Which Alien Race would you least like to fight?

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
Robin_Lyon said:
Are they da "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"? The same ones that wrap you in cotton candy cocoons? Because those things are creepy yo!

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
Vashta Nerada: Piranhas of the air. Swarms are totally indistinguishable from shadows.
Their name translates as "the shadows that melt the flesh".

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Hawk of Battle said:
The Borg.

/Thread.
I disagree. The borg addapt to the gear the feds use, but they can't to knives, swords etc, which as a reenacter is what I'm likely to use. Besides, the feds are wimps.

Anything blob-like or with dangerous blood, because I can't even try to fight it in melee (I'd lose to most things, but at least I can try).

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Those things from Doctor Who, that live in the dark. They're tiny, so invisible when they all compound together in the dark. They can rip all the flesh from your bones almost instantly.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
lostclause said:
Mackinator said:
lostclause said:
Hunters from Halo.
Well the hunters really are pussys when you think about it - They were pretty much given all their weapons and armour by the Covenant and Slow-moving, unarmored, and unarmed, they serve no actual combat role Singularily. Thats if they don't have any Scarabs on Earth.
Actually they managed to beat the convenant (before the start of Halo). They came to the hunter's worlds looking to exploit it for mineral wealth. The hunter fought back and won, largely due to their adaption for the increased gravity of their home world (I mean a ghost probably wouldn't float at x2 gravity, certainly not a wraith). Thus they are actually an independent race and not an intergrated part of the covenenant. Any hunters you see are more like mercenaries than anything else.
Sorry, bored and read the collector's edition handbook thing. I think that's how the story goes.
Any way going round in pair makes them tougher. I mean a single grunt is easy but 2 grunts is... still pretty easy actually.
Plus they're effectively giant colonies of worms. Hence they could easily burrow somewhere you can't reach then surprise you quickly by burrowing under or behind you. I'm surprised Bungie hasn't considered that in the games yet, actually...

As for me, it would have to be Locust. They're smart and I hate facing enemies with the Torque Bow, it's such a useless weapon in my opinion and I hate it when the enemy has them too. Plus Berserkers are pretty much invincible without the Hammer of Dawn, a detachable train cart, or some other massive weapon (like a giant rock, perhaps?).

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
i would say the aliens from the alien films....
1. if they capture you the drag you off and stick another 1 of them in your chest which later burst out.
2. they aren't just animals, they intelligent and cunning.
3. they're ridiculously strong.
4. and fast too.
5. the crazy little inner mouth thing.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Trivun said:
Plus they're effectively giant colonies of worms. Hence they could easily burrow somewhere you can't reach then surprise you quickly by burrowing under or behind you. I'm surprised Bungie hasn't considered that in the games yet, actually...

As for me, it would have to be Locust. They're smart and I hate facing enemies with the Torque Bow, it's such a useless weapon in my opinion and I hate it when the enemy has them too. Plus Berserkers are pretty much invincible without the Hammer of Dawn, a detachable train cart, or some other massive weapon (like a giant rock, perhaps?).
Nah, that would just turn it into the emergence holes from GOW. Plus most people don't know they're a colony since you have to read to find that. Though fighting a hunter that doesn't wear armour would be interesting, especially if it takes you by surprise (sort of a swarm thing).
Are the locust alien? I'd always got the impression they'd just gone unnoticed until e-day. I agree with the torque bow (except when you have to use it against reavers).

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
T-Bone24 said:
Those things from Doctor Who, that live in the dark. They're tiny, so invisible when they all compound together in the dark. They can rip all the flesh from your bones almost instantly.
Vartanerada (I'm guessing at the spelling). That was one of the best of the new ones.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
lostclause said:
T-Bone24 said:
Vartanerada (I'm guessing at the spelling). That was one of the best of the new ones.
Vashta Nerada. And yes, they were pretty good enemies, though I preferred the Weeping Angels (Blink's my favourite episode so far).

lostclause said:
Trivun said:

Nah, that would just turn it into the emergence holes from GOW. Plus most people don't know they're a colony since you have to read to find that. Though fighting a hunter that doesn't wear armour would be interesting, especially if it takes you by surprise (sort of a swarm thing).
Are the locust alien? I'd always got the impression they'd just gone unnoticed until e-day. I agree with the torque bow (except when you have to use it against reavers).
Yeah, the planet in Gears of War is called Sera, it's a human colony, so it isn't Earth. The Locust Horde are the native alien race, we believe, though according to Gears 2 they may in fact be linked somehow to humans, since there may be a connection of sorts between Marcus's father and the Locust Queen. But yeah, the Locust are alien. They were thought to be like the Bogeyman to human kids on Sera but then E-Day happened and they were found out to be real...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Wow, I never even heard of a third of these aliens.

And the aliens from the Aliens movies are called Xenomorphs? News to me. (Its been a LONG time since I've watched any of the movies)
Yah same here. Im gonna have to say the bat things from pitch Black because thats all i can think of ritght now. Im sure theres other ones but idk.

Robin_Lyon

May 30, 2009
THEMILKMAN said:
Robin_Lyon said:
Are they da "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"? The same ones that wrap you in cotton candy cocoons? Because those things are creepy yo!
o_O Holy mother of Zeus somebody actually got that EVEN THOUGH I spelt it wrong.

You are my new best friend THEMILKMAN (no choice for you). If the zombie apocalypse comes and we are hold up together in a basement full of other people waiting to outlast the zombie hordes, I PROMISE I will kill you for food last.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Metroids. the only effective weapon against them is the Ice Beam. where the hell am i supposed to get an Ice Beam?