When I first came onto this board the topic of the week was whether lolicons were paedophiles...

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
Seeing the influx of topics on drowning made me think back to those threads and all the debates in them and made me curious as to what topics were hot when other escapists first joined, care to tell?

Dec 14, 2009
I don't remember.

That's how long ago it was :D

I do remember that VS threads were a lot more common back then, but whether they were 'flavour of the month', I couldn't say.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
It was Zynga, because that was the year they almost won March Mayhem. I joined so I could vote in that.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
daystar clarion comments on every siingle thread,,,its what he does..and im sure his friends everyone....we should make a Thread dedicated to daystar clarion.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I think it may have been versus threads and "favorite game" threads.
Also, threads I made. Looking back, I made a ton of really shitty threads asking questions I could have just googled. That's probably why I lurk so much now <.<
TopazFusion said:
Skyrim I believe.

All throughout November and December 2011 the forum was swamped in Skyrim threads.
Oh man, I remember those days. That was a fun time to be here, I tell ya.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I don't remember but If my post history has anything to say about it,
It seems the flavor of the month was "Geek identification"
I guess nothings changed...

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I joined in 2008.

I can't even remember what the hot topics were last week.

You do the maths.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I don't remember because it was two years ago and I never posted. When I started posting regularly at the end of last year it was mainly Skyrim.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I really cannot remember at all, although I do remember that there used to be a lot more "Your favourite x" threads.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I remember many trends on the forums but I can't seem to remember a trend when I joined. I remember there was a really stupid review of the Metal Gear Solid series (I remember because responding to that review was my first post) and I remember anime recommendation threads were in a few months afterwards, but I don't recall what was the topic that everyone was talking about. Maybe there wasn't. Who knows?

Calumon: I don't know... people were talking about a bunch of stuff. Mostly what anime they should watch and taking suggestions while probably never following up on them.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
When I joined there was a whole lot of "Yahtzee isn't funny any more" threads.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
xshadowscreamx said:
daystar clarion comments on every siingle thread,,,its what he does..and im sure his friends everyone....we should make a Thread dedicated to daystar clarion.
You might wanna talk about the topic at hand... Coming into a thread and saying something completely irrelevant and just leaving it might get you in a teeny bit of trouble.
Just a friendly warning.

OT: Honestly, I can't remember. Looking at my old posts... graphics in games? I posted everywhere so I'm not sure. Seemed to be a lot of funeral talk too :s

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
I believe it was zombies when I joined. Zombie apocalypse role plays, survival plans, debates between fast and slow zombies, you name it.

I don't remember if a big zombie game had just come out or what.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I think there were a lot of pony threads, but I don't quite remember. I watched videos here for a while before I made an account.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
I joined right around the time tf2 went f2p apparently. good times halve the threads were people complaining about the having paid for a game that went free, the other half were people looking for advice.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Nope, I don't remember. It might have been topics to do with games showcased at E3 in 2011.