Where do you think WW3 will start?

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Too many factors to predict. There will probably be a large global conflict sometime in the future, but where the powers lie when that comes is up in the air. The US is just a couple hundred years old; it's anyone's guess no what the world will look like 100 or so years from now.

Could you imagine how preposterous it might seem to a man of France or the United Kingdom on the eve of WW1 that the US would be a global superpower in just 40 years? That in a few years the German, Austrian, Russian, and Ottoman Empires would all collapse? Russia would collapse, rise from the ashes, and collapse again before the year 2000? They thought we would have flying cars by now.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Some nation in the middle east. Or perhaps between the Korea's or between India and Pakistan. I doubt that any of the major nations will start a full out war right now. It'll probably be like WWI in that it'll be between some smaller nations that will "drag" the rest of the major powers into it.

My bet is on the Korea's right now. The US supports the South while the Chinese are the closest thing the North has to allies. I don't know if the Chinese would support them in a war if the US got involved, but it's the closest thing I see to two major powers going at it.

All in all though, I don't see any world war popping up anytime soon. The thing about war is that we always seem to fully understand it- right before the next one arrives.

notimeforlulz

Mar 18, 2011
Astoria said:
Prince Regent said:
Astoria said:
here in Australia we are getting almost overrun by imagrants and they're trying to change our culture so that's not gonna end well. Somethings gonna give eventually and it won't be pretty when it does. I say the all out world war will start somewhere in the middle east.
Australian culture?
Oh your religious values based upon reverence for the land and your a belief in a "Dreamtime" will all change. Most of those imigrants probably don't even know how to play the didgeridoo.

Good luck in stopping those Imigrants that are "trying to change your culture"
An example is some schools aren't allowed to celebrate Christmas because there is one muslim child at the school. Believe it or not we do have a culture here in Australia and it's being taken away from us.

The thing about the migrants is that they are a valued work force, and they're going to keep flooding here as long as the rest of the world is shit. Even when they're are members of the migrants shouting cultural revolution, they're still not a worry.

It's not anything to do with them 'taking over' or 'changing culture' like some of the migrants claim is the mission, the ones that say that are dip-shits in every sense of the word, how have neither an understanding of Australian migrant history, or Australia in general.

You can not change Australian bureaucracy, for better or worse, full stop. 200 years of migrants coming to Australia and being ostracized, having to put up with being marginalized for 2 decades before their culture intergrates, and what happened to those new migrant communities; they integrated.

Long story short, here in the ol' Down Under, ALL WILL BE ASSIMILATED, RESISTANCE IS HOPELESS. It just takes about two decades for the migrants from different cultural backgrounds to abandon what they were and become dispassionate/bureaucratic like the rest us Australians.

On to the issue of they keep coming here because the rest of the world is shit. Well, there is nothing we can do about that, our country is one of the top 11 most stable countries in the world. The other countries considered to have it as good as us in terms of political and financial stability, here's the list:
Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Netherlands, Finland, New Zealand and Ireland.

And in further perspective of the difference between highly stable countries and others, Finland leads the pack with a large margin, the other 10; TIED AT SECOND PLACE.

That is a really short list. In perspective, China is considered dangerously unstable and it's only halfway down the list. U.S.A is doing pretty well though, rank 19.

SOURCE: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/06/17/2011_failed_states_index_interactive_map_and_rankings

Pretty cool to look at that map, I have a friend in Oman, and that map has Oman and Qatar as the only stable countries, for nearly 2000 miles.

2000 miles. DAMN!

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
The Middle East, if one location.
Middle East, Eastern Asia and possibly somewhere inside of the old Soviet bloc. So pretty much Asia and a little bit of Eastern Europe.
Edit:
Feralcentaur said:
Dumpzillia said:
World War 3 on a Terraformed Moon or Mars... Why has this not been made a Video Game?!
Seriously. Why? Sounds like it would be four types of awesome.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I've had this idea ever since Modern Warfare 2 ended, and I was reading up on characters.

MW3 starts out at Makarov's estate during the raid. Only this time, instead of playing as Roach, you play as Toad with Archer being the guide character. Remember them? They were the two snipers at the beginning of the level. The level proceeds as normal--Archer taking out the jeeps with the javelin while you provide cover fire--and then you witness the betrayal (spoiler alert for the two of you who didn't know). From there, the level involves eluding the enemy forces and getting out of the area. I still haven't figured out if they should die at the end or escape, but I'm leaning toward escape and link up with Price, Soap, and the others.
This would be a perfect way to start a game because A) you're playing as a sniper, so you can learn how to shoot from a safe distance without worrying about return fire. Much more fun that shooting those fake targets at a range. B) It's a shout out to those that played the second game and wraps up a little plot hole. C) You are introduced to all the elements of gameplay right away, just like in the training missions from the other games. Melee attack? During your sneak escape, take out the guy that Archer says. Aim down your sites? You're using a sniper rifle for crying out loud. Grenades and flash bangs? Once again, during your escape. It's all covered.
Is this going to happen? Sadly, probably not. We'll be stuck running some version of "The Pit" AGAIN because they still don't think we know how to play the game.

Fenix7

Jun 14, 2011
karamazovnew said:
Africa? Yeah right, they have constant wars there but nobody seems to care.
If by "nobody seems to care" you mean that everyone is using the intrenal conflicts to sell weapons to them, then yeah you're right.

karamazovnew said:
Israel? Too well defended. Except if they attack first. Which they have done before and again, nobody seemed to care.
Again, your perception of "nobody seems to care" is funny. I live in the middle east and I assure you people care, and they care a lot about what Israel does. Maybe even a bit too much.

karamazovnew said:
So that only leaves Iran and it's the "best" option for an all out world war. They've been surrounded on all sides which almost gives them the right to actually own nuclear weapons for defense. The population is very much behind their leaders. Even the opposition would hate a "liberating US army". The Russians have so far supported Iran and an invasion would plunge the US deeper into recession, China would buy everything in America, raise the dollar, crash the US home economy which would then lead to war with China to recover the assets. By this time Russia would jump to the aid of Iran to get their hands on the whole Middle East. This would draw North Korea out, India might take advantage and attack Pakistan. Israel might nuke somebody or get nuked themselves, well... you got the picture.
I currently (unfortunately) am stuck in Iran and things do look rather dire. USA has been basically invading every neighbouring country they had an excuse to invade (read: Saddam and Bin Laden) and Iran is not happy about it.

You're right though, if the USA tries to invade Iran it'll be much different than Iraq and Afghanistan, and it'd trigger a series of events that could lead to a war of global scale.

But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I personally think the next country that is going to be struck by war is Pakistan. Many things point at that, the evergoing conflict with India, it's support of Afghanistan and most importantly, it's absolutely strategic geographical position. And Bin Laden wasn't "found" there for no reason, after all.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Devon Dent said:
BonsaiK said:
Devon Dent said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?
It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.
India and Pakistan almost went to war in 2001/2002. And they still hate each other.
That wouldn't have been a world war, that would have been an India/Pakistan war.
But it would have been a nuclear war. =D
No it wouldn't, for very obvious reasons. Think about the proximity of those two countries and WHY they hate each other.

Still not a world war anyway.
Well it wouldn't be a world war straight away. But if it went on long enough, and shit got real, other countries could be asked for aid from either side.
The worst that could happen is that the US backs India and then it'd be just like fighting the Taliban again but from the other direction. Not a world war, not even close.
Well I was more thinking the world just says 'screw this' and everyone picks sides because they can. I never once was thinking of this as a real possibility. I would like to think that we as a collective people have learned what we lose from war is no where what we gain, even on the winning side. The exception being the war on terror which, although not a real 'world war' really affects the world scale.
It won't happen, not because we've learned anything from history, but because the world's political, commercial, technological and ideological landscape has changed to the point where a third world war is simply not possible.

notimeforlulz

Mar 18, 2011
Fenix7 said:
karamazovnew said:
But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I personally think the next country that is going to be struck by war is Pakistan. Many things point at that, the evergoing conflict with India, it's support of Afghanistan and most importantly, it's absolutely strategic geographical position. And Bin Laden wasn't "found" there for no reason, after all.
I think maybe I should point continuing on my previous discussion of country stability that Pakistan is ranked 165th worst nation, of 177 nations, and they have nukes. If you've been reading my posts you'll know I don't like Pakistan with nukes. Not one bit. Libya, which is in the throes of civil war right now is 66th.

Pakistan needs to lose the nukes. Or it'll probably be WW3, or called such after the nukes fall.

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
In the year 2XXX with zombies and vampires vs the humans who have advanced technology and the ability to kill them yet its a very hard fight and eventually the humans win due to the fact that the day is ever changing.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Don't know about Dubya-Dubya-Three, but the next huge conflict will likely involve China and /or North Korea.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
ChildofGallifrey said:
The Internet. Eventually all these hacking attacks will cross a line.
You're probably right. Everything starts on the Internet these days, so who's to say that the next big war won't start here, too?

As to which country would start it--either China or North Korea. If China can sustain itself without relying on exporting goods like it does now, then it has nothing to worry about and the country would be in a fantastic bargaining position. North Korea doesn't really interact with the world, it's entire population is militarized, and their leader is batshit insane. Starting a war would be feasible for them and they wouldn't lose much in the way of trade.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
It will start wherever I am at the time.
Or everywhere at once if I can get secret bases/robotic factories which produce robots up all over the planet.

[sup]But that might be WWIV...[/sup]

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
Behind wars there must be huge support. I think internet has destroyed a possibility for that.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
theultimateend said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?
I'm guessing in a special place called "Nowhere".
Seconded, a little thing called mutually assured destruction makes it seem highly unlikely that there will be any global scale conflicts in the near or distant future.
Or if there are any scale conflicts, everyone will just nuke each other anyway and the war will be over in a matter of hours...the war and the world that is

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Likely regional conflicts as global oil production drops, food prices rise, and chronic economic crises lead to more unemployment, higher crime rates, governments and businesses collapsing, etc.

whtkid6969

Jul 11, 2010
Australia. Yahtzee's just going to get pissed off one day, at it'll be the one that finally makes him go on a rampage. So it'll be Yahtzee and his Imp army vs. the World.