Which Alien Race would you least like to fight?

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
THEMILKMAN said:
Wow, I never even heard of a third of these aliens.

And the aliens from the Aliens movies are called Xenomorphs? News to me. (Its been a LONG time since I've watched any of the movies)
A good chunk of the mentioned races are from the Warhammer 40k universe, which isn't exactly known as a cheery place to live in. Generally anything in that universe will either torture you, kill you, or do a variety of nasty things which make you wish they'd do one of the first two. Lots of death, war and such to go around, and no good guys either just less horrible guys, but still horrible.

The Tau for instance usually give a besieged world the choice between joining them followed by mass sterilisation and brainwashing or annihilation. And these aliens are essentially the closest thing to "good guys" in the entire universe. The rest is much much nastier.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
The Corinians.

Go into the light until we meet again, that's what the Corinians say again and again. Knowledge is power, it grows just like a flower. SALAME'!

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
THEMILKMAN said:
Any alien race from any form of media.

EG: The Flood, Predators, Necromorphs, Locusts, Chimera, etc.

Mine would be the Predators because they use actual weapons and are actually smart and know to hunt their prey.
This. No doubt about it, they would FUCK. ME. UP.
They may have some code of honor like someone previously said, but if I can recall from the movie, predators killed almost every human they saw, except for (if my memory is correct) that one predator at the end of the first AvP movie.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
dkuch said:
The flood by far, they consume planets with no trouble at all. I mean look at the only weapon that can kill them, it has to kill everything else to kill IT.
The Flood is a watered down version of the Tyranids. They can't even grow their own ships, they aren't psionic, they have no inherent space weaponry, their combat forms depend upon the host species (instead of being hulking 4-6 meter tall mostrosities with hides storger than starship armour and 4 scythe-like blades capable of ripping through multiple modern-day tanks with a single swing) and compared to the 'nids, it takes them ages to eat a planet.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
lostclause said:
Hunters from Halo.
Well the hunters really are pussys when you think about it - They were pretty much given all their weapons and armour by the Covenant and Slow-moving, unarmored, and unarmed, they serve no actual combat role Singularily. Thats if they don't have any Scarabs on Earth.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
Has to be the Predator. A fully equiped experienced one would think nothing of taking out an entire Xenomorph army.

Could you imagine how little a chance humanity would stand against a small army of them scattered around the world, where really big trees aren't always accessible and there is a lack of cold mud.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I think the Replicators from Stargate are definitely some of the worse to tangle with - at least other alien races can be defeated by superior numbers and enough expended ammunition. Get one replicator loose and you're screwed before you know it.

CKYNEMESIS

Apr 15, 2009
The Borg, Xenomorphs from the movie Aliens, Necrons, Dark Eldar and Headcrabs from Half-Life.

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
I am compelled by the GW fanboy in me to say that i'd crap my pants if i hear about the nids... i mean wtf? the main hive-fleet hasn't yet entered the galaxy and they're already the biggest threat to life ....... alternatively the necrons(they can be classified as a race)... disintegrating guns...

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Mackinator said:
lostclause said:
Hunters from Halo.
Well the hunters really are pussys when you think about it - They were pretty much given all their weapons and armour by the Covenant and Slow-moving, unarmored, and unarmed, they serve no actual combat role Singularily. Thats if they don't have any Scarabs on Earth.
Actually they managed to beat the convenant (before the start of Halo). They came to the hunter's worlds looking to exploit it for mineral wealth. The hunter fought back and won, largely due to their adaption for the increased gravity of their home world (I mean a ghost probably wouldn't float at x2 gravity, certainly not a wraith). Thus they are actually an independent race and not an intergrated part of the covenenant. Any hunters you see are more like mercenaries than anything else.
Sorry, bored and read the collector's edition handbook thing. I think that's how the story goes.
Any way going round in pair makes them tougher. I mean a single grunt is easy but 2 grunts is... still pretty easy actually.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
BladeOfAkriloth said:
I am compelled by the GW fanboy in me to say that i'd crap my pants if i hear about the nids... i mean wtf? the main hive-fleet hasn't yet entered the galaxy and they're already the biggest threat to life ....... alternatively the necrons(they can be classified as a race)... disintegrating guns...
Well necrons were a race (The Necrontyr), before they got turned into Robot Zombies (armed with matter desintegrators) by creatures the size of starsystems who eat stars for lunch and who, when condensed down into a smaller body, literally shape reality around themselves through sheer willpower. They may be more or less mindless now, but they weren't always like that. And the Lords still maintain some individuality.

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
Mackinator said:
lostclause said:
Hunters from Halo.
Yeah, compared to these other aliens the Hunters are pansies. Without the Covenant equipping them, they'd be nothing other than a giant pile of worms. (Their bodies really are just a huge mass of worms)

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Mackinator said:
lostclause said:
Hunters from Halo.
Yeah, compared to these other aliens the Hunters are pansies. Without the Covenant equipping them, they'd be nothing other than a giant pile of worms. (Their bodies really are just a huge mass of worms)
Seek previous post. De pretty badass actually.