When was the last time something made you actually cry/tear up?

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Simple question about emotions.

I rarely ever cry. If I do its never over anything that is fiction. Well, I just came the closed I have to actually shedding a tear about an hour ago after watching what has so far been released of the anime Kotoura-san
I FUCKING LOVE THIS ANIME. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, BUT I ACTUALLY FEEL EMOTIONS FOR THESE PEOPLE. WHY. THE PREMISE ISN'T EVEN POSSIBLE IN THE REAL WORLD. NO PERSON HAS PSYCHIC POWERS. I CAN SEPARATE FICTION FROM REALITY. I WATCHED AND ENJOYED THE MOST MIND-FUCKING CARTOONS AS A CHILD AND I TURNED OUT FINE, BUT SHOW ME A GIRL THAT HAS BEEN HURT BY LIFE AND I TURN INTO A LITTLE BABY. (and caps lock off...)

Okay, back to reality to try to rationalize this.

Well, I guess its because I kind of identify with the main character. I was always the weird child, the one that was teased for being different than everyone else. So I guess that's a reason that I feel for these people, but it still doesn't explain why I actually teared up. Maybe I'm just growing soft, but somehow I doubt that. Maybe its just because the show is just sad, but that can't be right! I mean, its listed as a Romantic Comedy! ITS A COMEDY FOR PEAT'S SAKE!

Well, as it stands i'm gonna keep an eye on this show as it progresses. I hope it isn't this sad every episode (but part of me wants it to be.)/endrant
Other than that I did wake up crying after a dream a while back, but all I can remember about the dream is that I was being left behind from a group because I had been bitten by a zombie.

So, when was the last time something (either in media or IRL) made you cry?

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I recently played through the Walking Dead.

Yeah.

Leaving Andy St. John to die
Mercy killing Duck
Kenny mercy killing Ben
The ending, obviously

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
End of Watch.

I don't really want to reveal why (for fear of spoilers) -- and maybe I'm just too easy -- but I got fairly emotional while watching it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well though I could say when I rescued those dogs from the streets and had them in my home despite hating dogs, well I was panicking and I most certainly wanted to cry but I didn't actually cry, just bitched a lot on the Internet, so I guess the last time would be on Otober, I'm not even sure why, one day I just didn't want to go to work and I started crying, it was really weird, specially since I rarely ever cry, I mean last week I burnt my arm and was actually able to see inside my skin, in fact that wound still hurts, but I shrugged it off like it was nothing until I took a look at it and it looked disgusting, but I guess maybe I deal quite easily with pain, can't say I understand how emotions work all that well though.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Live music makes me tear up something awful. I don't know why, it just always has.

Then I went and watched Les Miserables. These two things do not mix well it seems and despite feeling the movie itself fell pretty flat, I was streaming through the whole thing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The ending of The Walking Dead videogame made me cry the hardest I ever have. I can't wait to see what this medium can do next with story and characters!

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
The ending of the Lord of the Rings, movie or book, gets to me quite easily. I think that was the last time media drove me to tears when I re-watched it last year.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
uchytjes said:
I just read about a little girl named Tanya Savicheva [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_Savicheva], she saw her whole family slowly die one by one in front of her and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She later also died...alone...with nobody who loved her by her side. The worst part is, is that she was only 14 years old and she is forgotten.

She kept a dairy too, and this is what she wrote...

"Zhenya died on Dec. 28th at 12:00 P.M. 1941
Grandma died on Jan. 25th 3:00 P.M. 1942
Leka died on March 5th at 5:00 A.M. 1942
Uncle Vasya died on Apr. 13th at 2:00 after midnight 1942
Uncle Lesha on May 10th at 4:00 P.M. 1942
Mother on May 13th at 7:30 A.M. 1942
Savichevs died.
Everyone died.
Only Tanya is left."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't cry, but I did feel very depressed for such an innocent soul.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
This music video, last weekend. I can probably count on one hand the number of non-personal events that have made me cry, but still, this video...

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Yesterday when watching the following scene from Justice League Unlimited:
It's moments like this that makes DCAU Batman my favorite superhero.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Tanis said:
Recently re-watched The Lion King, so...
I find this relevant...<.<

OT: I'll tell you tomorrow after my uncles funeral...<.<

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
I was studying for an exam last week while listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. The ending of the third instalment nearly got me. I don't even know why.

Other than that Tangled had me tearing up recently, I guess because I sympathized with the king and queen a great deal.