When did you get your first M rated game?

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Or just graphically violent game if your selection predates ESRB or you live in a region that doesn't use it.

Mine was the first Killzone when I was 14. I had discussed it with my parents and they decided that at that point I was at an age where it wouldn't warp my then fragile little mind. I'm also pleased to report that as an adult I have never had any urge to murder the innocent. Could it be Fox News has been *gasp!* overreacting?!

So what age did you get you first 18+ game? If you were under 18 did playing the game in fact turn you into the cannibalistic puppy raping terrorist that Fox claimed it would?

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
I believe it was Grand Theft Auto III at age sixteen, and I've been running over hookers ever since.

EDIT: Well, technically, Mortal Kombat was the first graphically violent game I played. GTAIII was the first one I bought, though.

JAYSEE DENTUHN

Feb 7, 2011
Metal Gear Solid 3. When I was 13? Somewhere around there.

That game turned me into a man. I cried at the ending. It's a god damn passage to manhood, that there game.

rickvhoeij

Feb 8, 2011
Does Wolfenstein 3D count? Don't know if there were ratings back then but I was about 6 or 7 years old.

I have played alot of games since then, still haven't killed, assaulted or raped anybody in my live. According to Fox News I must be the next Messiah :)

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I got Unreal Tournament when I was 9. It was a gift from my aunt who didn't know anything about videogames.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
GTA: San Andreas at age 11, secondhand I think. Me and my brother play the shit out of that game.

NOT THAT IT WARPED ME!

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
It was assassins creed and I got it when I was 14-15 years old and no I haven't become a crazy,roof jumping, knife-bearing,murder.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Halo when I was about 6 or 7.

Also I must be a jerk and point out a rated M game is at 17+ not 18.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
I was 12 or so when I played GTA2.
To be fair you can't really compare M rated games from that time with today's.
Rolling over people in GTA2 with a tank was basically as violent as jumping on stuff in super mario: flattened pixels.

I would not give any 12-year-old a game like Bulletstorm. He might discover one or two new words.

karatekid19

Feb 6, 2011
I think mine was either Halo 1 or 2 (can't remember exactly) when I was 14 or 15. It was interesting, but I had seen it played and didn't see the big deal with the 'M' rating; it just seemed like another game. However, even then, I was one of the few kids at my school who hadn't played a 'M' rated game. Even after playing M-rated games for a while I have still been told that I am/have been one of the kindest people in the group

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Hmm.. I played GTA San Andreas at my friend's house around age 12, but I never actually owned one till I was about 14 and bought my Xbox 360 along with Halo 3.

EDIT: Actually I must have played stuff before GTA at age 12. I played the first 2 Halo's at my friend's house too, I just really can't remember what age.