfric Stormcloak. A Nord in the Imperial Army took pity on the child and raised him as his own (hence the very Nordic-sounding name for a Breton). Upon reaching maturity, Brandar was told about his heritage. Gathering his possessions, the young man set out on a journey to travel the Empire and discover who he truly was, regardless of heritage. He travelled through High Rock and was just starting to explore Cyrodiil when he received news that his father had been killed in the line of duty. The devastated Brandar hurried back to Skyrim to learn what happened, but got caught in an Imperial ambush soon after crossing the border. And the rest, as they say, is history...

It can also be summarized with this quote:

"I'm gonna take this here mace, and WHAM! Make blood pudding from your brains. So go away."
- The Knight (Lords of the Realm 2)

Amin Siddiq

Jun 6, 2012
My character Elian (Nord) was a noble man who was sent to skyrim for an errand for his father (business negotiations). On the way he was captured by stormcloaks as he was in their territory. On the way back to windhelm they were attacked by Imperials. Elian was knocked out. At the begginig of the game you see him on a cart with Ralof.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
My character is an Argonian named Glaukos that loves using magic with the gold old fashioned sword as his back up weapon. He was born in Black Marsh and went to Cyrodiil to learn basic magic. When he did, he went north to Skyrim unknowingly illegally.

When he was caught and brought to Helgen he escaped with Hadvar seeing as how he attempted to save him from being executed. After being helpful around skyrim, Glaukos learned he had an attraction for Human women, he first decided to propose to Lydia but she rejected him. Later he met a young lass in Solitude named Jordis the Swordmaiden and with that married her and went off the save the world, but not before joining the Imperials after finding out the Stormcloaks were oppressing his fellow Argonians.

----------

My other character is the Kahjiit God of Terror, Kazak. Kazak was seen using his powers irresponsibly and was sent my Akatosh down as the Dragonborn, he decided to shape Skyrim to be ruled by him and him alone. He refused magic, finding pure strength in heavy armor and weaponry is what made him powerful. He also had a thing for hoods, whenever he was anywhere, he loved his adept hood, despite only using Healing Spells. Kazak married multiple women, every night you could hear him and them making quite a bit of noise in white run. Besides that, he immediatly joined the Stormcloaks feeling that by taking down the empire, he had little to stand in his way, even the Thalmor would tremble at his might. He also killed off the Blades, seeing their usefulness come to an end after being given Odahviing. The only people who were spared mercy from his terror were Paarthurnax, the Grey Beards, and his wives.

Also, After helping out the people of Falkreath Kazak wiped them out off the map.

Voldekiin

Jul 6, 2012
My character is a Nord male named Torgen. He is two-hundred and twenty-two as of Skyrim. It all started out in Cyrodill... He was in the Marketplace, age twenty-one, during a tourist visit if the Imperial City when what appeared to be a Breton thief in leather armor ran past Torgen and dropped a strange Dagger at his feet. The Dagger appeared to be made out of Ebony, and it had a strange red glow to it, as well as a red leather grip. He picked up the Dagger out of curiosity when three guards came bursting out from the gates with their swords drawn. All evidence pointing to Torgen, he was arrested and put in the Imperial Prison, where he was constantly harassed by a very rude Dunmer. When the Emperor came and the events of Oblivion happened, Torgen became the Champion of Cyrodill. During those events, he also killed the Dark Brotherhood speaker Lucian Lachance. After Oblivion, Torgen read in the Black Horse Courier about a strange door near Bravil. He went to the door, where he was warned by a guard not to go in. However, he couldn't resist the strange feeling he got from the door. He went in, and the events of the Shivering Isles played out. Now the new madgod, Torgen/Sheogorath greatly enjoyed his life as madgod. Watching the Aldmeri Dominion rise, Sheogorath consulted Azura and Malacath, who agreed that something had to be done. They went to Akatosh and begged for help. Akatosh then asked Mehrunes Dagon to start a war so the Empire could drive out the Thalmor. Mehrunes started the great war and did what the gods asked and helped the Empire. But he couldn't help adding a twist. The Thalmor won and the Stormcloaks rose. Old Torgen decided that Skyrim needed a hero. So he took Boethiah and went to Akatosh yet again to ask for help. Akatosh said that he would have to bring back the Dragonborn. So Torgen made a reincarnation of himself, already grown-up and implanted with a false memory. And as Old Torgen watched new Torgen fight for the Stormcloaks and kill the Dragons, he looked down with pride.

Cosmosis

Mar 12, 2012
Dude was trying to live a normal life.

Then he got caught by the man, then they're like "save the world."

and he's like

"dammit"