When did you get your first M rated game?

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Mine was Resistance: Fall of Man. Can't remember how old I would've been at the time.

Anyways, I had always been an Insomniac Games fan. Ratchet and Clank was the first T rated game I ever played (I know, my parents paid attention to ESRB ratings, yet were still fairly lenient about them. Shocking isn't it, there are good parents in the world!), and I was old enough to handle a bit of horror and gore, so my parents were a little bit hesitant, but got me it. I think I might have played a few M rated games before that, but none that really stand out, and that was the first one I had bought for me.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
my first M-rated game was conkers bad fur day when i was like 10 (yeah, my parents really didnt care :p), and i dont smoke, drink, gamble, or any other things that kids supposedly emulate from video games.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil for the big N. My dad bought it for me when I was 10 after seeing it in the store and convincing him that I wouldn't be scared......

I was scared.

But it didn't stop me playing and it certainly didn't turn me into some cannibalistic rapist swine.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Eternal darkness: sanity's requiem, I believe I got it during 2005 so I would have been about 16 at that time. And it came along years after my feelings of rage, which started when I was around 9 or 10 and the only video game systems I had was a game boy advance and a old PC.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Red Faction. Don't quite remember when, I think I was twelve. Awesome game at the time.

EDIT: No wait, I played GTA 3 over at a friends house when I was younger than that. I was mystified and thrilled at the freedom. Still my favorite of the GTA's.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
probably when I was around twelve, the 3rd Prince of Persia Sands of Time game. of course I had played M games before, though.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
max payne. surprisingly. i think it was max payne. at age, oh, i dunno, 14 or so. dont seem to have any overwhelming urges to fall sideways in slow motion, so i guess it was alright.

noahqb2

May 29, 2010
the first silent hill when i was 6. I played with my dad because he thought i might be scared. he had nightmares for 2 weeks and i saw no problems. :)

Sep 14, 2009
mortal kombat when i was like 3-4?

then resident evil when i was 5, and then i'm sure there were a couple in there..played doom once if i remember right.

also, conkers bad fur day at age 10 =] i was so overjoyed and addicted to that game!

but overall, now a days, i seriously doubt it has affected me at all, i have yet to ever get into a fist fight with anyone (beyond my brothers and dad, but that was just tough love) and i never attack/harass/pick on anyone, so yeah...take that fox news?

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I had a few demos of high-rated games on my old Playstation 1 when I was really young, ratings probably about 15-16 and I was mabey 8? Well, close enough. Then came GTA: Vice City when I was 10, that was the first rated (above a universal 3+ rating anyway) full game I played ever. Actually, thinking about it, Bioshock was the only other 18 rated game I've enjoyed other than the GTA series.

My first 16+ game was, ironically, at an older age than when I played Vice City; I got Halo 1 for Christmas while I was 14 (which I thought was fantastic because my parents are really strics about ratings. Yeah they didn't exactly know I was playing GTA. ...actually, they STILL don't approve of me playing GTA now I'm above the age imit.)

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Vice City and GTA III. I got the double pack and let me tell you, it BLEW MY MIIIND! I was like what, 12? Yes, 12, because fuck ESRB.