Where do you think WW3 will start?

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
World war 3 has been and gone with the cold war can be classified as a world war

"A war involving many large nations in all different parts of the world"

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
It's not really where it will start.

But rather, it will be when it starts. But a matter of where will be very important,

because I look forward to meeting another group of society and being asked "Where were you when the zombies took over?"

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
probably Russia.(assuming the Obama get,s replaced by some idiot who thinks the cold war ended with a ceasefire)
Or N.Korea if the next US president is paranoid.
in any case the US is gonna start it.
PS
or it could be global rebellion against the government due to rising prices on stuff.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
harmonic said:
bahumat42 said:
PMorgan18 said:
Freakout456 said:
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.
Gavrilo Princip started the first World War.
France and England started the second World War.
oh so england invaded poland then
i must of missed that week of history.

/sarcasm
Well, you missed some week(s) of history, because it's not nearly that simple. You can't blame either WW1 or WW2 on any one particular country, or leader. No, you can't even blame the entirety of WW2 on Hitler. You can blame concepts. Imperialism, nationalism, jingoism, political opportunism to name a few.

Back on topic, folks, please stop using this thread as a place to drop extremely trite political statements. Half the posts can basically be summed up as "Amrica sux lolololl."

The world has changed. WW2-style wars, official wars between major powers, are a thing of the past. No major power has anything to gain, and every one of them as everything to lose from such a war. China and the US will never go to war with each other. They MAY be on opposite sides of proxy wars, border disputes, or economic tensions, but you will never see the US Army marching in Beijing, nor the Chinese Army marching into Washington. Never. Same goes for Moscow, Paris, Madrid, Rome, London, Berlin, etc, etc, and their respective militaries. A nuclear war will wipe out the human race before any such eventuality. The most volatile relationships are between India/Pakistan, Isreal/Iran, and North Korea/South Korea.

However, you will see, in the 21st century, a dramatic rise in civil unrest, rogue state and non-state backed violence, and struggles for dwindling resources. The major powers are all highly interdependent, due to a globalized economy and the Internet. The US exports immense amounts of grain, allowing much of the world to continue to eat. The middle east exports all the oil. South America exports all the copper. South Africa the gold. Russia: old, diamonds, gain. The list goes on and on. The world economy is fragile, and states are unstable, and not getting any more stable. THAT is the true danger of the 21st century, and very few countries are immune to it. Not even Australia. ...Maybe Canada. :p
Although you make some good points, you may want to change your tone.
Sounds like your defending Hitler just and teensy weensy bit.
But you can't have war without 2 opposing sides.
I'm not saying your a Nazi, that would be ridiculous, but we did sort of give Hitler a chance with 'appeasment' in which we let him be for a bit but he continued to take land so we got invovlved.

Anyway i think WW3 will be in the middle east or in Korea/China, people keep on going on about how that's 'impossible' but it's a very real threat.
And it will be about oil.
It's always about the oil.

EradiusLore

Jun 29, 2010
Freakout456 said:
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.
first war started with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by serbian nationalists, then everyone had to take sides with people they had alliances with

second world war started because britain declared war on germany because of a treaty we had with poland.

just to note britain was pulled into both wars through treaties they should not have kept. as for ww3 probably some of the newer nuklear powers will start it

Gustavo S. Buschle

Feb 23, 2011
Albert Einstein once said, "I do not know with what kinds of weapons the Third World War will be fought, but the Fourth World War will be fought with sticks and stones."
I don't personally think that after the cold war anyone wants to start another one.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Has to be Germany starting it. They started World War 1 and 2, so they must think "Third times a charm right?"

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
harmonic said:
Ja-lex said:
Although you make some good points, you may want to change your tone.
Sounds like your defending Hitler just and teensy weensy bit.
But you can't have war without 2 opposing sides.
I'm not saying your a Nazi, that would be ridiculous, but we did sort of give Hitler a chance with 'appeasment' in which we let him be for a bit but he continued to take land so we got invovlved.
Really?

I will have whatever "tone" I damn well feel like having. I'm not defending Hitler, obviously. I said, literally, that you can't blame the entirety of WW2 on Hitler alone. That's not defending Hitler. It's called knowing a thing or two about history.
*sigh* what i'm saying is you should always make a point of the neccesity to go to war with Hitler, and tone is very important actually, as it changes peoples perception of you.
And i do know know i thing or to about History, i'm studying it.
And i never said that you were defending Hitler, just that it sounded a bit like it.

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
harmonic said:
Ja-lex said:
ity to go to war with Hitler, and tone is very important actually, as it changes peoples perception of you.
And i do know know i thing or to about History, i'm studying it.
I could care less about your "perception" of me. I know what I think, and if you can't be bothered to carefully read posts, I can't be bothered to waste my time re-explaining them.

I should add that it was your country, along with France who pushed the Treaty Of Versailles. Historians have come to a consensus that that treaty was largely responsible for the turmoil that allowed Hitler to rise to power.
Maybe you should care about peoples perception of you, after all you would spending most of your life with people.
And if you read my post carefully, you would see that i said you made some good points and that a war needs opposing sides.
Maybe it's just the way i've been taught, but you need to have both sides of the argument in their.
And yes, the Treaty of Versailles was another factor, as was the wall street crash, The whole fact that Germany lost WW1.
Both sides are to blame, just balance it out.