Where will the next war start?

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Spicy meatball said:
Iran and N. Korea, Iran speaks for itself but with N.Korea and their testing it will all plummet into a word war.
I don't see how Iran or North Korea can start a world war. It is possible that USA will attack them sooner or later (because lets face it..they can), but there is no way it can escalate into world war. While capable of resistance I think they are too weak and have little to no allies that would back them up.
The only possible world war scenario is confrontation between military superpowers Russia or China vs. USA and NATO which is highly unlikely right now, but it is possible that in next 100 years we'll have wars for food and oil that will grow into world war.

and then US would annex Canada and China and US would go to a nuclear war and then there would be a RL fallout 3 situation. Awesomes!

Cerebreus

Nov 25, 2008
Iraq. I know there's a war already going on there, but once the U.S. leaves, Iran will most likely attack Iraq. Hard feelings still persist from the war they had.

Arach

Jan 1, 2009
I doubt that there'll be another major war as the superpowers are too dependent on each other nowadays. There's constantly smaller conflicts somewhere so war never ends.

Israel is kicking some ass every once in a while and there's always some strife going on in Africa. What worries me the most is probably India and Pakistan as they're both nuclear powers and they really want to beat the crap out of one another if they could.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I say either the middle east (because they're not having a good time), Russia (They're turning into MASSIVE a-holes, I think they're turning communist again), or china (Because they behave like a-holes from time to time as well).

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
The moon if we're lucky.
As that would be a ways off before it would be practical.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Things are really stabilising at the moment with a new and unpredictable American President plus this global recession, no one has the capital - financial or political - to risk a war. Politicians are under immense pressure from their economies, a war is a complication they don't need. Even in dictatorial regimes, the political effects are strong.

Another factor is the falling oil prices, this cripples a lot of rather ill reputed regimes that were only in power due to their oil wealth, now they are on the backfoot and can't afford any confrontation.

I predict that there will be less wars starting and less intense conflict on a global scale as war is mostly fuelled and motivated by money and there just isn't a lot of money (credit) to go around any more.

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Cerebreus said:
Iraq. I know there's a war already going on there, but once the U.S. leaves, Iran will most likely attack Iraq. Hard feelings still persist from the war they had.
That won't even be counted as a war. The second the US leave Iraq, Iran will attack and take over in a matter of weeks

Spicy meatball

Feb 17, 2009
Lucane said:
The moon if we're lucky.
As that would be a ways off before it would be practical.
God, if they blew up the moon we'd be screwed. The tidal control will be lost and we'll be flooded. The moon must be made a DMZ!

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Treblaine said:
Things are really stabilising at the moment with a new and unpredictable American President plus this global recession, no one has the capital - financial or political - to risk a war. Politicians are under immense pressure from their economies, a war is a complication they don't need. Even in dictatorial regimes, the political effects are strong.
World War 2 was started in the middle of a worldwide depression. I don't think the economic issues will be what prevents the next war.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.

Switzerland will declare war on east timor, of course.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Cerebreus said:
I don't think so, Iran mostly had a problem with Saddam's regime, not the country itself, and in an unprecedented gesture Iran offered to assist Coalition forces in toppling the regime. But they were snubbed, UK and US probably did not trust them and they were right as it wasn't long before Iranian weapons and training were being used against Coalition forces though there were many other groups that were active like Al Qaeda and other local insurgents.

The new liberal democratic political system in Iraq is much more suited to subversion than an outright attack, that would be foolish and probably fail from Western military might and may even open up a full scale invasion of Iran a la Iraq-Kuwait circa 1990. Iran would certainly have it's military crippled and likely lose its best men.

The danger from Iran is acute, their nuclear weapons programme, it could make Iran a wild card and effectively untouchable as everyone knows, you don't invade a country that ACTUALLY has weapons of mass destruction, only that you THINK they have them.

This means Iran can be FAR more bold in spreading their Islamic Revolution which has traditionally meant supporting terrorist groups as much as democratic processes. They would never bomb Tel Aviv, that would be stupid as before the dust had even cleared there would be ten thermonuclear missiles aimed at Tehran, either from USA or Israel or whoever.

No but this means Iran can fight an incredibly aggressive proxy war with little fear of retaliation or invasion as it would be too risky. It is true when they say their nukes would be for defensive purposes but likely to defend themselves what would likely be morally indefensible.

PS: I highly doubt they would give it or let a rogue terrorist organisation take their bomb as that negates their purpose as making them invulnerable to attack.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
The next war will be Russia attempting to reclaim another one of their former surrogates. The next World War will be between The U.S, Japan and Turkey.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I'll put my money on WWIII. Contenders: Countries that have a vowel in their name.

Enjoy!

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Well we've all heard the saying "Third time's the charm"...

So it's fairly obvious the germans will try for world domination again.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Ridergurl10 said:
Treblaine said:
World War 2 was started in the middle of a worldwide depression. I don't think the economic issues will be what prevents the next war.
I don't think that is accurate.

It all started to change in 1933 when FDR became president of USA and Hitler seized power in Germany, their take command approach turned their economies around within 5 years both had gotten Time's Man of the Year award mainly for turning around the economies (remember this award was for influence, for better... or WORSE).

Officially, it was over by the mid 1930's and was definitely over by 1939.

I would be inclined to say that it was the boom period after that which precipitated or at least allowed a war of such scale, length and brutality to happen. I mean the high price of oil from such large industrial growth was a major reason for Japan attacking America at Pearl Harbour.