What's your take on the English riots?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well, there might be some people thinking they are legitimately protesting against something or other, but that does not give a horde of vermin the excuse to steal and/or burn down things at random.

Ok, so, you say you're angry with the government, or the government's policy on ____. So you steal from a supermarket and set a police car on fire. What the fuck sort of insane troll logic is that?

stabbymcstabs

Jun 16, 2011
Valagetti said:
Personally I blame videogames for some random irrelevant reason...
No wait thats politicans attempting to gain popularity over people who can't think for thenselves.
Well it started off with a black guy, being killed by a cop. Yes he was black. But was he a father of four? Or a drug dealer? Or both?
Then the rioters say, their rioting due to police brutality... yeah thats a good way to go about it. Make violence to solve violence, because its worked 100% for the last several thousand years. Poisionous hypocrites. And ones who aren't are natural victims. Getting their lively hood fucked up for oxymoronic reasoning, or just without the oxy.

You put it exactly as i would put it. Just an Excuse thats all it is. Man im a bit ashamed to be English now D:

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
I agree with pretty much everything already said. These people are shit and they are using the death of a man as some sort of bullshit justification for their actions. Fuck all of 'em, and fuck how they're essentially trying to use a stranger they heard about on the news as a sort of martyr.

However, I find it somehow amazing just how much these shitheads can accomplish, even if it's obviously nothing good and just random acts of bullshit and shit fuckery.
If only we were able to take all that energy and through it at researching renewable energy resources, or space exploration or something.

Fuck, who knows where we'd be if people weren't so fucking shit.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
RYjet911 said:
Like there's any stance you can take on the riots other than "bunch of fucktards abusing a peaceful protest to cause chaos".

EDIT: An explanation, to the best of my knowledge, of the events that have unfolded over the last few days.

Man gets shot by police in Tottenham. I don't know all the details, but I heard he was armed, shot at police and was shot back.

Peaceful protest arises, something about anti-guns according to my friend, although I heard it was because friends and family of the man didn't get any information regarding his shooting. Fair enough, they should be let known as soon as possible what's happened, especially considering they shot him dead.

Bunch of fucktards, the usual kind that ruin peaceful protests (Look at 'student' riot footage from earlier this year/last year, can't remember when it was exactly, but it's clear that most of the people causing damage were not a part of the protest, and were also not part of a university) came and began smashing stuff, using the protest as an excuse.

Escalated to the point people could loot without problem. Then Facebook caught wind of it and now everyone with any kind of thuggish mind wants to go and cause chaos in their home towns and cities, with the (rather poor) excuse no longer even applying. They're just doing it because other towns are doing it.

I heard my home town, Stafford, may have been hit, although haven't been able to confirm it yet.
That's basically what I've heard. One detail, the cop that was shot (he was shot) would have been killed if the bullet hadn't been slowed by the radio in his pocket. So yeah, the guy deserved to be shot and killed in my opinion. I'm not happy it happened, but the cops were well within their right to shoot back, or one or more may have been killed by the guy.

As for the looters, they're all dicks. There's just no excuse for this, as I said I believe the cops were in the right, and besides that looting is in no way justifiable. First, how is it even a protest? They just want free shit. Second, it's not like this is harming the government anywhere near as much as it's harming shopkeepers, people in the way and all the people whose houses have been robbed. No, I'm hoping the rubber bullets are brought out soon, and anyone caught gets a hefty fine. At least that could minimise the cost of damages.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
So, what do you think about them?
Do you think that these people have the right to riot?
Do you think that they are sick, greedy human beings?
Do you think that some Libyan TV presenter loyal to Gaddafi is controlling the riots using his power over spirits?

Do you even care!?

(i do, it's just that some people won't)
What do I think about them? These kids didn't riot because they had no rights, they rioted because they wanted to break shit and steal TVs. They are violent criminals.

Do I think people have the right to riot? No. Under no circumstances does any person have the right to harm another person or their property. People who do that are criminals.

Do I think they're sick, greedy human beings? I think that they're entitled little shits who, one way or another, will live off of taxpayer money their whole lives.

Do I think that some Libyan TV presenter is ...wait, what? No, don't be stupid. These people are criminals. This requires no further explanation.

Do I care? London is my home. They are shitting where I eat. I have never been angrier about anything in my life. You might say I care, yes.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Watching the news from Australia, they look like a bunch of fuckwits who need the army to come in and help the police give them a thoroughly good arse-kicking.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Simple-minded human beings doing what they do best: smash, grab, grunt, run, throw. I use the term "human beings" loosely because they seem more akin to animals

Chumba

Nov 9, 2009
Hosker said:
Simple-minded human beings doing what they do best: smash, grab, grunt, run, throw. I use the term "human beings" loosely because they seem more akin to animals
Most animals at least know it's a bad idea to shit in their own nest.

Best solution to this would be once they've arrested the thugs and looters is to put them in a room, tie them to a chair. Then open the door and let in every single victim now rendered homeless, small business owners whose livelihoods are wrecked and the workers from the larger companies who are now unemployed. Then just leave them to it, that'll show them how bad the mob mentality works when the tables are turned.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
My opinion on how to deal with these stealing, rioting twat bags

FIRE and lots of it.

Also has anyone seen the PM talking about how these dicks will be punished to the fullest extent of the law? It might be just me but to me he does not exactly inspier confidance. He sounds weak and ineffective.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Um ... I've been living under a Mass Effect 2 rock these days, so I'm not very familiar with these riots. Can someone explain to me what the fuss is about?

But to my knowledge, these are looters who pillage and destroy everything ... so, yeah, kill em all.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
They don't have the right to riot, but that's irrelevant since rioting is what they are doing, right or not.

The root causes of the riots are social ones, and the long term solution must address the social problems. Otherwise it is a downward spiral with rioting leading to more authoritarian policing leading to more rioting and round and round it goes. If the policing gets worse then the rioters may gain more support from those that are currently against them or indifferent.

But in the short term, I think it's clear that the police lack any kind of higher brain function, so by all means bring in the army, water cannon, tear gas, those sound cannons that cause disorientation and vomiting, whatever works. My little sister is living in central London.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Seen it all before, it's nothing new.

I love how all the Londoners are all in a huff over these riots yet they happen on a regular basis in the north and you don't hear them giving a toss then.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
As someone who works in a shop in Birmingham suburb nearby to the city centre (where the main rioting has been happening), it frightens me to think that we could be next.
Yesterday we got word through on the shop radios that gangs of youths were planning on attacking our area. A lot of shops closed up, and I tell you, I was pretty scared. In the end nothing happened, but it was better to be safe than sorry.
There is very little we can do to stop these thugs destroying our livelihoods, homes and futures. In my opinion the police need to use more force in order to control the yobs. The police are ineffective as scare tactics because they are unable to follow through with their threats of violence and control (which I partly blame the media for). Nowadays if a policeman hit someone with his baton it's an infringement of human rights, or whatever they think they can get away with. I hate how people are blaming the police; they are doing all they can to help but they can't be everywhere at the same time.
These rioters are not rioting because of the man who was shot dead by police a few days ago. They are opportunists looking for trouble; blaming the government 'or somet, innit' because they are bored and have nothing better to do. It sickens me when I see reports on the TV and Internet showing shops that I frequently vist, with shattered windows and looted stock.
Tonight we face another wave of attacks, round more of the northern suburbs of Birmingham and no doubt the centre itself. I hope to go into the city centre tomorrow to catch a train to Coventry to see my other half, but currently I don't want to go, because I am so scared.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Sizzle Montyjing said:
So, what do you think about them?
Do you think that these people have the right to riot?
Do you think that they are sick, greedy human beings?
Do you think that some Libyan TV presenter loyal to Gaddafi is controlling the riots using his power over spirits?

Do you even care!?

(i do, it's just that some people won't)

EDIT: Some people think i'm just joking about the Libyan TV presenter, but i'm deadly serious.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.305813-Libya-proud-of-England-Riots
Firstly, no one ever has the right to riot, in my opinion, if the circumstances are dire enough to riot, it would be something everyone would be saying 'ah, their finally rioting over the [INSERT YOUR ATROCITYHERE]'. These fucks are just whining about nothing we can understand, that makes it wrong.

Question 2, yes and yes, I can't wait for them to see justice, preferable jail time for 5-10 years.

Not in the slightest.

Yes I do care, the 'good' people of London don't deserve the fate that has befallen them, I'm sure many people have been killed, many businesses wrecklessly burnt, damaged or destroyed, I just hope it can be ended soon, and WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE PPLLEEAASSEE ARM the law enforcement in circumstances like this? They resist, shoot to wound, otherwise they can co-operate and be arrested, possible receive less jail time.

Does anyone else want peace and justice? Or am I basically alone?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
brunothepig said:
That's basically what I've heard. One detail, the cop that was shot (he was shot) would have been killed if the bullet hadn't been slowed by the radio in his pocket. So yeah, the guy deserved to be shot and killed in my opinion. I'm not happy it happened, but the cops were well within their right to shoot back, or one or more may have been killed by the guy.
The riots have nothing to do with the earlier protest, but FWIW no police officer was shot, the illegal gun found at the scene had not been fired, and the bullet lodged in the police radio was a police bullet. That's all according to the IPCC investigation so far.

Who are all these people who "don't know all the details" but "have heard" a load of bull? How hard is it to go to the BBC News website?

beniki

May 28, 2009
It fills me with impotent rage and frustration. I don't understand why they're doing this, and I don't understand why it's taking the authorities so long to wheel out the big riot equipment. And I can't do anything to help my friends and family back home whilst I'm here in Japan.

For fucks sake. I survived through that god damn earthquake just to have some kids tear apart my home? If they're that free with their time, bring them here. There's some clean up work around a nuke reactor they could be doing.

ComprehensiveGoo

Feb 20, 2011
This more or less sums up how I fell...
Hello Rioters
Look at your Friend, now back to me
Now at your friend, now back to me
Sadly, he isn?t me
But if he stopped using petrol bombs
And started using Job centre he could potentially be me
Look down, Back up. Where are we?
You?re at an interview with the man your friend could work for.
What?s in your hand? Back at me.
I have it. It?s an application form to that job you need.
Look again. The form is now money.
Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting.
I?m on a horse.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
The majority of them are just doing it to jump on a bandwagon because they think it's fun or whatever. Eg: The news asked some girl rioter why she was doing it, she just said she can do whatever she wants. There's England for you.
And the people with "real reason" to do it are still unjustified, the victims are innocent bystanders, they haven't done anything to these people, and they're coming and destroying their lives.

There are rioters in Gloucester right now, so I'm worrying for my life over here.

Conza said:
Yes I do care, the 'good' people of London
Not just London unfortunately, there are riots in a lot of places now. The news is pretty much inadvertently giving a call to arms.