When you get out of bed late at night

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Amberella said:
The dark doesn't bother me. I can walk around my house in pitch darkness. Only thing I need to be worried about is where my cats are lying down. I have a tendency to step on them if I'm not cautious. xD
Yeah stepping on a cat in the dark while half asleep=Fucked up ankles and lower calfs

OT:I know my way around my house so the dark doesn't bother me but like Ambrella i have to watch out for my cats (sometimes they hide at the top of the stairs!! swear their trying to kill me)

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Vault101 said:
depends on my state of mind

somtimes Im fine, somtimes I can freak myself out
That. Like, if I've been watching, I dunno, something happy, and I go out there and do whatever, I won't be scared. But if have just finished reading a horror story/playing Amnesia/etc. then yeah, I'm in freak out mode.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
My toilet is about a 10 foot walk from my bedroom, and I'm so used to it I don't turn on the lights. I'm pretty good about not dribbling. As for washing, it's not like I'm pissing on my hands. I grabbed a part of my body for 30 seconds, then went back to bed. It's like touching your leg, or your armpit. I know I'm going to take a shower with soap when I wake up a few hours later, I don't see a problem with it. If I however take a shit, then yes, I'll wash my hands. Most people don't like having shitty hands. However I've never really been afraid of the dark, it's the things that lurk in broad daylight that scare me, because 99.9% of the time there's nothing there. The other .1% is what the .357 magnum was made for.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I try to keep one eye closed so that when I turn the light off my night vision hasn't gone and I can see where I am going. I then casually walk back to my room.

May 5, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Bah. I am the terror that flaps in the night....
Hey, so am I!

Oh wait, flaps. Never mind.

OT: My bathroom is like, 6 feet away. But to answer your question, I do indeed turn on the light. I don't run though. That would be silly.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
I sometimes wake up for water at around four in the morning. I'm normally too tired and cranky to be afraid of the dark at that time though.
This is how i feel about it.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
That's why I prepare.

On my journey, I turn all the lights that I pass, on. Then as I'm leaving, I turn all of them back off. I stretch my hand as far behind me as I can, as I turn the switch, since I'm not all too comfortable having complete darkness behind me.

Basically all I'm thinking as I leave and walk calmly through the hallway is, "Don't look behind you, Don't look behind you. Just look at the shiny light" (My bedroom light).

I fear the dark too. Not to the extent of a phobia, I'm just extremely uncomfortable with it.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I make sure my path is clean, and that I know it by heart. Then I walk through the dark like so.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
If I go to the kitchen at night, I'll usually do a quick sprint back to my room after shutting off the lights. Bathroom, on the other hand, is just outside and to the left of my room, so there's really no need for any theatrics, though I have quite often reached for the light switch of the opposite room from the "safety" of the room I'm in.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
I actually enjoy it walking through the house at night (especially when I have a headache)
When I was young, I used to be scared as hell and always ran upstairs, but then I forced myself to just slowly walk upstairs without looking back.

I also dislike the fact that you can't look outside when the room is well lit, which makes windows sort of when I turn on the lights.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i dont run
also its rarely dark not that i live in a city but street lights, the moon, the t hub e everything else give off alo of light

sometimes i do think i see this in the dark or start thinking about velociraptors butit never makes me run.

Kizi

Apr 29, 2011
I sneak like a Splinter Cell and try not to wake up my family.
I usually fail miserably.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I just walk. I don't really think about it. I stopped being afraid of the dark when I was about 11. Now I can quite like it; it makes myself difficult to see as well!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I walk slowly to my room (3 steps from the toilet)
and during that I am about to shit my pants every single time...