Where are you from? (New improved edition!)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Spot1990 said:
Unfortunately basically everyone who hangs around the street in that video sounds like that.
I believe it. We have thousands of people 'round here I don't understand because their dialect is too thick.

They'd probably just apologize to you anyway.
That's just a front. Canadians are ruthless.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Finland reporting in.
Lived first 20 years of my life in a small town where everyone knew everyone so everyone knew I listened to heavy metal and played video games.
Now I study in Turku, apparently me wearing heavy metal clothes in a big city is a weird thing o_O
Everyone else wears "normal" clothing while a Iron Maiden t-shirt gives me looks like never before...

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Ireland, Dublin specifically.
Snapsies!

We should use that video in tourist ads for Dublin.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Colour Scientist said:
I'm from Ireland.
You're not from Shametown? Dear God, woman, is your entire profile a lie!!!???
Trust me, I spend enough time there to warrant taking up permanent residency there.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Zhukov said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Zhukov said:
Whaddaya mean "unfortunately"? Irish accents are awesome.
Define "Irish Accent" There are several, which do you refer to? Cork? Donegal? Dublin? There are more than one.
What, you think I can tell the difference? I don't even know what a Donegal is, and I always thought a Cork was that thing you try to aim at your mother-in-law's eyeball when opening a bottle.

Suffice to say, I've never heard an Irish accent that I didn't like.
I wouldn't watch that video I just posted then... Might be a touch disheartening.
Gah!

Why?! Why would you do that?

Colour Scientist, if you sound like that guy I'm going to be heartbroken. Y'hear me? Heartbroken!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
Trust me, I spend enough time there to warrant taking up permanent residency there.
Oh no, you are not Obi-Waning me here!

Spot1990 said:
I'd always suspected it was a clever ploy. Stay vigilant, god only knows when they might invade.
And when they do, it's nothing but maple syrup and poutine!

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Colour Scientist said:
Spot1990 said:
Snapsies!

Just set up a camera outside the Londis on O'Connell street up by Abbey Street. Every time I go in there it's being robbed which means either I am hugely unlucky and always happen to walk in just as a robbery happens or it is just constantly being robbed. Hell that dude would probably turn up in the video running out with a baguette and a carton of milk.
I'd go for the latter option.
We should just put a fence around Talbot Street. :D
Zhukov said:
Colour Scientist, if you sound like that guy I'm going to be heartbroken. Y'hear me? Heartbroken!
Haha, nah, I live in Dublin but I'm from a different part of the country.

I'm also not a junkie.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Spot1990 said:
**SNIP**
We call it "Tallaght" or by it's formal name "strung out junkie who's definitely going to sit beside you on the bus".
Interesting. Here in America, the cataclysmically stoned/drunk/strung-out usually speak what I call speed-english. Basically something you need a former addict to decipher. Interesting how it seems to be backwards across the pond. Even our heroin addicts are a little speedy.

Oct 2, 2012
I'm from Jersey City, New Jersey. I didn't meet too many nerds there. Sure everyone loved video games but they mostly played shooters and sports games. Anime wasn't big, nor were more obscure games. I didn't drop any references or quotes from anything into conversation though since I mostly communicated via insults, swear words and crude jokes.

Now I live in a town in Southern NJ (I won't say where because I hate this place with ever fiber of my being and don't even like typing the name) and there are nerds everywhere. Sadly they mostly conform to the "Basement dwelling, no social skill, neck beard, loser" stereotype D:
But I've found a few nerds that were able to hold a conversation without digressing into how much they want to bang game/anime character X and I've become good friends with them. I also now drop a reference or quote sometimes as bait to see if anyone picks it up and I also wear a Skyrim pendent and an Escapist t-shirt sometimes.

I'm still nerdier than my friends though, but I am introducing them to new things and they're eager to take them up :D

I also met this one girl down here that was a hardcore gamer and anime/manga lover but we don't hang out for some reason.
I should change that :D

Oct 2, 2012
amaranth_dru said:
Spot1990 said:
**SNIP**
We call it "Tallaght" or by it's formal name "strung out junkie who's definitely going to sit beside you on the bus".
Interesting. Here in America, the cataclysmically stoned/drunk/strung-out usually speak what I call speed-english. Basically something you need a former addict to decipher. Interesting how it seems to be backwards across the pond. Even our heroin addicts are a little speedy.
That depends on location. New Jersey folk have a reputation for speaking very quickly compared to the rest of the country. Our addicts tend on speaking slower than the average here but then again we just speak quickly naturally.

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Colour Scientist said:
Spot1990 said:
Colour Scientist said:
Spot1990 said:
Snapsies!

Just set up a camera outside the Londis on O'Connell street up by Abbey Street. Every time I go in there it's being robbed which means either I am hugely unlucky and always happen to walk in just as a robbery happens or it is just constantly being robbed. Hell that dude would probably turn up in the video running out with a baguette and a carton of milk.
I'd go for the latter option.
We should just put a fence around Talbot Street. :D
Can we hold off on that for a bit? I'm living around the corner from Talbot Street until the end of the month. And also pray for me.
I'm sorry, there has to be sacrifices.

It's too late to save you now.

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Spot1990 said:
I swear I'm not infected, I don't even walk around with my hand down the front of my pants or tuck my trousers into my socks or anything.
There might be an incubation period.

I suppose we can just keep you under observation and wait to see if you start asking people for change or fags.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
I'm from Perth, Australia. And the only person I ever found on this site from here was Vault101. And even then I think we lived at opposite ends of the city. I did offer to take her a movie one day, but the logistics of meeting up was too much.

I wear geeky shirts all the time, but it fits in with the relaxed dress code of Perth. No one really cares. So I continue to sport my Borderlands t-shirts with my rainbow mohawk, and enjoy the freedom!

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Rural 'Straya'. NSW to be exact. A major town known for that ear-splitting noise called country music. *shudder*

There's a games group here that's gathered the nerds together, but most if not all of them are M:TG players, or Warhammer players. Not my thing. I have a small group that DM a D&D campaign with, although we haven't played in a while due to personal obligations in recent months. Otherwise, I'm pretty quiet about my geeky side, since as an Australian male, if it's not beer and sport, it's a target on your back.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'm from Stockholm, Sweden, and I'm a meatalhead, not a geek. Some of those around my close area, but I don't talk to them. A few look at me and wait for a response as if to assure themselves that they are metal enough to greet me.
I ignore them.
Posers.

On the serious side I'm not into talking to strangers. Don't find it as easy as I did when I was a teenager, which makes it hard to get new friends. Even harder when all my friends have moved away or I've broken all contact with them for various reasons. Could use some new ones. >.<'

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Welshland/Wales

I don't seek out peopole with the same interest IRL, that seems kinda creepy and what the internet is for.

I sometimes wear a geek t-shirt, but they don't attract the creepy folk looking for similar interest people in public.