When you get out of bed late at night

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Walk as slowly as possible, so i don't trip on random stuff laying across the room, seriously ts's like a death trap.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
I usually just walk back to my room in the dark with no difference. When I was younger, I used to get up in the middle of the night and just walk around my house just for the hell of it. Sometimes I'll go to my house's living room after getting up and just sit down on the couch for no real reason.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
SycoMantis91 said:
Monkeyman O said:
I dont turn on the lights at all. I stay in the dark so I can pee without really waking up. Also I pee into the bath tub and just turn on the shower for a second so I don't have to aim.
Ingenious.
You should add something to this post, or you could receive a warning for low content. Just add a sentence or something quick to embellish when you don't have much to say.

OT: I walk, but I have to force myself to. With 2 roommates in a small apartment, and I'm the night owl, I try to be as quiet as possible. Doesn't mean that I don't feel nervous though...

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I used to be like you when I was just a little kid. I never believed in ghosts but when I would go downstairs it was like I was always seeing things out of the corner of my eye and I would run back upstairs like a maniac. To counter it, I pretended I had a ghost guard dog that followed me around and would protect me. I sounds pretty bullshit but it worked for me.

Anyway, I grew out of that a while ago. I sneak to the bathroom and back and usually don't turn on the lights. Besides, my mum would be rabid if I started running around at 3am. I makes an ungodly amount of noise.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
My bedroom door is face to face with the bathroom door. Literally it's two steps at the most. I rarely turn any lights on at all. Open the door, 2 steps, pee, 2 steps, in my bed.

The most annoying/frustrating thing about that is my cat likes to lay in the middle of doorways. I can't tell you how many times I've cussed out that cat because he was under my feet and I couldn't see him.

Sometimes if I have to poop, I won't turn the lights on in the bathroom and just use my cell phone light. It's pretty cool actually. Kinda makes me feel like I'm not in my own house and that I may actually have to "survive" instead of just casually walking to the bathroom to poop.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I tend to get up to use the toliet only when I need to go however these days I'm getting up to spit out my morning breath (I really can't stand when it pile up in my mouth and I don't want to use up my tissure to spit onto it.
As to getting there, the street lights outside illuminate the inside of the house which is enough for me to proceed without acting like a blind bat. I sometime stiuck my arms out just in be on teh safe side (I bump into stuff one or two time).

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
Even in complete and total darkness, I walk. Not afraid of the dark tbh.
Though if I were to run, I'd probably trip over something or run into something and cause physical harm to my body, so it doesn't make much sense to run anyway.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I draw the hand crafted, expertly polished, Battle Ready Katananana ((375$ on Ebay)) and slowly walk down the hallway in a battle ready stance in case anything pops out.

Then my foot touches a blanket or something on the floor and i scream like a little girl and take a hamster sized chunk out of the wall.

My land lord hates me.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
ChildofGallifrey said:
SycoMantis91 said:
Monkeyman O said:
I dont turn on the lights at all. I stay in the dark so I can pee without really waking up. Also I pee into the bath tub and just turn on the shower for a second so I don't have to aim.
Ingenious.
You should add something to this post, or you could receive a warning for low content. Just add a sentence or something quick to embellish when you don't have much to say.

OT: I walk, but I have to force myself to. With 2 roommates in a small apartment, and I'm the night owl, I try to be as quiet as possible. Doesn't mean that I don't feel nervous though...
Much appreciated. I'm still on the new side.

thegamermn

Jan 30, 2009
First house my family owned...usually ran. For whatever reason I always got the sense that there was something behind me. Also had a weird ticking noise that I'd only hear when I was trying to sleep. had to sleep with a pillow over my head. That house was weird...either way. Long story short: I used to. then we moved and now not so much.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I keep my eyes open for zombies and check to see if any tiny serial killers have sneaked in while I was in the can.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Even though the bathroom is just a stone's through away from my bedroom, I used to be terrified of the dark and dart from room to room so I could avoid it as soon as possible. Now, it's just so I don't wake up my mom [small](light sleeper and all)[/small]. :p

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
SycoMantis91 said:
Much appreciated. I'm still on the new side.
Happy to help. Just stay away from one or two word posts, outright attacks on other members or anything admitting or advocating piracy and you'll be fine =)

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I own the night, I fear nothing. In fact, one would best describe my movements late at night as a swagger.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Call me crazy but I'm the opposite of afraid of the dark. I'll switch the toilet light on and then screw my eyes into the tiniest squint so the harsh light doesn't get in, so I can see just enough to do what I have to do.

Turning the bathroom light off again at the end actually comes as a relief for me.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I walk without bothering to turn on any lights. I know where to step to avoid stepping on something and I know the way. I am not afraid of the dark so there's really not much to my night walks.